Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's with all the Laudrup bashing? 14:15 - Dec 30 with 1884 viewsDull1Thomas

ML took us to the best season we've ever had (no comparison with 6th in old Division 1) and brought us a senior cup (the only one in our history) after coming in late in the summer.
This season he has taken to the best ever European performance and we lie 11th in the Premier League (usually) playing good football. He is managing this on little money and with a small squad currently overcoming (for us) serious injury situations.
He is I hope immune from fansites such as this.
He is our manager and will be until the end of the season.
OK, so not everyone likes his style or agrees with all his team selections but the same went for Rogers, Sousa and Martinez but each improved our club year on year, ML included. At some point we will hit a ceiling or start dropping back ... then what? Change the manager every few weeks?
Are we a club that has become blasé about our status or doesn't know what it is like to have a manager for more than two years?

There are posts on here pointing out Cardiff ingratitude towards Tan / Manky (depending on point of view) maybe some should consider their ingratitude towards our own management team first.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 21:37 - Dec 30 with 1656 viewsTokijo

Nice one
What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:28 - Dec 30 with 1598 viewsSwanseajill

It's just words on a message board, and repeating whatever is overheard in the pub while having a pint.

If the past is anything to go by, when there is a crisis, we stick together like glue. So I wouldn't worry too much about what is written on here, and you'll notice some stirring from those up in the East creeping in a posting... to wind us up on occasion.

I've noticed little of what you call ingratitude personally, and as long as we are paying our way to watch our team with fans filling the stadium regularly, I believe...that is the way we show our gratitude.
What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:33 - Dec 30 with 1573 viewsJokeren1943

Think people are looking for consistency. With players playing togehter for now 70-80 matchs (with Laudrup as manager) an higher degree of consistency should be expected.

Just winning simplely 2 matchs en a row in the Premier League, Swansea have not done, for.. a year or so.

Our performance on Liberty (home) are very bad.

Our track record against big teams are insanely poor.

When said being in 11 th place, with the amount of money Swansea have spent on players is insanely good. Midtable position (10-12) and a win against Napoli for this season, it would be fine for me.

But please more consistency.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2013 22:35]
What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:34 - Dec 30 with 1567 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:28 - Dec 30 by Swanseajill

It's just words on a message board, and repeating whatever is overheard in the pub while having a pint.

If the past is anything to go by, when there is a crisis, we stick together like glue. So I wouldn't worry too much about what is written on here, and you'll notice some stirring from those up in the East creeping in a posting... to wind us up on occasion.

I've noticed little of what you call ingratitude personally, and as long as we are paying our way to watch our team with fans filling the stadium regularly, I believe...that is the way we show our gratitude.

But we aren't filling the stadium regularly this season. There's constantly empty seats dotted around the stadium for the less glamorous games, something I believe is due to the high matchday ticket costs.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:34 - Dec 30 with 1564 viewsUxbridge

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:28 - Dec 30 by Swanseajill

Innit ... football fans in being moaning, whinging gets who overreact way too much to a series of unfortunate events. Twas ever thus.

PS Merry Christmas from us. Hope you had a good'un.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:43 - Dec 30 with 1544 viewsSwanseajill

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:34 - Dec 30 by Uxbridge

Innit ... football fans in being moaning, whinging gets who overreact way too much to a series of unfortunate events. Twas ever thus.

PS Merry Christmas from us. Hope you had a good'un.

Just about got through it Ux.

It's a children time innit. So I hope your pockets were deep enough?

I don't know why people moan so much, we are not Bluebirds being plucked are we?
What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:47 - Dec 30 with 1523 viewsgykes

I think changes obviously need to be applied, but ML is an outstanding manager, look what he's achieved with us. People need to get a grip and focus more on following the Swans and enjoying the beautiful game.

Building it up in black and white since 1996!

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:50 - Dec 30 with 1509 viewsSwanseajill

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:47 - Dec 30 by gykes

I think changes obviously need to be applied, but ML is an outstanding manager, look what he's achieved with us. People need to get a grip and focus more on following the Swans and enjoying the beautiful game.

I'll second that.
Login to get fewer ads

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:59 - Dec 30 with 1485 viewsUxbridge

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:43 - Dec 30 by Swanseajill

Just about got through it Ux.

It's a children time innit. So I hope your pockets were deep enough?

I don't know why people moan so much, we are not Bluebirds being plucked are we?

We're going to have a very quiet January! Luckily they'll have enough to keep them busy til 2015!

People like to moan. To be honest I find the lack of things to seriously be concerned about quite boring!

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 23:38 - Dec 30 with 1419 viewswaynekerr55

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 22:33 - Dec 30 by Jokeren1943

Think people are looking for consistency. With players playing togehter for now 70-80 matchs (with Laudrup as manager) an higher degree of consistency should be expected.

Just winning simplely 2 matchs en a row in the Premier League, Swansea have not done, for.. a year or so.

Our performance on Liberty (home) are very bad.

Our track record against big teams are insanely poor.

When said being in 11 th place, with the amount of money Swansea have spent on players is insanely good. Midtable position (10-12) and a win against Napoli for this season, it would be fine for me.

But please more consistency.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2013 22:35]

seconded

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 00:20 - Dec 31 with 1378 viewslonglostjack

What's with all the Laudrup bashing ? Excellent question.
The man signed Michu last year for peanuts. We won the first major trophy in the club's history which took us into the Europa League where we've got to the last 32 with a mouthwatering tie against Naples. We're still mid-table despite losing the services of the said Michu. What the hell do some people expect? Makes me cringe when we should be celebrating the best period in our history. Rant over.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 11:30 - Dec 31 with 1181 viewsgevans

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 00:20 - Dec 31 by longlostjack

The man signed Michu last year for peanuts. We won the first major trophy in the club's history which took us into the Europa League where we've got to the last 32 with a mouthwatering tie against Naples. We're still mid-table despite losing the services of the said Michu. What the hell do some people expect? Makes me cringe when we should be celebrating the best period in our history. Rant over.

Well said
What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 11:43 - Dec 31 with 1170 viewsRancid

Are we a better side this season than we were last? Bearing in mind we've spent 20m plus.

I like Laudrup but when the team looks and plays below par then the buck stops with the manager.It's how it works.

I'd still like him here next season but only if we start performing like we know we can in the 2nd half of the season.If we struggle then I wouldn't be too concerned if he left.He may do anyway.
What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 12:18 - Dec 31 with 1119 viewsmikecph

I think it's because ML is a cat and not a dog. Dogs are jovial beings who will do anything for a treat including blowing smoke up your *rse - this is all nice and good until someone comes along with a bigger treat - then they are off without so much as a goodbye. Cats on the other hand will live in your house but you will never feel like you completely own them. Cats however will never pretend to be something they are not.

Now Swansea I guess have had both kinds of managers. Fans tend to take more to dogs than cats. I guess faced with ML "I'm not going to promise you that I'll be here next season"-attitude a lot of fans would rather have smoke blown up their *rse.

That's the only reason I can see why someone would bash a manager who in such a short time has achieved so much with Swansea :)
What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 14:09 - Dec 31 with 1046 viewscontroversial_jack

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 23:38 - Dec 30 by waynekerr55

seconded

concurred with
What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 14:23 - Dec 31 with 1036 viewsWarwickHunt

What's with all the Laudrup bashing? on 00:20 - Dec 31 by longlostjack

He doesn't look like he's being attacked by a swarm of angry wasps on the touchline.

That helps win matches in the best league in the world. Apparently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024