Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. 16:53 - Jan 15 with 3040 viewsNOTRAC

I can,t really see much wrong with Hull City being called Hull Tigers.It wouldn't worry me for example if we changed our name to Swansea Jacks.
Colour change a different matter,but name change like that would brighten up the league.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 16:58 - Jan 15 with 2107 viewsDarran

I agree.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 17:09 - Jan 15 with 2085 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It would be another step closer to becoming like the American sports teams. I quite like the traditional names most clubs in the English leagues have. Allowing name changes will just open the door to other, more drastic types of changes.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 17:17 - Jan 15 with 2067 viewslonglostjack

I think it's a bit childish

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 17:18 - Jan 15 with 2061 viewsNOTRAC

Whether we like it or not,time moves on.It seems that it is an important change in promoting Premiership teams on a global basis.Our own historic links with Jacks go back far further than when our name changed to City.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 17:43 - Jan 15 with 2021 viewsEdmundo

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 17:17 - Jan 15 by longlostjack

I think it's a bit childish

Well, what next?

Someone has to change the direction this is going, otherwise football as a spectator is going to unrecognisable in a few years!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 20:32 - Jan 15 with 1915 viewsC_jack

I don't get the stink about it, it's not like he's going to rename them Hull Dragons and change their colour.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 20:40 - Jan 15 with 1901 viewsjacksinceever

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 17:18 - Jan 15 by NOTRAC

Whether we like it or not,time moves on.It seems that it is an important change in promoting Premiership teams on a global basis.Our own historic links with Jacks go back far further than when our name changed to City.

Only reason we changed our name to City was ... er.... because we became a city following Prince Charles' Investiture.
Has Hull become a City of Tigers? No!
Not a good comparison
Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 21:01 - Jan 15 with 1870 viewsGowerjack

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 16:58 - Jan 15 by Darran

I agree.

Have to disagree

The club I support is called Swansea City.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 21:07 - Jan 15 with 1853 viewsrazorjack

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 21:01 - Jan 15 by Gowerjack

Have to disagree

I think Liberty Jacks sounds good.It's catchy.

Forgive your enemies,but never forget their names.

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 22:24 - Jan 15 with 1788 viewsLiberty

Liberty jacks - can f right off. R u serious, swans bluebirds next.

Its a slippery slope- sell ur soul at ur peril.

We are, what we are i - if u dont like it, support someone else.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 22:28 - Jan 15 with 1780 viewsrazorjack

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 22:24 - Jan 15 by Liberty

Liberty jacks - can f right off. R u serious, swans bluebirds next.

Its a slippery slope- sell ur soul at ur peril.

We are, what we are i - if u dont like it, support someone else.

Says someone called Liberty

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 22:32 - Jan 15 with 1774 viewsC_jack

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 21:07 - Jan 15 by razorjack

The builders will be chuffed.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 22:32 - Jan 15 with 1775 viewsmorningstar

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 21:01 - Jan 15 by Gowerjack

Have to disagree

And the club nickname is The Swans isn't it. Or would you prefer to us be known as The Jacks?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 23:14 - Jan 15 with 1742 viewsLiberty

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 22:28 - Jan 15 by razorjack

Says someone called Liberty

R u thick? Seriously. Because my name on an internet firum is liberty, where is the link to me wanting to change the name of our team to liberty jacks ?

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 23:27 - Jan 15 with 1729 viewsWarwickHunt

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 21:07 - Jan 15 by razorjack

Landore Lions.

Ossum, dude.
Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 00:01 - Jan 16 with 1698 viewsGlyn1

There are a lot of rugby league teams around that part of the UK with similar names. About the only one that hasn't changed is Hull Kingston Rovers. Do the rugby league fans object to that?

For example, Bradford Bulls, Castleford Tigers, Catalan Dragons, Huddersfield Giants, Leeds Rhinos, London Broncos, Salford Red Devils, Wakefield Wildcats, Warrington Wolves, Widnes Vikings, Wigan Warriors .

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 03:33 - Jan 16 with 1648 viewsCatullus

After everything said about Cardiff, people supporting a name change that isn't even a current possibility!!

No from me. Come the day our board sell up we will undoubtedly have this on the agenda, and it won't be all we''ll have to think about. But allow that and it opens Pandoras box.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 06:41 - Jan 16 with 1614 views_Kieran

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 00:01 - Jan 16 by Glyn1

There are a lot of rugby league teams around that part of the UK with similar names. About the only one that hasn't changed is Hull Kingston Rovers. Do the rugby league fans object to that?

For example, Bradford Bulls, Castleford Tigers, Catalan Dragons, Huddersfield Giants, Leeds Rhinos, London Broncos, Salford Red Devils, Wakefield Wildcats, Warrington Wolves, Widnes Vikings, Wigan Warriors .

Rugby League has fans? xD ... (Same with Hull 'FC)

Over my dead body would we be renamed but if I had to choose with a gun pointed at my head it would be the SWANS not the JACKS.

Jacks are people from Swansea or arounds but anyone can be a Swan see! The players themselves have always been referred to as the Swans as far as I can remember with the Jacks cheering them on from the stands.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 07:51 - Jan 16 with 1583 viewsrazorjack

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 23:14 - Jan 15 by Liberty

R u thick? Seriously. Because my name on an internet firum is liberty, where is the link to me wanting to change the name of our team to liberty jacks ?

You've hurt me calling me thick.You wait till I tell my grandmother

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 08:34 - Jan 16 with 1549 viewsGowerjack

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 22:32 - Jan 15 by morningstar

And the club nickname is The Swans isn't it. Or would you prefer to us be known as The Jacks?

Jacks refers to Swansea fans, the team nickname has always been The Swans.

Am I alone in remembering a time when the word Jacks was not really associated with the club?

As far as I can remember it started to come into common parlence after Cardiff started calling us Jack Bastards.

I have no recollection of us being Jacks in the 70's or early 80's.

Do any other older posters agree?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 08:42 - Jan 16 with 1528 viewsrazorjack

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 08:34 - Jan 16 by Gowerjack

Jacks refers to Swansea fans, the team nickname has always been The Swans.

Am I alone in remembering a time when the word Jacks was not really associated with the club?

As far as I can remember it started to come into common parlence after Cardiff started calling us Jack Bastards.

I have no recollection of us being Jacks in the 70's or early 80's.

Do any other older posters agree?

Yes I agree.We were The Swans never The Jacks.Although the Turks have always called us Jacks.

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 09:05 - Jan 16 with 1500 viewsjacksinceever

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 08:42 - Jan 16 by razorjack

Yes I agree.We were The Swans never The Jacks.Although the Turks have always called us Jacks.

First time I really remember us becoming known as Jacks & Jack Army was in the season we played Northampton at Wembley.
Hyped up by the SWEP, who gave out Jack Army signs to display in our cars & buses.
As a supporter of many years, never aware of us being called Jack Army or the "who are we, Etc" song being sung before that.
Wasn't really aware of Swansea Jack (the legend) until late '70s
Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 13:14 - Jan 16 with 1410 viewsdan_swansea

This has to be a joke surely. We are Swansea City and we play in white. End of

Poll: Safe standing; what's your thoughts?

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 13:25 - Jan 16 with 1401 viewsmikl0s

Once teams loose their city/area identity it's the slippery slope to franchised sports like in US. Has happened almost every where in every sport that has adopted that kind of naming scheme.

I hate it - because what has happened also in many places is that big corporations are now team owners so you are supporting company brands and not your local team.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2014 13:26]

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

Tigers V Jacks...I'd rather like that. on 13:42 - Jan 16 with 1384 viewsOdgaard

Manchester Devils,
Cardiff Dragons,
Hull Tigers,
Newcastle Brewers
Chelsea Lions

Its just sound stupid.. Its not NFL, NBA or NHL. its Football..(and Not soccer)

Tired of things have to change to something smarter because there is an oppertunity to sell more shirts or something..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024