Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best transfer window for Swansea city? 11:01 - Sep 3 with 4381 viewstreboethjack

We've brought in some very good signings both for the current squad and for the future. With all the rumers (once again) of key players leaving we have somehow managed to hold on to them all. How do you feel this one compares to the transfer windows of the past, and do you feel this is our strongest squad across all positions? thoughts?

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 11:04 - Sep 3 with 3413 viewsmonmouth

Last year was superb, this year has built on it. The reason I think this the best overall transfer window we've ever had is that not only have we strengthened some option but we've kept everyone we wanted too. So yes...the best.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 11:11 - Sep 3 with 3396 viewsJackSomething

Given that we've signed players who can make an immediate impact:

- Bony
- JDG
- Canas
- Pozuelo
- Amat
- Shelvey
- Vasquez?

Plus some potential for the future:

- Zabret
- Gogic
- Meade

While trimming some of the fringe/unwanted players from the squad:

- Gower
- Bartley
- Tate
- Agustien
- Moore

And not losing any of our stars, it has to go down as a fantastic transfer window. I especially like that all of our signings are relatively young and show that we're thinking long-term with our transfers.

My only slight regrets are loaning Ki out (as I felt this season was his big chance to impress), not signing another winger (Redmond would have been great) and not getting in a more proven backup striker than Vasquez. Then again, I've never seen Vasquez play, so he could well be superb.

As for strongest squad, without a shadow of a doubt I've never seen a stronger squad while supporting the Swans. I was only a wee bairn when we were in the First Division though, so can't really compare.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 11:43 - Sep 3 with 3317 viewstownhill_boi

Don't see it myself. Bony is a 14 mil flop IMO, he looks to slow and sluggish, the jury is also out on shelvey have not been that impressed. Amat looks poor, and we loan a striker who scored just 4 goals last season. The only bright light is canas, he looks quality and for free was a good deal.
Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 11:49 - Sep 3 with 3294 viewsepaul

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 11:43 - Sep 3 by townhill_boi

Don't see it myself. Bony is a 14 mil flop IMO, he looks to slow and sluggish, the jury is also out on shelvey have not been that impressed. Amat looks poor, and we loan a striker who scored just 4 goals last season. The only bright light is canas, he looks quality and for free was a good deal.

Well in following the Swans for what 39 years we aint done this good a business in my time. Well done Swansea
[Post edited 3 Sep 2013 11:50]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 12:00 - Sep 3 with 3233 viewsshandyjack

so a striker with a 1 in 2 record since joining us is a flop. This guy is surely trolling, Amat has looked a good player with potential, shelvey has been 50/50 for me but im sure will be integral to the team come the end of the season. Vazquez may only have scored 4 last season but i trust Laudrup to know a player and his qualities better than us given that hes has worked with the player twice

Poll: Expectation for the season

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 12:00 - Sep 3 with 3233 viewsyescomeon

In what world is Bony a flop?!

Upthecity!

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 12:01 - Sep 3 with 3222 viewsshandyjack

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 12:00 - Sep 3 by yescomeon

In what world is Bony a flop?!

in the world of an idiot

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 12:02 - Sep 3 with 3218 viewsJackSomething

Almost word for word what you posted in another topic.

If you want to be a good WUM, you must try harder.

Login to get fewer ads

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 12:04 - Sep 3 with 3212 viewsmonmouth

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 12:02 - Sep 3 by JackSomething

Almost word for word what you posted in another topic.

If you want to be a good WUM, you must try harder.

Yeah, there's a couple of them about. Presumably think it makes things more 'interesting' to continuously post nonsense.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 12:45 - Sep 3 with 3081 viewsFar_Post

Laudrup wanted two senior players for every position. Looks like he has got it.

GK: Vorm, Tremmel
Full Back: Rangel, Tiendalli, Davies, Taylor
Centre Back: Williams, Amat, Chico, Monk
Defensive Mid: Canas, Britton
Neutral Mid: Shelvey, De Guzman
Attacking Mid: Michu, Pozuelo
Wingers: Dyer, Pablo, Routledge, Lamah
Strikers: Bony, Vasquez

Not many weaknesses in there, happy with that.

Blog: The C Word

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 12:48 - Sep 3 with 3064 viewsMattG

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 12:45 - Sep 3 by Far_Post

When you look at it like that, it does show how the strength in depth of the squad has been improved over the last 12 months.
Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 12:50 - Sep 3 with 3052 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

I'd say Pozeulo looks like the best signing, cheap as chips with bags and bags of potential. As for Bony being a flop

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 13:12 - Sep 3 with 3005 viewsJackSomething

That's not bad is it?

It's not long ago that the likes of Tate, Gower, Orlandi, Kemy and Lita would figure in a list like that.

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 13:17 - Sep 3 with 2987 viewsTycoch_Tyrant

That is very impressive when you summarise it like that. I'd say the only slight weakness in that line-up is now the centre backs as Monk is nearing retirement and Amat hasn't totally convinced me yet.. however, you must also remember that generally (apart from goalie) this is one of the least sub'ed positions and William and chico are absolute beasts for any defence to contend with!

May I also say, at risk of being hounded off the board, that sunday was the first time I've watched a britton-less match and not really felt like the team has suffered as a whole for his absence. Granted west brom were poor, but it also shows that Canas is looking very good indeed as an eventual replacement.

PS Best transfer window i've ever seen this year, last year was the most surprising but this one wins for being as stable as the last was unstable!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2013 13:19]
Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 13:23 - Sep 3 with 2957 viewsshandyjack

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 13:17 - Sep 3 by Tycoch_Tyrant

That is very impressive when you summarise it like that. I'd say the only slight weakness in that line-up is now the centre backs as Monk is nearing retirement and Amat hasn't totally convinced me yet.. however, you must also remember that generally (apart from goalie) this is one of the least sub'ed positions and William and chico are absolute beasts for any defence to contend with!

May I also say, at risk of being hounded off the board, that sunday was the first time I've watched a britton-less match and not really felt like the team has suffered as a whole for his absence. Granted west brom were poor, but it also shows that Canas is looking very good indeed as an eventual replacement.

PS Best transfer window i've ever seen this year, last year was the most surprising but this one wins for being as stable as the last was unstable!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2013 13:19]

Agreed, a future Britton-less team, which i have always feared in the past now seems to be just as good with Canas in there. However our best XI for me still features Leon for me, but only just. Still early days for all new signings to show a consistant form

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 13:24 - Sep 3 with 2952 viewsmart6

Another scummer. They are so bloody obvious and stupid'
Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 13:24 - Sep 3 with 2951 viewsJokeren1943

I have to say, you have no idea about football

Bony is very different from all our other players. He is a stationary box player. He need time to adapt to 22 new teammates, 19 new teams and a completely new league and football culture. Give him a break. You can<t judge a player after 1 months football. This aint football manager.

Lets talk at christmas and we have got a clue how good he is.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2013 13:44]
Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 13:28 - Sep 3 with 2925 viewsJokeren1943

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 13:23 - Sep 3 by shandyjack

Agreed, a future Britton-less team, which i have always feared in the past now seems to be just as good with Canas in there. However our best XI for me still features Leon for me, but only just. Still early days for all new signings to show a consistant form

And when you consider Canas only have had 45 days with our team. He will be deadly.

Britton is a legend :). Hard to find a competent replacement when Britton stops. But we may have fund one.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2013 13:28]
Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 13:40 - Sep 3 with 2858 viewswaynekerr55

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 14:06 - Sep 3 with 2790 viewsMattG

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 13:28 - Sep 3 by Jokeren1943

And when you consider Canas only have had 45 days with our team. He will be deadly.

Britton is a legend :). Hard to find a competent replacement when Britton stops. But we may have fund one.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2013 13:28]

Have to agree. Was a bit underwhelmed by Canas in pre-season but, the early yellow card aside, thought he had a decent game against United and was excellent against WBA.

Free transfer, too - brilliant business.
Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 14:29 - Sep 3 with 2738 viewsmart6

We have signed nearly all our targets, possibly all of them. All the players we wanted to keep are still here, so yes must be the best transfer window for us. Happy Days.

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 14:33 - Sep 3 with 2721 viewsJokeren1943

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 14:29 - Sep 3 by mart6

We have signed nearly all our targets, possibly all of them. All the players we wanted to keep are still here, so yes must be the best transfer window for us. Happy Days.

We do not seem to need to spent any money on players next summer. Maybe we should use our money on a five meters bronze statue of Jenkins outside the Liberty instead.

It could be called "The Jen"
Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 14:48 - Sep 3 with 2691 viewsLaudrup

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 12:00 - Sep 3 by shandyjack

so a striker with a 1 in 2 record since joining us is a flop. This guy is surely trolling, Amat has looked a good player with potential, shelvey has been 50/50 for me but im sure will be integral to the team come the end of the season. Vazquez may only have scored 4 last season but i trust Laudrup to know a player and his qualities better than us given that hes has worked with the player twice

Where and when has Laudrup ever worked with Vazquez?

I hate signatures

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 15:00 - Sep 3 with 2666 viewsshandyjack

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 14:48 - Sep 3 by Laudrup

Where and when has Laudrup ever worked with Vazquez?

"Vasquez is a young player I know from his time at Espanyol and now Getafe," he told the Swans' official website.

read from that that he worked with him, apologies if incorrect.
Still optimistic about the signing

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 15:00 - Sep 3 with 2666 viewsTycoch_Tyrant

Best transfer window for Swansea city? on 14:33 - Sep 3 by Jokeren1943

We do not seem to need to spent any money on players next summer. Maybe we should use our money on a five meters bronze statue of Jenkins outside the Liberty instead.

It could be called "The Jen"

And a two inch one of Leon Britton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024