Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BITD 19:59 - May 12 with 3854 viewslondontaffia

I was told that years ago Swansea fans used to go and watch Cardiff when we were playing away, so with us going down to the championship, is it time to bite the bullet and go and support the Capital’s team every other week? Im not sure my caravan is going to survive a journey to Stoke on a cold wet Tuesday night.......
[Post edited 12 May 2018 20:03]

Poll: How loyal are you really?

BITD on 20:01 - May 12 with 2084 viewsGeoffThom

Ooh fishing for a bite ? What’s the matter afraid you won’t fill legoland😂😂😂😂😂
BITD on 20:02 - May 12 with 2069 viewsChief

Worried about filling your stadium for the Prem then?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

BITD on 20:05 - May 12 with 2044 viewslondontaffia

I’m a dyed in the wool jack mate, do you want to see my union jack?

BITD on 20:08 - May 12 with 2021 viewsGeoffThom

BITD on 20:05 - May 12 by londontaffia

I’m a dyed in the wool jack mate, do you want to see my union jack?

You feck that up with the taffia bit Sonny now jog off and prepare for impending doom there’s a good lad
[Post edited 12 May 2018 20:09]
BITD on 20:23 - May 12 with 1958 viewsDJack

Not the brightest are you!

(Many) Years ago Swans fans would watch Cardiff when the Swans were away AND C*diff fans would watch the Swans when the vermin played away. I don't get it myself (it was before my time) but there you go.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

BITD on 20:32 - May 12 with 1915 viewsGeoffThom

BITD on 20:23 - May 12 by DJack

Not the brightest are you!

(Many) Years ago Swans fans would watch Cardiff when the Swans were away AND C*diff fans would watch the Swans when the vermin played away. I don't get it myself (it was before my time) but there you go.

I’m probably a lot older than you sunshine and trust me I’ve followed since 1970 and I know guys older than that and locally it didn’t happen .
But I can tell you two true stories one of a really old guy I met years ago from Merthyr who told of valley folk that used to hop on the train to Swansea one week and Cardiff the next but that was when the railways ran to Swansea from the valleys so you work out how long ago that was .
Also talked to a guy years ago who was at Cardiff’s biggest ever attendance agains the spurs double winning side who did say half of Swansea went up to see spurs with jones and Medwin ,so as for being a bit dim you win that one pal
BITD on 20:43 - May 12 with 1871 viewsDJack

BITD on 20:32 - May 12 by GeoffThom

I’m probably a lot older than you sunshine and trust me I’ve followed since 1970 and I know guys older than that and locally it didn’t happen .
But I can tell you two true stories one of a really old guy I met years ago from Merthyr who told of valley folk that used to hop on the train to Swansea one week and Cardiff the next but that was when the railways ran to Swansea from the valleys so you work out how long ago that was .
Also talked to a guy years ago who was at Cardiff’s biggest ever attendance agains the spurs double winning side who did say half of Swansea went up to see spurs with jones and Medwin ,so as for being a bit dim you win that one pal

You might want to talk to Raynor about that. I also posted that it was before my time so the accuracy would be debateable. As to me being dim, yep, I could be accused of being that but compared to some of your stellar postings over the years I suspect that you are having a Dunning-Kruger moment. Enjoy your evening.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

BITD on 20:47 - May 12 with 1844 viewsGeoffThom

BITD on 20:43 - May 12 by DJack

You might want to talk to Raynor about that. I also posted that it was before my time so the accuracy would be debateable. As to me being dim, yep, I could be accused of being that but compared to some of your stellar postings over the years I suspect that you are having a Dunning-Kruger moment. Enjoy your evening.

Very good so you think your an intellectual,a good intelligence would not have started our little debate with the statement about bein dim ,have lovely evening 😔
Login to get fewer ads

BITD on 20:48 - May 12 with 1839 viewsjack2jack

BITD on 20:08 - May 12 by GeoffThom

You feck that up with the taffia bit Sonny now jog off and prepare for impending doom there’s a good lad
[Post edited 12 May 2018 20:09]

BITD on 20:54 - May 12 with 1804 viewslondontaffia

DJack, me & you are on the same page, poor old Geoff is proper dolly dimple.
I’m saying the valleys lot are pretty fickle, one minute they’re watching Cardiff, soon as we get to the Prem we start attracting the ones who used to watch Liverpool from their sofas from Abersomewhere....I reckon those lot will b*gger of to watch Cardiff next year and I’m seriously thinking we should maybe do the same (at least when we are away to someone like Wigan)

BITD on 20:55 - May 12 with 1800 viewsDJack

BITD on 20:47 - May 12 by GeoffThom

Very good so you think your an intellectual,a good intelligence would not have started our little debate with the statement about bein dim ,have lovely evening 😔

I'll keep it simple...

I did not start any debate.
I did not call you dim - hence I did not quote you, it was a reply to the OP.
As to me being dim - you must have missed this bit "As to me being dim, yep, I could be accused of being that"

I hope your evening improves.

BITD on 21:00 - May 12 with 1775 viewssainthelens

BITD on 20:54 - May 12 by londontaffia

I’m saying the valleys lot are pretty fickle, one minute they’re watching Cardiff, soon as we get to the Prem we start attracting the ones who used to watch Liverpool from their sofas from Abersomewhere....I reckon those lot will b*gger of to watch Cardiff next year and I’m seriously thinking we should maybe do the same (at least when we are away to someone like Wigan)

I'd rather lance my haemorids with a blunt scalpel.
BITD on 21:03 - May 12 with 1745 viewstheloneranger

BITD on 20:32 - May 12 by GeoffThom

Quite a few Swans fans did go to Cardiff to watch First Division matches in the early to mid 1950's, especially when the Swans were playing away.

It wasn't to watch Cardiff play, but a chance to watch all the other Division 1 teams, something we wouldn't see in Swansea for another 30 years.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

BITD on 21:16 - May 12 with 1691 viewsGeoffThom

BITD on 21:03 - May 12 by theloneranger

Quite a few Swans fans did go to Cardiff to watch First Division matches in the early to mid 1950's, especially when the Swans were playing away.

It wasn't to watch Cardiff play, but a chance to watch all the other Division 1 teams, something we wouldn't see in Swansea for another 30 years.

That’s were their attendances came from 😂😂
BITD on 21:20 - May 12 with 1656 viewsRancid

What does BITD stand for?

This one is rubbish.
BITD on 21:20 - May 12 with 1654 viewslondontaffia

Loneranger, thank you, shame Geoff has got the wrong end of the stick as usual.
Let’s be honest, away trips are well expensive, if Liverpool are going to be playing down the road next year, I’ll be putting on my half and half Swansea/Liverpool scarf on and supporting my ‘other’ team.....

BITD on 21:22 - May 12 with 1645 viewsDJack

We have little, if anything, in common. You are very transparent, as a C*diff fan pretending to be a Jack. We've had a few try that over the years on these boards with the latest being Byron. He eventually admitted it...when will you?

BITD on 21:23 - May 12 with 1640 viewsDJack

BITD on 21:16 - May 12 by GeoffThom

That’s were their attendances came from 😂😂

Are you and I OK now?

BITD on 21:23 - May 12 with 1631 viewsJack_Meoff

On the positive side we'll have nineteen teams to support in the PL next year as opposed to one. Every cloud.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

BITD on 21:24 - May 12 with 1627 viewsGeoffThom

BITD on 21:23 - May 12 by DJack

Are you and I OK now?

Yes let’s start again 😉
BITD on 21:27 - May 12 with 1615 viewsDJack

BITD on 21:24 - May 12 by GeoffThom

Yes let’s start again 😉

My evening has improved.

BITD on 21:28 - May 12 with 1602 viewsGeoffThom

BITD on 21:23 - May 12 by Jack_Meoff

On the positive side we'll have nineteen teams to support in the PL next year as opposed to one. Every cloud.

Can’t wait for the impending doom that’s coming 👏👏👏
BITD on 21:29 - May 12 with 1601 viewsProfessor

The Valleys were Cardiff’s most loyal supporters in their darkest days in the 80s into the 90s. Always a few Swans fans like me (Neath originally), but the majority were loyal Bluebirds in a way the fickle city were not. The days of less than 3000 in Ninian Park. Without the Valleys boys you would have died.
BITD on 21:32 - May 12 with 1582 viewsGeoffThom

BITD on 21:29 - May 12 by Professor

The Valleys were Cardiff’s most loyal supporters in their darkest days in the 80s into the 90s. Always a few Swans fans like me (Neath originally), but the majority were loyal Bluebirds in a way the fickle city were not. The days of less than 3000 in Ninian Park. Without the Valleys boys you would have died.

Don’t bother feeding the troll ,the little blue bollacks will have to go to bed in a min
BITD on 21:36 - May 12 with 1565 viewslondontaffia

Buttie, you’ve got me wrong...I love Bonnie Tyler, Leighton James and Catherine Zeta Jones!

However I genuinely realise it’s difficult to compete with our noisy neighbours who can boast Ronald Dahl, Gareth Bale & Charlotte Church!

Just because we are a lot smaller and not as good as our capital, doesn’t mean we can’t give them healthily competition! I still remember fondly smashing their family supporter end with broken seats at their ground, we were awesome!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024