Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland 18:34 - Aug 22 with 21367 viewsLaudrup

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-midfielde

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland

22 Aug 2013 18:23

There have been suggestions the South Korean could leave on a loan basis just 12 months on from a then club-record move from Celtic

Swansea City star Ki Sung Yueng takes on Norwich

Ki Seung-Yeung has been linked with a move away from the Liberty Stadium after Sunderland emerged as a potential suitor for the Swansea City star.

Midfield Ki has slipped down the pecking order at the Swans following Michael Laudrup's summer acquisitions of Jose Canas and Jonjo Shelvey in the middle.

And there have been suggestions the South Korean could leave on a loan basis just 12 months on from a then club-record move from Celtic, the 24-year-old left out of the matchday squad for Swansea's Europa League first-leg play-off clash with Petrolul Ploiesti.

Ki signed in a £5.5m move from the SPL giants but to date has only ever delivered glimpses of his form that made him such a hit in Glasgow as well as his home country.

And he could be allowed to leave the Swans, with Laudrup also revealing out-of-favour striker Luke Moore is on the verge of a move to Elazigspor, the Dane confirming he is in talks over a free move to the Turkish outfit.

Laudrup also said Leroy Lita and Curtis Obeng will be granted free transfers if they can find new clubs.

And while he denied reports of Roland Lamah joining FC Copenhagen, he did pour doubt on the Belgium winger's Liberty future after admitting the loan signing from Osasuna had flopped in South Wales.

Lamah was named on the bench to face Petrolul, but Laudrup said: “Roland is in our squad right now, but we will have to see what happens in the last ten days.
“I will talk to the player and see what he wants to do.
“He hasn't been playing until now and he didn't play so much last season - less than probably he expected.
“When you bring in a player you always hope that he plays a lot, score goals or defend perfectly or whatever.
“You can use a certain number of players and then there are players who play less than he expects and this the case with Roland. But he's here and I can't say he will leave to another club.”

I hate signatures

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 19:56 - Aug 22 with 12835 viewsmonmouth

Shame for Ki. I think he has some real talent, but he is well down the pecking order. Don't think Sundy's where you want to be though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 20:02 - Aug 22 with 12805 viewsclement

swap for wickham?

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 21:04 - Aug 22 with 12644 viewsSmellyplumz

Failed to live up to expectations IMO technical player but not got the bottle for a tackle and easily pushed off the ball and absolutely no shot on him for us but he can do.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 21:17 - Aug 22 with 12548 viewsLilleFlue

It must've been a difficult one this for Swansea . Good that it's just a loan . This guy Ki has a very big footballing talent and great potential just waiting to come out.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:13 - Aug 22 with 12218 viewsSASWANSEA

Gutted. He's a fantastic player, savvy signing by Di Canio.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:30 - Aug 22 with 12094 viewsGowerjack

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:13 - Aug 22 by SASWANSEA

Gutted. He's a fantastic player, savvy signing by Di Canio.

Fantastic player....

Despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Still it's all about opinions I suppose.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:55 - Aug 22 with 11971 viewsSASWANSEA

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:30 - Aug 22 by Gowerjack

Fantastic player....

Despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Still it's all about opinions I suppose.

If you can't see the player within Ki then you quite simply don't know football. Brilliant signing for Sunderland.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 23:11 - Aug 22 with 11898 viewsTom1912

Personally, I hope this isn't true.

Ki has loads of ability (with a lot to learn at this level too) and I'd rather we tried to nurture it here, then sent him to Sunderland.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2013 23:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 23:14 - Aug 22 with 11880 viewssammylee3

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 23:11 - Aug 22 by Tom1912

Personally, I hope this isn't true.

Ki has loads of ability (with a lot to learn at this level too) and I'd rather we tried to nurture it here, then sent him to Sunderland.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2013 23:12]

we haven't won a premier league game since he has been dropped from starting line up with Jerry, this is BS. Ki should be starting in my opinion
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 23:27 - Aug 22 with 11834 viewsmikecph

Good technical player - but lacks the mentality to dominate midfield IMO :/
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 23:29 - Aug 22 with 11817 viewsSwanfan1

Daily Mail now saying that Ki was never Laudrup´s choice.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 23:30 - Aug 22 with 11812 viewsTom1912

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 23:27 - Aug 22 by mikecph

Good technical player - but lacks the mentality to dominate midfield IMO :/

And the strength.

But that doesn't necessarily mean he can't take a role in our side.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 23:35 - Aug 22 with 11795 viewshobo

Was hoping for him to get a start tonight. Would be disappointing to see him leave, but maybe he can come back all the better for it?
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 07:17 - Aug 23 with 11442 viewsGowerjack

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 22:55 - Aug 22 by SASWANSEA

If you can't see the player within Ki then you quite simply don't know football. Brilliant signing for Sunderland.

Yep me and Laudrap....

You're not doing very well here are you?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 07:22 - Aug 23 with 11427 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup saw a player in Shechter though.

Ki's got ability. No doubt in my mind about that. We've not seen anything like enough of it though and it's pretty obvious that Laudrup doesn't want him as a likely first choice.

Don't mind if he stays, wouldn't mind if he left.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 07:32 - Aug 23 with 11399 viewsLaudrupFan

You really can't blame Ki and Lamah for wanting to leave.
Neither have gotten enough playing time, especially lately.
But both need to be replaced if they leave as the squad will otherwise be too small.

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 07:34 - Aug 23 with 11384 viewsNeath_Jack

No great loss. Wouldnt get anywhere near the starting 11 this year, would struggle to get on the bench. Technical player aye, but for a big bloke he aint half lightweight. Wages better spent on someone else for me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:13 - Aug 23 with 11127 viewssammylee3

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 07:34 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

No great loss. Wouldnt get anywhere near the starting 11 this year, would struggle to get on the bench. Technical player aye, but for a big bloke he aint half lightweight. Wages better spent on someone else for me.

it would be nice if he had a long run in the team from the start, lad has barely had a chance to settle.

Done nothing wrong for me and has lots of potential
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:22 - Aug 23 with 11097 viewsperchrockjack

Ki has been gash for some time and ML is hard underneath that urbane manner.
Ki looks terrified in front of goal and actually seems to want to pass the ball backwards instead.
At the moment, he was a poor buy as his stock hasn't gone up much.
Not sure how he d fare with the madman at the Stadium of Light

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:30 - Aug 23 with 11064 viewsQuakerJack

Hope it's a loan, talented lad who's only issue is confidence. Not sure he has the personality to recover his confidence under il duce who would rather slap you than put an arm around you.

Wonder how this will effect our Korean stock. Will Kiisgod now be a regular on the mackem forum?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:31 - Aug 23 with 11058 viewsNeath_Jack

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:13 - Aug 23 by sammylee3

it would be nice if he had a long run in the team from the start, lad has barely had a chance to settle.

Done nothing wrong for me and has lots of potential

So, you would like to replace what is an excellent current midfield set up, with someone who has potential, in the view that he might come good given a run of games? Fair play, thats bonkers. Thank f*ck you aint picking the side.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:39 - Aug 23 with 11031 viewsDafyddHuw

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 20:02 - Aug 22 by clement

swap for wickham?

Why? What's he ever done for the Mackems except fail to show why they paid £5M for him?

Maybe a season out on loan would be good for Ki. Thought that if he got a run this season and he felt settletd in the team, and more improtantly, wanted by the club, then he'd start showing what he could do for us on a regular basis.

Strange how he was so good at Celtic, but has only been a shodow of that here. Our midfield is so strong these days though, you have to be reallly exceptional to even get on the bench. (never thought I'd live to say that about the Swans).
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:47 - Aug 23 with 11001 viewsNeath_Jack

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:39 - Aug 23 by DafyddHuw

Why? What's he ever done for the Mackems except fail to show why they paid £5M for him?

Maybe a season out on loan would be good for Ki. Thought that if he got a run this season and he felt settletd in the team, and more improtantly, wanted by the club, then he'd start showing what he could do for us on a regular basis.

Strange how he was so good at Celtic, but has only been a shodow of that here. Our midfield is so strong these days though, you have to be reallly exceptional to even get on the bench. (never thought I'd live to say that about the Swans).

You say strange how he was so good at Celtic, he was only a bit part player for them as well mind. I think people remember that one screamer of a goal he scored for them and assume that was the norm for him. It wasn't.

Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:51 - Aug 23 with 10982 viewsJonTheJack

I'll be disappointed if he leaves. He clearly has potential, but we can't afford to keep giving him chances if he doesn't perform regularly.

Our midfield has just completely phased him out because we're so blessed for options.
Swansea City midfielder Ki Seung-Yeung linked with move to Sunderland on 10:56 - Aug 23 with 10952 viewsUxbridge

He put in some decent performances in for us last year as well. All before the turn of the year granted but he wasn't the total bust some people are presenting him as.

We're stacked in midfield so someone's going to lose out. If they're paying us a wedge to take him on loan for a season then maybe it's best all round. I'm happy for him to stay though .... definitely think there's a player there.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024