Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why don't we play Donnelly? 16:11 - Dec 29 with 2973 viewsS0LID

He's a good player, and this would be the perfect time to give him some experience. I get the feeling that Vazquez is another bum deal. Laudrup needs to make some bold moves!
Why don't we play Donnelly? on 19:53 - Dec 29 with 731 viewsPhil_S

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 19:13 - Dec 29 by Dull1Thomas

Having seen him play it wouldn't do the lad a any good to expose him to the premier league. Have those quoting his goals at Under 21 level seen him play? And what his goals were like?
A loan might not be so perfect and who to? Goal scorers are expected to perform from the off and if they don't the loan becomes a confidence killer

And thus why I would never throw him into Premier League action

Our fans are more than capable of writing off a goalscorer within an hour of action
Why don't we play Donnelly? on 20:47 - Dec 29 with 688 viewsGrandPrix

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 19:53 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

Our fans are more than capable of writing off a goalscorer within an hour of action

When is the right time to 'expose players' Rooney, Davies etc have thrived at a young age, others wont....if your going to make it big time you need the opportunity, I bet he along with hundreds of others are champing at the bit to have a go, I bet they are sick of being 'nurtured until they are ready'.
Like a new car, some will fly and go forever, others have a breakdown and have to be recovered and fixed.

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 20:49 - Dec 29 with 679 viewsPhil_S

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 20:47 - Dec 29 by GrandPrix

When is the right time to 'expose players' Rooney, Davies etc have thrived at a young age, others wont....if your going to make it big time you need the opportunity, I bet he along with hundreds of others are champing at the bit to have a go, I bet they are sick of being 'nurtured until they are ready'.
Like a new car, some will fly and go forever, others have a breakdown and have to be recovered and fixed.

And others have looked out of their depth

From the limited amount I have seen of Donnelly he is along way off being ready for Premier League action

Let alone giving him Premier League action when he will be written off by many within half hour of his first appearance
Why don't we play Donnelly? on 20:53 - Dec 29 with 671 viewsswancity

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 20:47 - Dec 29 by GrandPrix

Very true but age is irrelevant. It's ability and if a player isn't quite ready it can do more harm than good.

Rooney was a star at 16. Davies had shown his quality on tour in America before he played in the league so his success was not entirely surprising.

You wouldn't expect a ford fiesta to do well in the formula one racing would you. But a modified Porsche might have a chance.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 21:02 - Dec 29 with 661 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Donnelly should be going out on loan to get first-team competitive games on a regular basis. If he's not going to get game time here, it's vital the club and his agent are on the ball to get him a loan in Jan. I'm not too fussed as to what club - as long as League 2 or above.

Saying that, I genuinely can't see much difference between him and Alvaro. They're both quite similar players in terms of style, and to be honest, I think Rory would be as effective as Alvaro in our team right now, and at least he's our player we'd be developing.

I appreciate the view that a poor game would have the fans on his back and ruin his confidence, but I think the fans are ripe for a young lad of our own to come on and try his arm after the horrors of Shechter and the less than impressive Alvaro; I think he'd get more slack from the fans than is assumed on here. I wouldn't advocate starting him in league games, but I'd have him on the bench and use him where possible, especially in the FA Cup game coming up, even though the preferred course of action would be to get Rory a loan move and sign another senior striker.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 21:20]

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 21:17 - Dec 29 with 630 viewsKilkennyjack

Phil is correct

Beware of the Risen People

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 21:24 - Dec 29 with 622 viewstomdickharry

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 19:53 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

Your dead right Phil,from Swans -21 to Old Trafford mind boggling.
Why don't we play Donnelly? on 21:41 - Dec 29 with 603 viewsskippyjack

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 21:24 - Dec 29 by tomdickharry

Your dead right Phil,from Swans -21 to Old Trafford mind boggling.

TDH said don't do it.. you know what that means

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Login to get fewer ads

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 21:46 - Dec 29 with 597 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I suppose Laudrup feels obliged to play him over Donnelly seeing as he paid £1,000,000 to have him for a sole season. That's nearly half of a directors divident we paid for this well below par Spaniard.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Why don't we play Donnelly? on 22:02 - Dec 29 with 580 viewstomdickharry

The one big question that remains on the table is why we didn't sign Borini on loan,that's one for the Supporters Director.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024