Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mobile phone new purchase - advice required 13:38 - Sep 27 with 6671 viewsPegojack

My last phone was manufactured in the Stone Age and it's time to buy a new one. I've kind of narrowed it down to a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I'm going to carry on with my Sim only deal from Vodafone, so I'm just looking to buy the new handset.

My colleague in work has bought 'new' handsets on Ebay and she's recommending I do the same. I'm talking about stuff from private sellers and various weird and wonderful shops and businesses that sell on Ebay, rather than licensed Samsung dealers. The phone I want is going for around £325 this way, compared to around £500 from a proper outlet.

What does the panel think? Any pitfalls I should be aware of, other than the obvious 'don't deal with scammers, rip off merchants and anyone from Liverpool'?
Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 13:41 - Sep 27 with 6663 viewssquarebear

Presumably these eBay phones have warranties? That'd be my chief concern.
Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 13:42 - Sep 27 with 6657 viewsswanjackal

What are you using it for? If occasional why not just go with a £50 one from asda etc. that do all the basics well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 13:47 - Sep 27 with 6652 viewsPegojack

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 13:41 - Sep 27 by squarebear

Presumably these eBay phones have warranties? That'd be my chief concern.

Not really, that's why they are £200 cheaper, you're taking a chance, although the businesses usually offer a 'return within x days for full refund if not satisfied'.
Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 14:48 - Sep 27 with 6610 viewsNeathJack

Moto G5.

Only £150 and with more bang for your buck than you can shake a stick at.
Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 15:36 - Sep 27 with 6577 viewstheloneranger

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 14:48 - Sep 27 by NeathJack

Moto G5.

Moto G4 Plus, another beauty and has a better camera than the G5

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 16:47 - Sep 27 with 6547 viewsbuilthjack

Nokia 3310

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 17:16 - Sep 27 with 6525 viewsTheFranchise

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 14:48 - Sep 27 by NeathJack

Moto G5.

I have a G5 Plus. it's fantastic.
Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 20:09 - Sep 27 with 6440 viewsThursday

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 17:16 - Sep 27 by TheFranchise

I have a G5 Plus. it's fantastic.

Same here. Only complaint is no nfc on mine. I'd get the higher ram version, though, as my usage is always above 2gb so don't know how laggy the base model is. Better camera on the g5 plus over the g5--better than the g4.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2017 20:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 22:33 - Sep 27 with 6361 viewsBrynmill_Jack

As an aside, does anyone know where I can get my HTC M8 battery changed in Swansea?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 23:58 - Sep 27 with 6318 viewsJack123

Whatever you buy make sure it has a good memory, my phone is only about 200 quids worth! Samsung! Had it for a while now, but completely fcking ruined by constant update! update! update! Every fcking day, I have taken off so many good apps that i enjoyed..Just to keep the
phone running smooth.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 0:04]

libera nos a malo

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 19:56 - Sep 28 with 6196 viewsdameedna

Samsung s6 is a good buy on ebay.
Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 09:27 - Sep 29 with 6091 viewsSoberBaker

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 22:33 - Sep 27 by Brynmill_Jack

As an aside, does anyone know where I can get my HTC M8 battery changed in Swansea?

I wouldn't bother. The replacement battery won't be genuine and will be as bad as the dodgy one you have now.

Use your cash to up grade to an M9. They're cheap enough.

AMOW

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 17:31 - Sep 29 with 6037 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mobile phone new purchase - advice required on 09:27 - Sep 29 by SoberBaker

I wouldn't bother. The replacement battery won't be genuine and will be as bad as the dodgy one you have now.

Use your cash to up grade to an M9. They're cheap enough.

Too late! Thanks for sorting my kid out last weekend mate

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024