Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evil genius 21:10 - Dec 8 with 5000 viewsdonkonky

Few of us talking about songs/ chants in the pub earlier ......what about a revival of the best song since Vetch days ...... Jon Jo Shelvey Evil genius ........only thinking like :)
Evil genius on 21:53 - Dec 8 with 3373 viewsItchySphincter

Not fit to lace Ferrie's boots.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Evil genius on 21:57 - Dec 8 with 3350 viewsNeath_Jack

Evil genius on 21:53 - Dec 8 by ItchySphincter

Not fit to lace Ferrie's boots.

Take those rose tinted specs off.

What level did Ferrie play at? That puts that to bed. And just as back up, how many international caps did Ferrie have by the time he was 21?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2013 21:58]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Evil genius on 22:07 - Dec 8 with 3292 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Evil genius on 21:57 - Dec 8 by Neath_Jack

Take those rose tinted specs off.

What level did Ferrie play at? That puts that to bed. And just as back up, how many international caps did Ferrie have by the time he was 21?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2013 21:58]

Good points. As great as Ferrie was for us Shelvey has demonstrated the same, only at a higher level. Both totally different types of player though, but I can see the validity in nicknaming his a "Evil Genius" because he displays a similar menace as Bodde did

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Evil genius on 22:33 - Dec 8 with 3217 viewsItchySphincter

Oh shurrup Mr Serious.

'
*edit - lol, sorry Brynnie, that wasn't aimed at you. Just the inevitable pro ' JJ must be better as he's played in the Premier League' brigade.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2013 22:50]

Evil genius on 22:43 - Dec 8 with 3191 viewsC_jack

Ferrie was never fit to lace his own boots.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Evil genius on 22:44 - Dec 8 with 3187 viewsJackoBoostardo

Evil genius on 22:33 - Dec 8 by ItchySphincter

Oh shurrup Mr Serious.

'
*edit - lol, sorry Brynnie, that wasn't aimed at you. Just the inevitable pro ' JJ must be better as he's played in the Premier League' brigade.

I have to agree mate - Ferre was good but didn't get the chance to play for us in Prem, which is sad. But time to move on - JJS has potential to be a great player with us - he needs a song of his own!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Evil genius on 23:08 - Dec 8 with 3128 viewsDull1Thomas

Evil genius on 22:43 - Dec 8 by C_jack

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Evil genius on 08:57 - Dec 9 with 2969 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Haha - great post!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Login to get fewer ads

Evil genius on 10:32 - Dec 9 with 2901 viewsParlay

Haha superb.

Ferrie was great at our level, Shelvey for me though. Proved he can do it at highest domestic level.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Evil genius on 11:43 - Dec 9 with 2851 viewsNeath_Jack

Evil genius on 22:33 - Dec 8 by ItchySphincter

Oh shurrup Mr Serious.

'

Mr Serious?

Away with you ffs.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Evil genius on 15:17 - Dec 9 with 2710 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Evil genius on 10:32 - Dec 9 by Parlay

Haha superb.

Ferrie was great at our level, Shelvey for me though. Proved he can do it at highest domestic level.

Factually correct

but to suggest that Ferrie couldn't have cut it is a bit unfair on him - scoring almost a goal every other game when we stepped up to the championship and virtually MOTM nearly every game - outplaying all the other players we had who also proved they could step up to this level

Still think he's one of the best Swans players I've ever seen (admittedly 1st game was 1984)

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Evil genius on 15:24 - Dec 9 with 2690 viewsNeath_Jack

Evil genius on 15:17 - Dec 9 by PatchesOHoulihan

Factually correct

but to suggest that Ferrie couldn't have cut it is a bit unfair on him - scoring almost a goal every other game when we stepped up to the championship and virtually MOTM nearly every game - outplaying all the other players we had who also proved they could step up to this level

Still think he's one of the best Swans players I've ever seen (admittedly 1st game was 1984)

Now, i may be wrong here but i'm sure he only played about 20 championship games for us, scoring about 5 goals?

Don't think anyone here as suggested that he wouldnt have been able to cut it. He was a monster of a player for us, there's no denying that.

Evil genius on 16:55 - Dec 9 with 2591 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Evil genius on 15:24 - Dec 9 by Neath_Jack

Now, i may be wrong here but i'm sure he only played about 20 championship games for us, scoring about 5 goals?

Don't think anyone here as suggested that he wouldnt have been able to cut it. He was a monster of a player for us, there's no denying that.

I thought he scored a few - checked on wiki 7 in 17

Evil genius on 00:00 - Dec 10 with 2474 viewsItchySphincter

Evil genius on 15:17 - Dec 9 by PatchesOHoulihan

Factually correct

Ferrie at his best is one of the best players to pull on the shirt in my lifetime of watching them. Leon Britton is proof personified that just because you spend the majority of your career in the lower leagues it doesn't mean you can't excel at the top.

Evil genius on 00:06 - Dec 10 with 2467 viewsrob

I'm sorry, but how anyone can have a negative word to say against Ferrie Bodde is beyond me.

He came to this country and made a huge difference to our team. Without FB I doubt we would have won L1. Shelvey, well, he's here, he plays OK, but will no doubt pass through our history without much notice. FB on the other hand.......
Evil genius on 00:09 - Dec 10 with 2464 viewsItchySphincter

It's okay, most of our fans these days have no idea who Ferrie Bodde is.

Evil genius on 00:17 - Dec 10 with 2456 viewsrob

Bodde was just a great footballer, better to watch than any other player in the current team.
Evil genius on 00:19 - Dec 10 with 2452 viewsC_jack

Yeah but Leon Britton has proven himself at the top level because umm, he's actually played there.

Ferrie Bodde had a good 3 months in the championship, it's all ifs and buts and pure conjecture. Darren Pratley was just as good as Bodde in L1 andthe Championship, but a complete dud in the Premier League.

Evil genius on 00:20 - Dec 10 with 2449 viewsQuakerJack

Evil genius on 15:24 - Dec 9 by Neath_Jack

Ferrie's injury has martyred him, fantastic player for us but didn't have the time to have a bad spell or a chance to sink or swim at a higher level. It's like wondering what kind of president Kennedy would have made, or how fat and ugly James Dean would have got in later life.

I personally think he would have cut it like Leon has, shame we never got to find out.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Evil genius on 00:22 - Dec 10 with 2443 viewsjackharris

Evil genius on 00:17 - Dec 10 by rob

Bodde was just a great footballer, better to watch than any other player in the current team.

I'm sorry Rob but Tiendalli is awesome

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Evil genius on 00:22 - Dec 10 with 2442 viewsrob

Evil genius on 00:19 - Dec 10 by C_jack

Yeah but Leon Britton has proven himself at the top level because umm, he's actually played there.

Ferrie Bodde had a good 3 months in the championship, it's all ifs and buts and pure conjecture. Darren Pratley was just as good as Bodde in L1 andthe Championship, but a complete dud in the Premier League.

A good three months? Darren Pratley? FFS! I give up
[Post edited 10 Dec 2013 0:22]
Evil genius on 00:23 - Dec 10 with 2436 viewsParlay

Plenty of players play well in the championship and cant cut it in the prem, see scott sinclair.

Ferrie was very good at championship level, whether he could go higher will always be a question rather than a certainty.

I dont get clouded by romanticism.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Evil genius on 00:24 - Dec 10 with 2435 viewsC_jack

Evil genius on 00:22 - Dec 10 by rob

How do you count August to November then? I believe it was November 20th, just before half time against Birmingham, we were 2-1 up as well.

Evil genius on 00:24 - Dec 10 with 2434 viewsItchySphincter

Evil genius on 00:20 - Dec 10 by QuakerJack

Ferrie's injury has martyred him, fantastic player for us but didn't have the time to have a bad spell or a chance to sink or swim at a higher level. It's like wondering what kind of president Kennedy would have made, or how fat and ugly James Dean would have got in later life.

I personally think he would have cut it like Leon has, shame we never got to find out.

Well that's bull, Ferrie's injury broke hearts. If anything his extended contracts whilst injured soured his relationship with fans, never martyred.

Evil genius on 00:25 - Dec 10 with 2429 viewsItchySphincter

Evil genius on 00:22 - Dec 10 by rob

Innit. Clueless.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024