Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s vs Brighton 18:32 - Nov 26 with 2196 viewsjasper_T

Kickoff 7pm live on the website.

Adam King back from injury. Jordi Govea on the bench. No Cian Harries or George Byers, possibly with a mind to Wednesday's squad.
U23s vs Brighton on 19:13 - Nov 26 with 2166 viewsjasper_T

Been all Brighton but a strong run from Garrick gets us up the pitch, one longish throw into the box and Cullen taps home the flick on. 10 mins played.
U23s vs Brighton on 19:18 - Nov 26 with 2156 viewsjasper_T

Top strike from Kieran Evans, bottom corner, 2-0 Swansea.
U23s vs Brighton on 19:39 - Nov 26 with 2115 viewsA_Fans_Dad

U23s vs Brighton on 19:18 - Nov 26 by jasper_T

Top strike from Kieran Evans, bottom corner, 2-0 Swansea.

Can you get the live feed?
U23s vs Brighton on 19:47 - Nov 26 with 2089 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Brighton on 19:39 - Nov 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Can you get the live feed?

I did but it's died on 43 minutes.
U23s vs Brighton on 19:58 - Nov 26 with 2054 viewsjacabertawe

U23s vs Brighton on 19:47 - Nov 26 by jasper_T

I did but it's died on 43 minutes.

It's up and running at the moment.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

U23s vs Brighton on 20:01 - Nov 26 with 2046 viewsA_Fans_Dad

U23s vs Brighton on 19:58 - Nov 26 by jacabertawe

It's up and running at the moment.

All I have had from the start is a big black square.
U23s vs Brighton on 20:10 - Nov 26 with 2033 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Brighton on 20:01 - Nov 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Try a different browser, maybe. Works in chrome but not IE for me.
U23s vs Brighton on 20:20 - Nov 26 with 2001 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I am using Firefox, I will try something else thanks
Login to get fewer ads

U23s vs Brighton on 20:36 - Nov 26 with 1964 viewsNeathJack

U23s vs Brighton on 20:20 - Nov 26 by A_Fans_Dad

I am using Firefox, I will try something else thanks

Working fine on Firefox for me.
U23s vs Brighton on 20:39 - Nov 26 with 1950 viewsA_Fans_Dad

U23s vs Brighton on 20:36 - Nov 26 by NeathJack

Working fine on Firefox for me.

That is wierd, it doesn't matter if I go in on the official site or the Twitter account, it just does not work.
2 goals in 2 minutes for Brighton.
U23s vs Brighton on 21:31 - Nov 26 with 1831 viewsjasper_T

I didn't see any of their goals but I blame Ryan Blair.
U23s vs Brighton on 21:37 - Nov 26 with 1807 viewstheloneranger

Lost 3-2

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/report-swans-u23s-2-brighton-u23s-3
[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 21:39]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

U23s vs Brighton on 21:42 - Nov 26 with 1792 viewsLoyal

Youngsters eh ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

U23s vs Brighton on 11:13 - Nov 27 with 1542 viewsvalleyboy

U23s vs Brighton on 21:42 - Nov 26 by Loyal

Youngsters eh ...

Didn’t see any players there ready for the first team

Far from it

Just shows how thin the whole footballing squad is

What I don’t understand, is why aren’t players like Asoro not playing in these games

He certainly not going to improve sitting on his backside on the subs bench or even up in the stands just watching
U23s vs Brighton on 11:15 - Nov 27 with 1538 viewsGaz_M

U23s vs Brighton on 11:13 - Nov 27 by valleyboy

Far from it

What I don’t understand, is why aren’t players like Asoro not playing in these games

He certainly not going to improve sitting on his backside on the subs bench or even up in the stands just watching

There's a few individuals who played last night with enough potential to get in the first team eventually.
U23s vs Brighton on 11:22 - Nov 27 with 1529 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Brighton on 11:13 - Nov 27 by valleyboy

Far from it

The fringe players (Harries, Byers, Dhanda, Asoro) likely didn't play because we have a Sat-Wed-Sat senior schedule this week.

Our squad is more than big enough, we don't need these u23s to be "ready for the first team" now. It's a development side, and a pretty new one at that (last season u18s centreback pairing, a few coming off long injuries).
U23s vs Brighton on 12:02 - Nov 27 with 1517 viewsvalleyboy

U23s vs Brighton on 11:22 - Nov 27 by jasper_T

The fringe players (Harries, Byers, Dhanda, Asoro) likely didn't play because we have a Sat-Wed-Sat senior schedule this week.

Our squad is more than big enough, we don't need these u23s to be "ready for the first team" now. It's a development side, and a pretty new one at that (last season u18s centreback pairing, a few coming off long injuries).

So are you telling me that Potter is not considering any new recruits in the January window and that you think that the existing squad is good enough after last Saturdays debacle

I would say that Potter is looking at aleast two signings if not three in the transfer windo, but I expect he has been told that none will come in unless the club can get rid of Bony

That’s why I think Potter played Bony on Saturday as there was no footballing sense to play him as he’s in no shape to be playing

The four players you mentioned, shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team squad in what I have seen of them and should be playing in the under 23’s to get playing time under their belt
U23s vs Brighton on 12:28 - Nov 27 with 1484 viewsNeathJack

U23s vs Brighton on 12:02 - Nov 27 by valleyboy

So are you telling me that Potter is not considering any new recruits in the January window and that you think that the existing squad is good enough after last Saturdays debacle

I would say that Potter is looking at aleast two signings if not three in the transfer windo, but I expect he has been told that none will come in unless the club can get rid of Bony

That’s why I think Potter played Bony on Saturday as there was no footballing sense to play him as he’s in no shape to be playing

The four players you mentioned, shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team squad in what I have seen of them and should be playing in the under 23’s to get playing time under their belt

So by your reckoning the best way for Bony to get match fit is not by playing matches?

Interesting theory...
U23s vs Brighton on 12:30 - Nov 27 with 1478 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Brighton on 12:02 - Nov 27 by valleyboy

No, I'm saying that there enough numbers ahead of the players that played last night (26 have played in the league this season, none of whom played last night). There's no expectation that members of this development team need to step up in the short term. The best from last season already made the jump.

Dhanda, Harries and Byers have been playing in the u23s this season, mostly home games so they're not spending time travelling and can maintain first team involvement. Asoro played once and got injured.
U23s vs Brighton on 12:44 - Nov 27 with 1472 viewsvalleyboy

U23s vs Brighton on 12:28 - Nov 27 by NeathJack

So by your reckoning the best way for Bony to get match fit is not by playing matches?

Interesting theory...

I have never said that. But there if you want the Swans playing with 10 men, what can I say

The modern game whether it be in the Premier League or the Championship requires players that when they loose the ball to track back and recover the situation

You saw that in abundance with Bony on Saturday, I don’t think
U23s vs Brighton on 12:50 - Nov 27 with 1462 viewsvalleyboy

U23s vs Brighton on 12:30 - Nov 27 by jasper_T

No, I'm saying that there enough numbers ahead of the players that played last night (26 have played in the league this season, none of whom played last night). There's no expectation that members of this development team need to step up in the short term. The best from last season already made the jump.

Dhanda, Harries and Byers have been playing in the u23s this season, mostly home games so they're not spending time travelling and can maintain first team involvement. Asoro played once and got injured.

It’s not numbers you want, but players that can play in the Championship

You saw on Saturday that Fer wasn’t in the game, so where is the payer to come in for him that can dictate and control the midfield especially in games coming up. Which I don’t think will be a walk in the park for Swansea
U23s vs Brighton on 14:13 - Nov 27 with 1408 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Brighton on 12:50 - Nov 27 by valleyboy

It’s not numbers you want, but players that can play in the Championship

You saw on Saturday that Fer wasn’t in the game, so where is the payer to come in for him that can dictate and control the midfield especially in games coming up. Which I don’t think will be a walk in the park for Swansea

Jack Evans was the u23s player last season who anchored the midfield, and he was excellent in the final few months. Man of the match as often as not. Borderline criminal that Ryan Blair was chosen to go on preseason tour ahead of him.

We've found some tremendous answers to first team questions in the development side recently, but it's too probably too much to ask that every weakness can be strengthened with "internal solutions" as Potter calls them.
U23s vs Brighton on 14:30 - Nov 27 with 1388 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Brighton on 11:15 - Nov 27 by Gaz_M

There's a few individuals who played last night with enough potential to get in the first team eventually.

Joe Lewis impressing me. Physically very well-rounded. Battle between him, Cooper and Cabango going to be interesting, any of them could develop into quality defenders in time.

Garrick looks back on track after his injury as well.
U23s vs Brighton on 15:27 - Nov 27 with 1359 viewsvalleyboy

U23s vs Brighton on 20:01 - Nov 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Hasn’t your dad got an iPad

Works every time on there

If he hasn’t, buy him one for Christmas
U23s vs Brighton on 16:58 - Nov 27 with 1327 viewsA_Fans_Dad

U23s vs Brighton on 15:27 - Nov 27 by valleyboy

Hasn’t your dad got an iPad

Works every time on there

If he hasn’t, buy him one for Christmas

Thanks I will try it next game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024