Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's match thoughts 18:58 - Sep 29 with 1479 viewsJackfath

A delightful Autumnal afternoon where the Swans beat QPR comfortably without really needing to get into top gear.

Once again a never say die attitude from the players which is refreshing to see. Mulder continues to impress in goal and Rodon and MVDH are proving to be an utterly solid and dependable CB pairing. Added to that the experience and old head of Naughton and the youthful energy of Byers, Roberts, McBurnie, Baker-Richardson. Fer returning and an impressive cameo from Fulton.

We are one or two players away from really challenging in the league.

As an aside I thought QPR were utterly woeful.

Exciting times ahead! I am loving this league!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Today's match thoughts on 19:02 - Sep 29 with 1461 viewsHumpty

Apart from the win, which was fantastic, it's a pleasure to see us playing football again.
Today's match thoughts on 19:08 - Sep 29 with 1415 viewslifelong

I thought QPR were far from woeful, especially in the first half and the early stages of the second.
Today's match thoughts on 19:32 - Sep 29 with 1313 viewsCooperman

Today's match thoughts on 19:08 - Sep 29 by lifelong

I thought QPR were far from woeful, especially in the first half and the early stages of the second.

I thought they were woeful apart from the first fifteen minutes of each half.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Today's match thoughts on 19:33 - Sep 29 with 1307 viewskarnataka

Today's match thoughts on 19:08 - Sep 29 by lifelong

Maybe you have different definitions of 'woeful' but I'm with Jackfath and thought they were woeful or rather we made them look woeful and they were fortunate not to leave with a 5 or 6 nil drubbing. CBR alone should have had hattrick before half time. Their midfield in particular was shocking.
Today's match thoughts on 19:37 - Sep 29 with 1286 viewsjacabertawe

Much maligned Naughton was excellent today.
He has definitely found his mojo under Potter.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Today's match thoughts on 19:39 - Sep 29 with 1261 viewsCooperman

Today's match thoughts on 19:33 - Sep 29 by karnataka

Maybe you have different definitions of 'woeful' but I'm with Jackfath and thought they were woeful or rather we made them look woeful and they were fortunate not to leave with a 5 or 6 nil drubbing. CBR alone should have had hattrick before half time. Their midfield in particular was shocking.

I would hazard that it would have been 6-0 if he had put the second chance away.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Today's match thoughts on 19:45 - Sep 29 with 1230 viewsItchySphincter

QPR looked like they had a goal in them and we were not comfortable at 1-0. Their number 10 was excellent and I was relieved when Sssshteve took him off.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Today's match thoughts on 19:53 - Sep 29 with 1189 viewslifelong

Today's match thoughts on 19:33 - Sep 29 by karnataka

I think you are discrediting our excellent performance by calling QPR woeful, they were in the game at half time and created a couple of excellent chances in the first half.
They tired badly in the second half and were chasing shadows because of the very good football we were playing.
Login to get fewer ads

Today's match thoughts on 19:58 - Sep 29 with 1161 viewsMrSwerve

Good post Jackfath and it's wonderful to see all of the fans cheering the boys on as we always do.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Today's match thoughts on 20:08 - Sep 29 with 1113 viewsploppy

Good performance, some very nice football and goals! I don't know how many passes we made in the lead up to Fulton's goal. It seemed like we'd had the ball forever - possibly as long as that Siggy goal against Fulham where they had to speed it up on MoTD during the analysis.

The only thing that bothered me is how sloppy we were at times. The balls forward from midfield to the front were woeful at times, and were being intercepted too often. Naughton was guilty of that, especially at the start of the second half. I think I counted of his first 5 passes forward, 4 were intercepted. Having said that, I can't be sure it was Naughton's fault or whether it was CBR, and others, not anticipating or not being strong enough with their back to goal.
Today's match thoughts on 20:31 - Sep 29 with 1011 viewsplasjack

Today's match thoughts on 20:08 - Sep 29 by ploppy

Good performance, some very nice football and goals! I don't know how many passes we made in the lead up to Fulton's goal. It seemed like we'd had the ball forever - possibly as long as that Siggy goal against Fulham where they had to speed it up on MoTD during the analysis.

The only thing that bothered me is how sloppy we were at times. The balls forward from midfield to the front were woeful at times, and were being intercepted too often. Naughton was guilty of that, especially at the start of the second half. I think I counted of his first 5 passes forward, 4 were intercepted. Having said that, I can't be sure it was Naughton's fault or whether it was CBR, and others, not anticipating or not being strong enough with their back to goal.

Sloppy I don't think we were, with the speed we were playing it was expected.
Today's match thoughts on 21:00 - Sep 29 with 917 viewsploppy

Today's match thoughts on 20:31 - Sep 29 by plasjack

Sloppy I don't think we were, with the speed we were playing it was expected.

I never "expect" us to be sloppy. It was only our sloppiness at times that allowed QPR any foothold in the game. Remember Grimes's sloppy crossfield pass in the first half? That had nothing to do with playing at pace.
Today's match thoughts on 21:12 - Sep 29 with 890 viewsawayjack

Today's match thoughts on 19:02 - Sep 29 by Humpty

Apart from the win, which was fantastic, it's a pleasure to see us playing football again.

This. Pleasure to watch today/
Today's match thoughts on 08:11 - Sep 30 with 676 viewskarnataka

Today's match thoughts on 19:53 - Sep 29 by lifelong

I think you are discrediting our excellent performance by calling QPR woeful, they were in the game at half time and created a couple of excellent chances in the first half.
They tired badly in the second half and were chasing shadows because of the very good football we were playing.

What I said was we made them look woeful which I think is actually the opposite of discrediting our performance. Read again.
Today's match thoughts on 08:22 - Sep 30 with 660 viewsjacksfullaces

Today's match thoughts on 19:45 - Sep 29 by ItchySphincter

QPR looked like they had a goal in them and we were not comfortable at 1-0. Their number 10 was excellent and I was relieved when Sssshteve took him off.

yep.

couple of chances for each teams early on, played similar level and style of football, we put our chance away they didn't. even first half.

grew into the game after that and by the end were completely dominant from middle of second half onwards, but surprised at the word woeful, by the end at 3 nil down you could see they didn't want to be there.

agree with the rest of the OPs comments, lovely afternoon at the Liberty, some nice football, think we can compete at this level with this squad, that was my thought yesterday. whether we can challenge over the course of the season, I wouldn't be making any bold assertions.

jenkins insurance policy against a plummet appears to be working, and he is back in the programme notes reminding us of this every week :)

shame he doesn't talk about the strategy he employed over 3-4 years that required its use in the first place. he really does only sing when we're winning.

and we are winning/drawing more than losing so as I say we have a competitive team at the moment - long may it continue.

there is something enjoyable about just watching a bit of football for a change rather than worrying where the next win will come from. good afternoon out.
Today's match thoughts on 08:33 - Sep 30 with 624 viewsomarjack

We've went on an awful run against Forest, Stoke and Boro and failed to score any goals and that shook our confidence.

But now it's clear that some of the worst fixtures are behind us, now we can concentrate on Wigan and Ispwich.

6 pts are possible..4 are probable imo

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024