Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Sinclair to WBA 18:10 - Aug 23 with 7559 viewsLaudrup

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/albion-sign-sinclair-1008239.aspx

Albion sign Sinclair

PUBLISHED
16:00 22nd August 2013

Winger joins on season-long loan with view to permanent move

ALBION have boosted their attacking options by signing Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal

The 24-year-old today completed his move after passing a medical and will wear the No.10 shirt.

Sinclair arrives with a wealth of Barclays Premier League experience having also played for Chelsea, Swansea and Wigan in the top flight.

He is a player Steve Clarke knows well having seen him come through the ranks at Stamford Bridge.

“Scott understands he needs to play football and it will be good to work with him again,” said the Baggies boss.

“We’re delighted he feels this is the right club for him at this stage of his career.

“He is the type of player we were missing from the squad.

“He is a pure winger, who is quick, direct and scores goals — he has proven that over his career.

“He can play off the right or left and improves our attacking options.

“I know him well and he is a good person, who I know is 100 per cent committed to our cause.

“He is frustrated he did not get the chances to play at Man City last season and hopefully he will take those frustrations out on Premier League defenders this season.”

Sinclair has played for England from Under-17s to Under-21s level and represented Team GB at last summer’s Olympics.

He is renowned for his pace and trickery and has a reputation for scoring individual goals.

Sporting & Technical Director (Designate) Richard Garlick added: “Scott is the winger we ear-marked right at the start of the transfer window.

“He has had a frustrating time at Manchester City but you cannot doubt his quality in terms of what he has done in the past.

“He has a got a full pre-season under his belt with City and he is young, he is hungry and wants to play.

“He likes the club, the set-up, players and head coach.

“Hopefully he will bring a wow factor to the team — and is a player who will excite the fans.”

The Bath-born forward joined Bristol Rovers as a nine-year-old and became their second-youngest debutant — aged 15 years and 277 days — in a League Two clash with Leyton Orient in December 2004.

Chelsea snapped him up for a tribunal-set fee in July 2005 and he spent five years with the London club.

He made his first-team debut as a late substitute in a League Cup semi-final clash with Wycombe Wanderers in January, 2007.

Sinclair, who scored his first senior goal for Chelsea in a 4-0 League Cup win over Hull during the 2007/08 campaign, enjoyed loan spells at Plymouth, QPR, Charlton and Crystal Palace to gain first-team experience.

The 5ft8in ace also spent the second half of the 2008/09 season at Birmingham, helping them win automatic promotion to the top flight.

Sinclair’s form encouraged Wigan to snap him up for the following campaign, when he made his first real impact on the Barclays Premier League under then-Latics boss Roberto Martinez.

In summer 2010, he joined Swansea on a permanent basis and quickly became a fans’ favourite at the Liberty Stadium.

He scored 19 goals in his first season for the Swans, including a play-off final hat-trick in a 4-2 Wembley win over Reading to make them the first Welsh club to reach the Barclays Premier League.

Sinclair carried that form into the top flight, scoring eight goals in 37 games, prompting then-Premier League champions City to splash £6.2million to take him to the Etihad Stadium last summer, where he found first-team opportunities hard to come by.

In total, Sinclair has made 211 career league appearances, including 64 as a substitute, scoring 53 times.

I hate signatures

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:10 - Aug 23 with 5479 viewsLaudrup

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/sinclair-fans-gave-me-no-choice-1008495.aspx

Sinclair: Fans gave me no choice!

PUBLISHED
06:00 23rd August 2013

Winger hopes to make a home at The Hawthorns

SCOTT Sinclair is delighted to have completed his move to The Hawthorns — admitting, Albion fans on Twitter helped sway his decision over which club to sign for.

The 24-year-old winger, who yesterday joined the Baggies on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal, received numerous tweets from supporters urging him to put pen to paper for Steve Clarke's men.

And the former Swansea, Chelsea and Manchester City forward hopes to repay Albion supporters by scoring plenty of goals this term.

“The Albion fans have been on Twitter telling me how great it would be for me to come down,” said Sinclair.

“It’s great to have that feeling back.

“I’m looking forward to playing and repaying them by scoring some goals.

“I’m very happy to be an Albion player and I’m looking forward to this season.

“I can’t wait to get some games under my belt.

“Hopefully now I can get my career back on track.

“I want to show the fans what I can do and get them behind me.

“It would be great if I can play on Saturday.”

Sinclair has made six loan moves in as many years — but hopes he is now able to settle down at The Hawthorns.

“I’ve been on loan a few times,” added Sinclair.

“It was a little bit annoying in the past when I was younger because it was to get experience.

“But this time I’m not coming out for experience, I’m coming out to play games.

“Of course I want to settle down and stop going from loan to loan.

“Hopefully, in the future, I can settle down with one club."

Sinclair worked alongside head coach Clarke during his five years at Stamford Bridge.

And the Bath-born attacker cited the Baggies chief as a huge factor in him choosing Albion — after discussing the move with his family.

“I like the style of football Albion play and that’s why I chose to come here and play for Steve Clarke.

“I know him previously from my Chelsea days and I’m excited to be playing for him again.

“I sat down with my family and Steve Clarke being at West Brom helped us make the decision when we were discussing where the best place for me to come was at this point of my career.

“I’ve spoken to Steve throughout, we know each other well, and there isn’t a better place for me to come than here.

“Albion play good football and it’s great for me to come into this side.”

I hate signatures

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:12 - Aug 23 with 5458 viewsDarran

F*ck him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:23 - Aug 23 with 5406 viewspencoedjack

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:12 - Aug 23 by Darran

F*ck him.

Why ? Without his hat trick at Wembley (and his 25 odd goals), we would probably be going to Yeovil, Bournemouth & Barnsley this season.

Would of moved to the next level under Mighty Mick.

Good luck Scotty except Sunday week (when you will probably score the winner) and the home fixture.
Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:29 - Aug 23 with 5388 viewsmonmouth

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:23 - Aug 23 by pencoedjack

Why ? Without his hat trick at Wembley (and his 25 odd goals), we would probably be going to Yeovil, Bournemouth & Barnsley this season.

Good luck Scotty except Sunday week (when you will probably score the winner) and the home fixture.

Not a hope in my view. Championship player, premier league failure, except in his own head. Thanks Scott for the championship season, you were just what we needed. Oh and for getting us 8m quid when you were worth less than 2m. Now, as Darran says, f**k you. Off you go and fail again. You can score a few against the redtits if you like.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:33 - Aug 23 with 5357 viewspencoedjack

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:29 - Aug 23 by monmouth

Not a hope in my view. Championship player, premier league failure, except in his own head. Thanks Scott for the championship season, you were just what we needed. Oh and for getting us 8m quid when you were worth less than 2m. Now, as Darran says, f**k you. Off you go and fail again. You can score a few against the redtits if you like.

Why all the fuking hatred to players who leave ? Sinclair was a massive part of our history without him we would not be plying our trade in the PL.

Your predication will bite you on the arse.
Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:46 - Aug 23 with 5318 viewsdgt73

Worth less than £2 million, have a word with yourself.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:47 - Aug 23 with 5316 viewsmonmouth

I don't hate him, I don't have any feelings about him. I don't love or hate players, just love my club. So, again, just f**k him. He's just another who thought he was a big cheese and too good for us after we made him marketable. It cant bite me cos whether he does anything against us or not, he'll can still f**k off. Dai Gwyther scored a hat-trick against us; I was still glad he was nowhere near our team.

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:49 - Aug 23 with 5305 viewsDr_Winston

Championship player? Naaah.

Good enough for a mid-level club like WBA for sure. Could probably still do a job for us.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:51 - Aug 23 with 5293 viewsDarran

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:23 - Aug 23 by pencoedjack

Eh because I couldn't give one mighty f*ck how he does at WBA.
Stop grieving Penc he's gone FFS,

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:52 - Aug 23 with 5289 viewsmonmouth

How much would you pay for him to do it?

(but yeah I was way OTT....I thought he f****d us about before the mancs resolved the issue for everyone)

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:55 - Aug 23 with 5272 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:49 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

Championship player? Naaah.

Good enough for a mid-level club like WBA for sure. Could probably still do a job for us.

He would definitely do a job for us, I'd have him back instead of Lamah, maybe even Dyer.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:55 - Aug 23 with 5268 viewspencoedjack

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:47 - Aug 23 by monmouth

I don't hate him, I don't have any feelings about him. I don't love or hate players, just love my club. So, again, just f**k him. He's just another who thought he was a big cheese and too good for us after we made him marketable. It cant bite me cos whether he does anything against us or not, he'll can still f**k off. Dai Gwyther scored a hat-trick against us; I was still glad he was nowhere near our team.

What a pitiful comparison.

Sinclair (or his Mrs) choose to treble his wages with a move to at at the time champions.

I also love the club and not the players, but I am man enough to be thankful to those who have helped get where we are today.
Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:57 - Aug 23 with 5253 viewsdgt73

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:47 - Aug 23 by monmouth

Its not about loving or hating players, but without sinclairs goals in the championship i doubt we would of gone up that season, he did ok in the PL for us scoring 8 goals, just cant understand someone who say's fu*k him wouldn't it be better if you said nothing..

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:59 - Aug 23 with 5243 viewsDr_Winston

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:55 - Aug 23 by AtleticoAbertawe

He would definitely do a job for us, I'd have him back instead of Lamah, maybe even Dyer.

Obviously better than Lamah.

Dyer outshone him by several orders of magnitude last time they played a season together. No way I'd have Sinclair ahead of him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:59 - Aug 23 with 5238 viewspencoedjack

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:55 - Aug 23 by AtleticoAbertawe

Maybe Dyer, are you pissed ?

Without the possible exception of Routs he is better than all he wingers we got.
Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:00 - Aug 23 with 5234 viewsmonmouth

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:55 - Aug 23 by pencoedjack

What a pitiful comparison.

Sinclair (or his Mrs) choose to treble his wages with a move to at at the time champions.

I also love the club and not the players, but I am man enough to be thankful to those who have helped get where we are today.

Good lad.

You keep on wishing them all good luck in their careers then and I'll continue not giving a toss.

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:01 - Aug 23 with 5229 viewsmonmouth

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:57 - Aug 23 by dgt73

Its not about loving or hating players, but without sinclairs goals in the championship i doubt we would of gone up that season, he did ok in the PL for us scoring 8 goals, just cant understand someone who say's fu*k him wouldn't it be better if you said nothing..

Probably aye.

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:01 - Aug 23 with 5228 viewsDarran

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:57 - Aug 23 by dgt73

F*ck me who are you Theresa May?

Stop living in the past,he doesn't play for us so f*ck him.

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:02 - Aug 23 with 5213 viewsPozuelosSideys

Sinclair would look good playing within ML's tactics. Always comfortable coming inside. Would have been a good choice for a winger on rotation.

No doubt his wages wouldve been a problem though.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:06 - Aug 23 with 5198 viewspencoedjack

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 18:59 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

Obviously better than Lamah.

Dyer outshone him by several orders of magnitude last time they played a season together. No way I'd have Sinclair ahead of him.

Goals and assists from the last season they played together

Scott Sinclair Swansea City 8 5
Nathan Dyer Swansea City 5 3

Don't go the penalty route, Dyer would not have the bottle to take them in pressure situations like SS.
Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:07 - Aug 23 with 5186 viewsDarran

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:06 - Aug 23 by pencoedjack

Goals and assists from the last season they played together

Scott Sinclair Swansea City 8 5
Nathan Dyer Swansea City 5 3

Don't go the penalty route, Dyer would not have the bottle to take them in pressure situations like SS.

Blimey Penc you have got it bad Dude.

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:09 - Aug 23 with 5179 viewspencoedjack

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:07 - Aug 23 by Darran

Blimey Penc you have got it bad Dude.

Yeah for Rosie Dar
Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:10 - Aug 23 with 5168 viewsDarran

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:09 - Aug 23 by pencoedjack

Yeah for Rosie Dar

I've had her you're not missing much.

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:12 - Aug 23 with 5161 viewsDr_Winston

I can't imagine anyone watching both players during 2011/12 and deciding that Sinclair was the better of the pair. Bugger the stats.

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:13 - Aug 23 with 5149 viewsDarran

Scott Sinclair to WBA on 19:12 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

I can't imagine anyone watching both players during 2011/12 and deciding that Sinclair was the better of the pair. Bugger the stats.

Well he wasn't,his overall play during the PL season was no more than average.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024