Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This would sum our board up if we signed him. 10:35 - Jan 6 with 6000 viewsmagicdaps10

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-eyeing-loan-move-20

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 10:43 - Jan 6 with 3933 viewsAngelRangelQS

Well with no goals in senior football ever he'd certainly be in keeping with the usual standard
This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 10:44 - Jan 6 with 3930 viewsJACKARSE

Yep ..... cheap cheap option .... played bugger all time anywhere
McBurnie also an U21 Scot International played a lot more game time
If this happens then they have seriously lost the plot .... I'd rather have someone like Odemwingie on loan than this and that would really be stretching it .....
This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 10:47 - Jan 6 with 3894 viewsmagicdaps10

I understand there is a lot of paper talk going on but i ask myself, can i see this one happening?!?
My answer to that, knowing our board then yes.

Imagine it, Gomis and Shelvey gone for a combined 15M+ and this guy coming in..............!

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 10:56 - Jan 6 with 3811 viewsJackanapes

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:00 - Jan 6 with 3759 viewsJACKARSE

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 10:56 - Jan 6 by Jackanapes

.... too many 'ifs' for me and not enough 'buts' ...
This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:04 - Jan 6 with 3712 viewsraynor94

This thread sums up our message board.....

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:10 - Jan 6 with 3664 viewsAngelRangelQS

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:04 - Jan 6 by raynor94

This thread sums up our message board.....

How so?
This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:17 - Jan 6 with 3633 viewsraynor94

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:10 - Jan 6 by AngelRangelQS

How so?

The overreaction to a piece from a rag like the mirror, I also don't think Curt should be lumbered, but the putting down of the board on here of late has been distasteful to put it mildly

Login to get fewer ads

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:23 - Jan 6 with 3585 viewsmagicdaps10

Ridiculing it as nonsense is the same as lauding it as potential truth......................being narrow minded is a big problem in todays society.

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:26 - Jan 6 with 3559 viewsperchrockjack

Positive raynor?

In the context of what they appear to be doing ,or not, are you truly positive.

Are you happy with the way in which we have handled Monk s sacking.?

Are you happy to see a Swansea stalwart basically being used as a sap to offer a cheap solution.

People, like me, are concerned that we might be throwing away the opportunity of a lifetime after dragging ourselves to the top. We state as much on line. We don't affect the club/team.

For a small town family club ,our board appear to be utterly disinterested in the feelings of their fellow fans . Swansea is a small place and they must be aware of the discontent.

"Supporting" a club means asking questions and not putting up with crap and we are being given crap right now.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:26 - Jan 6 with 3561 viewsAngelRangelQS

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:17 - Jan 6 by raynor94

The overreaction to a piece from a rag like the mirror, I also don't think Curt should be lumbered, but the putting down of the board on here of late has been distasteful to put it mildly

I don't think there's any over reaction.

Just saying this sort of signing would sum us up. I personally think it would entirely.
This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:35 - Jan 6 with 3497 viewsperchrockjack

In fact ,I d say the reaction should be greater and more intense.

If we were a big time big bollux charlie club, this would be permanent on talksport

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:41 - Jan 6 with 3463 viewsmagicdaps10

The trouble is

You have people moaning that some are to hard on matters regarding the club

AND THEN

You get others saying that certain people wont have anything bad said about the club.

You get these two groups then arguing that one is right and the other is wrong when in reality they are both as right and wrong as the other, these people are just to dull to understand that it is a personal opinion and an opinion is not a fact.

:-)

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:49 - Jan 6 with 3425 viewsraynor94

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:26 - Jan 6 by perchrockjack

Positive raynor?

Are you happy to see a Swansea stalwart basically being used as a sap to offer a cheap solution.

People, like me, are concerned that we might be throwing away the opportunity of a lifetime after dragging ourselves to the top. We state as much on line. We don't affect the club/team.

For a small town family club ,our board appear to be utterly disinterested in the feelings of their fellow fans . Swansea is a small place and they must be aware of the discontent.

"Supporting" a club means asking questions and not putting up with crap and we are being given crap right now.

I said in my post I'm unhappy with the Curt situation, something obviously went wrong on Monks successor, whose fault I don't know, but I still have faith they are doing their best by the club, and of course nobody wants relegation

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:53 - Jan 6 with 3399 viewsGriffting

I think as a second striker sort of signing this would fit our previous dealings.
Since being in the prem tho, we've always had a decent main striker that was fully committed (until September onwards), when one would go another would come in and usually do well. I think bafe will leave in this window and would like to give the board the benefit of the doubt until the window closes that they will carry this trend on.
This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:53 - Jan 6 with 3395 viewsperchrockjack

Fair reply.

I just hope their best in enough and your faith is rewarded

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 12:20 - Jan 6 with 3280 viewsJack_Kass

I can't imagine the East stand chanting for Islam

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 12:21 - Jan 6 with 3274 viewssnork44

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:53 - Jan 6 by perchrockjack

Fair reply.

I just hope their best in enough and your faith is rewarded

People seem to forget we had a certain Fabio Borini with no Premier League experience and we were all creaming over him daily when he was on loan here. Now we have a similar situation with a Chelski reserve being mentioned and he now isn't good enough for us! This for sums us up, that we have become so Billy Big Bollox fans that we are turning into the supporters that we hate so much !

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 12:29 - Jan 6 with 3188 viewsQuakerJack

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 12:21 - Jan 6 by snork44

People seem to forget we had a certain Fabio Borini with no Premier League experience and we were all creaming over him daily when he was on loan here. Now we have a similar situation with a Chelski reserve being mentioned and he now isn't good enough for us! This for sums us up, that we have become so Billy Big Bollox fans that we are turning into the supporters that we hate so much !

Borini was brought in to add something to our team, in a division below.

We're talking about bringing in this feller because we need him to score goals to help us survive in the Premier League. Any striker is a gamble, but an unproven 20 year old is far more of a gamble than someone with a proven ability to score goals at this, or even a slightly lesser level, whether that's championship, or a league in Europe that is slightly below the standard of the premier league.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 12:44 - Jan 6 with 3089 viewsmonmouth

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 12:29 - Jan 6 by QuakerJack

Borini was brought in to add something to our team, in a division below.

We're talking about bringing in this feller because we need him to score goals to help us survive in the Premier League. Any striker is a gamble, but an unproven 20 year old is far more of a gamble than someone with a proven ability to score goals at this, or even a slightly lesser level, whether that's championship, or a league in Europe that is slightly below the standard of the premier league.

Exactly as was said about a certain young Romelu Lukaku?

That's tongue in cheek considering he's been larking about in parks football with Hibs playing the likes of QoS and Nurangers.

Anway, it would be a big risk, but at least you'd think he'd want to prove himself unlike the tub of goose fat we have up front now who only wants the money. We also have a £5m striker who I presume we are hoping will play a part (yes, I know...but my point is that coughing up cash for an 'international' striker is not necessarily a good way to go)

He sounds like a bit of a knob with the porsche driving while banned stuff too, but if nothing else it'd be worth it to hear the numerous DGTs shouting 'Yeeeesssssss, Islam!' if he scored. (edit: see jackkass beat me to it)
[Post edited 6 Jan 2016 13:13]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 12:56 - Jan 6 with 3025 viewsWarwickHunt

Borini played for us in the Championship, not the Premier League.

Not that similar really...
This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 13:24 - Jan 6 with 2906 viewsEdmundo

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:17 - Jan 6 by raynor94

If all the 'changes' that the mirror has suggested had come to fruition, we'd have a squad of hundreds.....😂

Just ignore the 'rag' and chuck in copies you have into the bin, where it deserves to be 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 13:26 - Jan 6 with 2892 viewslovejuicejack

Is it Billy big bollox to want our club to stay up, to have a striker who can score goals and win games so we are excited and happy, it's not too much to ask is it ffs
This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 13:38 - Jan 6 with 2830 viewsswan65split

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 10:56 - Jan 6 by Jackanapes

The bit.............if you can make one heap of all your winnings
and risk it all on one turn of pitch and toss
and lose, and start again at your beginnings
is a bit too much for me, 50 odd years of supporting the Swans ,35 or so watching crap, and taking nearly 30 yrs to reach the Top league again . somehow if we get the big drop I wont be around to see it happen again.
This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 13:49 - Jan 6 with 2756 viewscaerleon_jack

This would sum our board up if we signed him. on 11:26 - Jan 6 by perchrockjack

Positive raynor?

"Are you happy with the way in which we have handled Monk s sacking.?"

Yes. He had been given enough time to turn things around and, for whatever reason, couldn't. The huge improvement in performance, if not results, since Curt took over shows that.

"Are you happy to see a Swansea stalwart basically being used as a sap to offer a cheap solution."

No. But that is your presumption that the board are unable to replace Monk because they are being 'cheap' and that Curt is being 'used'. Curt was asked to take over first team affairs until a replacement could be found. It was anticipated that the club would be able to hire someone before the Christmas period. For reasons that we are not aware of, we have not been able to find the right person to take the club forward. Does Curt want the job until the end of the season? Probably not. Is he being 'used'? No.

"we might be throwing away the opportunity of a lifetime after dragging ourselves to the top"

Do you honestly believe that after getting the club to the Premier League the board are not doing all they can to try and maintain that status? Nonsense. Monk was sacked because the club was heading towards a relegation fight. If the board were happy to "throw away the opportunity" then surely they wouldn't have sacked Monk?

"For a small town family club ,our board appear to be utterly disinterested in the feelings of their fellow fans . Swansea is a small place and they must be aware of the discontent."

I'm sure they are aware of the discontent. I'm sure they're pretty discontented too. What do you want them to do? Do you want Jenkins to publish his diary on a daily basis, and announce everything he is doing? Get a grip on reality. How are the board utterly disinterested in the feelings of their fellow fans? What can they do to make you happy Perchie? If they can't find someone who wants to be our manager, that we want to be our manager, should they just hire any old muppet? Just so that Curt isn't 'used' any longer? The transfer window has been open almost a week. Should we by now have signed three strikers who are going to score twenty goals each whilst simultaneously selling Gomis and Jonjo for massive profit?

I really do not understand why so many of our 'fans' have taken the idea that Monk's sacking and the subsequent failure to find a new manager is some sort of nefarious plan of Jenkins and co, that they are sat around the boardroom at the Liberty laughing at how their plan to drag us back down the leagues and into obscurity is working brilliantly. Jenkins and the board are doing everything they can to secure the future of the club. They are doing everything possible to make sure that they hire the best manager they can for the future of the club, both financially and in our status as a Premier League club. To believe otherwise is moronic.

Finally, Perchie, your last line...

""Supporting" a club means asking questions and not putting up with crap and we are being given crap right now. "

Sometimes, supporting a club does mean putting up with crap. We put up with crap for all the years we knocked about in Division 4/Division 3/League Two. We still supported the club then. Or at least, some of us did. The club are going through a difficult period whereby our previous manager could not organise/inspire/control our squad to the necessary standard to keep us in the league. It wasn't just bad luck in games, in the end it was some of the most inept performances we've ever seen with what should be one of the strongest teams we've ever had. We don't know the real reason and we may never know. To give us any chance of survival the board took the decision to remove Monk and his backroom staff. Should he have been given more time? No. In that situation the idea that we can automatically appoint someone in his place is nonsense. But I would imagine that Huw had had positive contact with someone associated with Biesla for him to fly out to South America. For whatever reason he wasn't appointed. If you don't want to believe that that wasn't for the best of the club, then fine. But if he was asking for assurances or finances that Huw couldn't provide, then surely it was for the best of the club? So many of the names mentioned have said that they want to wait until the summer before making any decision on their future, so there are 5 or 6 candidates that, as it stands, are no use to Huw or the club. But what would you have us do? Rush in to appointing someone who doesn't fit the club? Redknapp is out of work, should we get him? What about Warnock? Hmm? Peter Reid isn't doing anything these days, he did wonders with um....oh if only we'd moved sooner and got in Big Sam.

Do I like the fact that we have no manager? No
Do I believe that Huw and the board are sitting on their hands doing nothing? No.

GET. A. GRIP.

Insert something witty here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024