Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Davies 09:44 - Nov 4 with 2584 viewsGaz_M

In a formation where our fullbacks are such an important offensive weapon, it's plain to see part of the reason why we're struggling a little. Taylor is a decent enough lower-end PL player, but he's severely lacking in any offensive ability or drive. Davies has that ability to both go past players himself, and make those incisive forward passes - Taylor just hasn't got that in his locker unfortunately.

Of course Taylor isn't helped by the woefully out of form Wayne Routledge 'playing' in front of him, but even at the height of Sinclair's powers he never really offered that offensive threat Rangel is capable of on the opposite flank.
Ben Davies on 09:47 - Nov 4 with 2576 viewsshandyjack

It's Taylkors positional play that has been worry me, the Kuban game and yesterday he was caught loads with balls over the top of him and he seems to of lost 5 yards of pace, he looks so slow atm

Poll: Expectation for the season

Ben Davies on 09:50 - Nov 4 with 2560 viewswaynekerr55

Ben Davies on 09:47 - Nov 4 by shandyjack

It's Taylkors positional play that has been worry me, the Kuban game and yesterday he was caught loads with balls over the top of him and he seems to of lost 5 yards of pace, he looks so slow atm

Like I said earlier on I wonder if the big timer will be asking his agent to hawk him out to other clubs like he did 2 years ago.

Convenient that he signed a new deal within weeks of his injury also. As you can tell I haven't forgotten that sorry saga

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ben Davies on 09:55 - Nov 4 with 2547 viewsGaz_M

Can't agree that he's lost any of his pace, looked pretty effin quick to me!

He's always lacked attacking threat.
Ben Davies on 10:08 - Nov 4 with 2518 viewswaynekerr55

Ben Davies on 09:55 - Nov 4 by Gaz_M

Can't agree that he's lost any of his pace, looked pretty effin quick to me!

He's always lacked attacking threat.

I want to know what the f*ck he was doing day dreaming. It wasn't exactly rocket science that they were going to play channels.

Ben Davies on 11:32 - Nov 4 with 2450 viewsbuilthjack

Ben Davies on 10:08 - Nov 4 by waynekerr55

I want to know what the f*ck he was doing day dreaming. It wasn't exactly rocket science that they were going to play channels.

Huge huge loss Ben Davies, he starts so many attacks and links up well with midfield, and gets crosses in. Rangel does the same when we have dyer in the same world!! That extra attacking option has gone with Ben sidelined.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ben Davies on 11:33 - Nov 4 with 2440 viewsJackanapes

I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't mention that Taylor had a very good game against Sunderland.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Ben Davies on 11:55 - Nov 4 with 2417 viewswaynekerr55

Ben Davies on 11:33 - Nov 4 by Jackanapes

I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't mention that Taylor had a very good game against Sunderland.

But is that more of an indication of how bad Sunderland are, that we dispatched them 4 nil despite being nowhere near the heights of the previous 2 season

(ducks further for cover)

Ben Davies on 11:57 - Nov 4 with 2413 viewsJackanapes

Ok so any evidence that suggests a fallibilty in your argument is just evidence of weakness elsewhere, not strength on our part, that works both ways.
It begs the question why, if Ben is good , did he look so bad against such terrible opposition?
[Post edited 4 Nov 2013 11:58]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Davies on 12:00 - Nov 4 with 2398 views_

Ben Davies on 09:50 - Nov 4 by waynekerr55

Like I said earlier on I wonder if the big timer will be asking his agent to hawk him out to other clubs like he did 2 years ago.

Convenient that he signed a new deal within weeks of his injury also. As you can tell I haven't forgotten that sorry saga

Oh shut up FFS. WTF has that got to do with anything. The boy's still "coming back" from a broken leg, Ramsey at Arsenal was set back years.

For some reason you're picking on Taylor and fack knows why.

You're better on the scum board licking arse, instead of talking shit on here.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Ben Davies on 12:05 - Nov 4 with 2389 viewswaynekerr55

Ben Davies on 12:00 - Nov 4 by _

Oh shut up FFS. WTF has that got to do with anything. The boy's still "coming back" from a broken leg, Ramsey at Arsenal was set back years.

For some reason you're picking on Taylor and fack knows why.

You're better on the scum board licking arse, instead of talking shit on here.

Me talking sh*t? Says the man whose got a reputation for it on here

Perhaps if he didn't give it the big I am 2 years ago then he wouldn't be in line for this abuse. Maybe I need to let it go. The fact of the matter is he got caught ball watching and should have done better - especially given the fact that he got ideas above his station before

Ben Davies on 12:07 - Nov 4 with 2386 viewswaynekerr55

Ben Davies on 11:57 - Nov 4 by Jackanapes

Ok so any evidence that suggests a fallibilty in your argument is just evidence of weakness elsewhere, not strength on our part, that works both ways.
It begs the question why, if Ben is good , did he look so bad against such terrible opposition?
[Post edited 4 Nov 2013 11:58]

Good question. Perhaps I am being harsh, but it still rankles the way him and his agent pimped themselves around to Newcastle and refused to answer Brendan's calls thinking he was done and dusted.

Ben Davies on 12:10 - Nov 4 with 2377 viewsJackanapes

Ben Davies on 12:07 - Nov 4 by waynekerr55

Good question. Perhaps I am being harsh, but it still rankles the way him and his agent pimped themselves around to Newcastle and refused to answer Brendan's calls thinking he was done and dusted.

we have got two international left backs. Why cant we be happy about it.

Ben Davies on 12:11 - Nov 4 with 2374 viewswaynekerr55

Ben Davies on 12:10 - Nov 4 by Jackanapes

we have got two international left backs. Why cant we be happy about it.

Yeah, perhaps I'm letting the red mist (no pun intended) get the better of me.

I won't let the fact that his 12 year old defending yesterday led to the set piece though

Ben Davies on 12:12 - Nov 4 with 2369 viewsJackanapes

Ben Davies on 12:11 - Nov 4 by waynekerr55

Yeah, perhaps I'm letting the red mist (no pun intended) get the better of me.

I won't let the fact that his 12 year old defending yesterday led to the set piece though

You can add chico and shelvey there. It hurts.Im still hurting. But life is painful.

Ben Davies on 14:44 - Nov 4 with 2250 viewsBanosswan

This is a big factor in why arsenal are doing so well. Their full backs attack the corners and whip in good crosses. Sagna has done this a few times this season. Our wingers/full backs mostly seem to pull out (giggity) and pass the ball back inside.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Ben Davies on 14:47 - Nov 4 with 2243 viewsJokeren1943

Ben Davies on 12:12 - Nov 4 by Jackanapes

You can add chico and shelvey there. It hurts.Im still hurting. But life is painful.

Davies injury has just shown how important Ben is to our attack - and how much better a player he is compared to Taylor.
Ben Davies on 14:50 - Nov 4 with 2234 viewswr72

Ben Davies on 14:44 - Nov 4 by Banosswan

This is a big factor in why arsenal are doing so well. Their full backs attack the corners and whip in good crosses. Sagna has done this a few times this season. Our wingers/full backs mostly seem to pull out (giggity) and pass the ball back inside.

True.But they've usually a centre forward (Giroud) in the box on the end of these crosses.Our wingers look up and there's no one there to cross too as Michu hasn't made it into the box yet.

We check back and play it to the oncoming Rangel or Taylor,usually.
Ben Davies on 14:57 - Nov 4 with 2201 viewsDavillin

Quoting: "Of course Taylor isn't helped by the woefully out of form Wayne Routledge 'playing' in front of him...."

You might consider whether you're exchanging cause and effect there. Perhaps Routledge is "out of form" because Taylor is playing behind him and not Ben Davies [which I think is the case].

It's not unlike defending a poor strike rate because a striker isn't receiving adequate service from the midfield.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Ben Davies on 16:03 - Nov 4 with 2110 viewsDr_Winston

Taylor's a good player. Obviously nowhere near either Ben Davies' class or 100% of his own potential at the moment, but certainly good enough for us.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ben Davies on 16:33 - Nov 4 with 2071 viewsjojaca

What a load rubbish spouting about Taylor, give the guy a break he has just come back from serious injury. You just can't switch a button and return and expect him to return to his form before injury. It could take another 6 months or so, he is naturally going to be short of confidence.

Even when you know, you never know?

Ben Davies on 16:50 - Nov 4 with 2044 viewsmidswan

First Pablo,now Ben, I love it how soon as a player is out of action we are missing them like the Messiah ....give it a couple of weeks and it will be the same with Michu.
Funny how we where still playing shite even when they where playing.
Still,opinions and a.holes and all that.
Ben Davies on 17:18 - Nov 4 with 2013 viewsDull1Thomas

Ben Davies on 16:33 - Nov 4 by jojaca

What a load rubbish spouting about Taylor, give the guy a break he has just come back from serious injury. You just can't switch a button and return and expect him to return to his form before injury. It could take another 6 months or so, he is naturally going to be short of confidence.

So Taylor needs another 6 months,
Canas, Pozuelo, Tiendalli, Pablo, Vasquez, Amat and Bony are getting used to the Premier league.
Shelvey is coming to terms with our style.
Michu plays out of position
de Guzman is inconsistent.
According to some Leon is rubbish.
Our wingers can't cross or get past player.
Chico is a liability.
We'd only have a decent goalkeeper if we morphed Geryr and Vorm.
Rangel is expected to do well and Ash is captain of Wales.

If we can keep this squad together we might win the Championship next season.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024