Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evolution 19:45 - Nov 9 with 2306 viewsGundog

Having supported the Swans since 78 and seeing the way the Swans have evolved, I am now struggling with the fact that we might have reached the point where we balance, ie tipping point. Where do we go from now, we have not got the finances to compete with the so called big boys, yet we are playing football the right way, the way the pundits love. Do we carry on playing and praying that we stay in the prem and hope that we reach 9th place in the league, ( because we wont get any higher as Laudrup has said himself ) I think that we deserve our place in the premier league and long may it continue but it all comes down to the way the board run this beautiful club.
Passion is evolution.

Poll: should Leon still be the main man in midfield

Evolution on 19:57 - Nov 9 with 2279 viewsDull1Thomas

Keep on keeping on - the only way we'll survive in the Prem is by continuing out 'football' playing style; it's one that as a team we can be better than the sum of our parts.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Evolution on 20:00 - Nov 9 with 2270 viewsdeanscfc

Open question....

Say we stay in the PL playing good, passing football....does there come a point where we do start looking for/accepting bigger investments? Is there a way that we can grow to become a bigger club that can afford more on players and wages to compete higher up the league?

Obviously we're in Europe due to winning a cup but it would be great to continue it via league qualification.
Evolution on 20:01 - Nov 9 with 2268 viewsdameedna

Southampton, Cardiff, WBA, Villa and Reading doing well. Since 78 not all theses clubs in the locality have been doing so well. Swindon, Bristol and Portsmouth have fallen away. The quality of players coming to the Region can only help to improve the chances of staying in the Prem.

Not everyone wants to be a top 6 club. Win today and we go 9th in the Prem. That is our target. That's what we need to achieve today.

Lose and we are still outside relegation spots. I dont think we deserve our place I think we have been fortunate to keep a group of players together. With some changes to players and Europe calling our resources are being tested this season. We are on course to finish top of our group in Europe and have beaten Valencia 0 - 3. That is evolution.
Evolution on 21:30 - Nov 9 with 2138 viewsGeoffThom

Southampton show that reasonable size club can punch well above its weight which knocks laudrups theory
Evolution on 21:41 - Nov 9 with 2115 viewsJackanapes

Everton supporters would be a the people to talk to. How do they cope with the mundanity of 9th or thereabouts season in season out. I guess its about learning to be grateful for what you have, not yearning for what you don't. Personally I don't go to watch Swansea because they may someday be champions of the whole world. I go because I have always gone. I go to offer my support. If we got relegated right down the leagues I would still go. For me its not about success, its just about being part of it.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Evolution on 21:43 - Nov 9 with 2108 viewsdeanscfc

Aren't Southampton one of the richest clubs in the country?

And we're only 11 games in...a lot could change for them anyway.
Evolution on 21:48 - Nov 9 with 2098 viewsmawdlamjack

we need 110% effort from all the players on the pitch, at the moment some are not performing to the best of their ability some others are lacking effort, get them all busting a gut and we will progress, too many are looking comfortable and playing with no heart or commitment, win on sunday and we go up to 9th. i think its been a mistake to over-rotate players, changing 3, or four at most would be ok,regularly swapping 7 or more is not working, our squad is not good enough for this, we need a nucleus of players playing regularly and consistently.we may then see us playing our passing game with greater pace and be more effective.further evolution will be difficult but not impossible. we need to re introduce our pressing game higher up the pitch. this season transition is non existant,and we do not press the opposition until they are in our final third. back to the basics we did so well over the past two seasons and yes, i think we can progress. an extra winger who can cross the ball and knows where the goal is should be brought in during the january window.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Evolution on 22:18 - Nov 9 with 2073 viewsDewi1jack

Evolution on 21:41 - Nov 9 by Jackanapes

Everton supporters would be a the people to talk to. How do they cope with the mundanity of 9th or thereabouts season in season out. I guess its about learning to be grateful for what you have, not yearning for what you don't. Personally I don't go to watch Swansea because they may someday be champions of the whole world. I go because I have always gone. I go to offer my support. If we got relegated right down the leagues I would still go. For me its not about success, its just about being part of it.

Excellent post.
Certainly sums it up for me.
As long as the players we have, try their hardest for the club I love, it doesn't really matter where we're playing.
And before any one says "would you rather be at Grimsby/ Carlisle/ Rochdale etc etc?"
No, I actually prefer watching us playing in the top division as I did under Tosh. But even if we did end up back in the basement, I'll still be in the same seat I am now.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Evolution on 22:22 - Nov 9 with 2062 viewsScoobyWho

Very well put.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Evolution on 22:22 - Nov 9 with 2061 views_

Well in harsh reality we slip down again from here. Maybe not this season, maybe not the next or in 2', 3, 5 years...whatever...

But one day, perhaps we will.

Then it will be the hardy souls again, the 3 or 4 thousand that did it before.

You can tell from this forum the ones that will be there and the ones that won't see the OP on the Bored thread and Dick Perchcock for two straight away....

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Evolution on 23:30 - Nov 9 with 2020 viewsKingBony

All bow to the boring Bumder whoop whoop.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Evolution on 23:38 - Nov 9 with 2012 viewsGeoffThom

Evolution on 22:22 - Nov 9 by _

Well in harsh reality we slip down again from here. Maybe not this season, maybe not the next or in 2', 3, 5 years...whatever...

You can tell from this forum the ones that will be there and the ones that won't see the OP on the Bored thread and Dick Perchcock for two straight away....

And I was there when you were a spunk bubble pal and in crowds of less than 2.000. In fact I watched reserve youth and welsh leauge so what do you know
Evolution on 00:07 - Nov 10 with 1990 viewsDull1Thomas

Best post for time on here.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Evolution on 00:12 - Nov 10 with 1983 viewsKingBony

Evolution on 00:07 - Nov 10 by Dull1Thomas

Best post for time on here.

Nonsense post ~ stand still and we disappear as quickly as we got here. Just pray the board, players and manager don't think the same way.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Evolution on 08:47 - Nov 10 with 1875 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Evolution on 22:22 - Nov 9 by _

So there's no chance of us being promoted back from the Championship then?
The way you're talking it's like we're destined to go straight back to league 2!
That's far more pessimistic than Perch ever was

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024