Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? 12:48 - Mar 5 with 2178 viewscackinthesackjack

Am up to date with Game of thrones and the AiC podcast (bigup Paddy and Ryan)

Need some new material...any recommendations peeps?

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 12:51 - Mar 5 with 2175 viewswestwalesed

If you haven't watched them previously (been out a few years now) I cannot recumbent "The Bridge" and/or "Homeland" highly enough.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 20:05 - Mar 5 with 2123 viewscackinthesackjack

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 12:51 - Mar 5 by westwalesed

If you haven't watched them previously (been out a few years now) I cannot recumbent "The Bridge" and/or "Homeland" highly enough.

Ive seen (and loved) Homeland. Will check out the Bridge

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 20:26 - Mar 5 with 2113 viewsSTID2017

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 20:05 - Mar 5 by cackinthesackjack

Ive seen (and loved) Homeland. Will check out the Bridge

Just started watching Madam Secretary.
Good so far

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 21:04 - Mar 5 with 2110 viewsPegojack

Four series of 'Bosch' on Amazon.
Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 21:54 - Mar 5 with 2092 viewsLord_Bony

Wolf Hall.

The story of the relationship between Thomas Cromwell and Henry Vlll.

Brilliant acting from Mark Ryland.

Watched it twice over so good on Amazon and bbc I player.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 22:00 - Mar 5 with 2077 viewsDippy

Vikings and The 100

Poll: Cooper Out

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 22:08 - Mar 5 with 2072 viewsFieryJack

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 12:51 - Mar 5 by westwalesed

Utterly brilliant misuse of "recumbent"

Did you watch this Scandi-noir stuff from a hammock in your living room?
Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 22:12 - Mar 5 with 2069 viewsFieryJack

Anyway, I'd recommend virtually any of the Storyville docs available on iPlayer.

Starting with the recent one on Marie Colvin. Top notch.

For escapist Dickensian malarkey you could try Little Dorrit.
Login to get fewer ads

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 08:38 - Mar 6 with 2005 viewsepaul

Buffy the vampire slayer is being re run on SYFY awesome, just hope they start re runs of Angel, you could also try Stargate on Pick.........happy days

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 12:14 - Mar 6 with 1972 viewsBastion_Booger

I'm more podcast than tv, mate. Some of the stuff I listen to regularly -

Monkey Tennis (Alan Partridge fan podcast)
The Infinite Monkey Cage
Those Conspiracy Guys
The Joe Rogan Experience
Something To Wrestle With Bruce Pritchard (not as naff as it sounds, stories of behind the scenes of 80s / 90s wrestling)
Hip Hop Saved My Life - Romesh Ranganathen
Hysteria 51 (Conspiracy, UFOs)
The Throwback Podcast (reviews old albums etc)

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 12:22 - Mar 6 with 1969 viewsGreatBritton

Das Boot series 2 is watchable, if a little dark on screen; anyone who hasn't seen The Jinx has missed a right treat; Baptiste is good too. Dark in a different sense.

When there's little of any worth on I will always go back and rewatch the best evers: The Wire, The Sopranos, The West Wing, Game of Thrones, Spiral and anything with Dominic West in.
Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 15:33 - Mar 6 with 1945 viewsWarwickHunt

Podcast and TV show recommendations anyone? on 12:22 - Mar 6 by GreatBritton

Das Boot series 2 is watchable, if a little dark on screen; anyone who hasn't seen The Jinx has missed a right treat; Baptiste is good too. Dark in a different sense.

When there's little of any worth on I will always go back and rewatch the best evers: The Wire, The Sopranos, The West Wing, Game of Thrones, Spiral and anything with Dominic West in.

Ah, Spiral! Superb. Braquo is Spiral on steroids... The Bureau (also French) is possibly even better than both.
The first series of The Killing is up there too. The Swedish Wallander series are pretty good.

On a lighter note, the Hap & Leonard (Michael K. Williams as Leonard) adaptations of Joe R. Lansdale's brilliantly funny and violent novels are well worth watching.

The four series of Michael Connelly's Bosch novels are very well done too - in both cases I'd recommend reading at least some of the books first though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024