Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alabama 11:52 - May 16 with 9438 viewsDrizzy

Has voted to criminalise abortion at every stage of pregnancy, with no exception for rape and incest. Abortion is now a class A felony, meaning doctors found guilty of performing abortions could be punished with up to 99 years in prison.

In the same week, the US reportedly draws up plans to send 120,000 troops to Iran.

Just when will Christian fundamentalist extremism stop?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Alabama on 11:58 - May 16 with 4579 viewsVincent_Vega

I read the news on this and it genuinely gave me a WTF moment.

I may be wrong but it's being passed with a huge majority as well

The US is getting more and more bonkers by the day!

Land of the free be fooked!

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Alabama on 12:01 - May 16 with 4573 viewsJackSomething

From what I've been reading, there will be inevitable legal challenges which will eventually lead to the Supreme Court. That's what the religious right want, as with 2 conservative appointments to the court, they think now is the time to overturn Roe vs Wade.

What a backwards country they are in some ways. Land of the free my arse...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Alabama on 12:04 - May 16 with 4556 viewscontroversial_jack

Alabama on 12:01 - May 16 by JackSomething

From what I've been reading, there will be inevitable legal challenges which will eventually lead to the Supreme Court. That's what the religious right want, as with 2 conservative appointments to the court, they think now is the time to overturn Roe vs Wade.

What a backwards country they are in some ways. Land of the free my arse...

Christianity, the religion of peace!
Alabama on 12:05 - May 16 with 4552 viewssg1912

Abortion should be available in the case of rape or incest, but there are also way too many women that get abortions just because of inconvenience.

.. and tensions with Iran come from another religious extremist sect that we’re not allowed to criticise, and I’m not talking about Islamists.
Alabama on 12:13 - May 16 with 4534 viewscontroversial_jack

Alabama on 12:05 - May 16 by sg1912

Abortion should be available in the case of rape or incest, but there are also way too many women that get abortions just because of inconvenience.

.. and tensions with Iran come from another religious extremist sect that we’re not allowed to criticise, and I’m not talking about Islamists.

It's political and economic with Iran, They are too cosy with Russia and want to circumvent the petrodollar as well.
Alabama on 12:17 - May 16 with 4525 viewsDrizzy

"Too many women get abortions because of inconvenience"

Astonishing statement.

Alabama on 12:22 - May 16 with 4519 viewsHighjack

Alabama has always been odd. They’ve probably had to put that bit about incest in as it covers about 75% of their population.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Alabama on 12:29 - May 16 with 4510 viewscontroversial_jack

Alabama on 12:22 - May 16 by Highjack

Alabama has always been odd. They’ve probably had to put that bit about incest in as it covers about 75% of their population.

Alabama , 4 million population, 25 surnames
Login to get fewer ads

Alabama on 12:36 - May 16 with 4501 viewssherpajacob

https://www.mariestopes.org.uk/abortion-services/travelling-from-ireland/

closer to home.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Alabama on 12:43 - May 16 with 4487 viewsepaul

Since when hasn't it been the women's body and not anyone else's. F*cking righteous do gooders

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Alabama on 12:50 - May 16 with 4476 viewsNeath_Jack

Alabama on 12:17 - May 16 by Drizzy

Astonishing statement.

There'll be plenty of posters along shortly to back him up.

Stop being a f*cking snowflake, or something.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Alabama on 13:28 - May 16 with 4438 viewssg1912

Alabama on 12:17 - May 16 by Drizzy

Astonishing statement.

Care to elaborate?

There’s many contraception options available to avoid pregnancy these days.
Alabama on 13:31 - May 16 with 4432 viewsLord_Bony

Sweet home Alabama.

The Redneck state.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Alabama on 13:32 - May 16 with 4425 viewsBanosswan

Alabama on 13:28 - May 16 by sg1912

Care to elaborate?

And none are 100%

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Alabama on 13:32 - May 16 with 4421 viewssg1912

Alabama on 12:43 - May 16 by epaul

Since when hasn't it been the women's body and not anyone else's. F*cking righteous do gooders

Maybe they shouldn’t get pregnant in the first place?

There’s no excuse in the modern world.
Alabama on 13:33 - May 16 with 4413 viewssherpajacob

Alabama on 12:43 - May 16 by epaul

A key question is when you believe human life begins.

Many believe it is the point of conception, and not just for religious reasons. It's clearly ludicrous to believe a baby is not alive at 36 weeks in the womb,

So if you don't believe human life begins at conception, it begins at some arbitrary point between conception and birth.

Unfortunately the debate gets hijacked by religion, when it should be on humanist terms.

The women's right to choose is a,powerful argument, but equally who speaks for the rights of the unborn child to life?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Alabama on 13:42 - May 16 with 4386 viewsDrizzy

Alabama on 13:28 - May 16 by sg1912

Care to elaborate?

It's remarkable that you feel able to generalise the cause and motives of the thousands of women who choose to get abortions.

How many is "too many"?

Alabama on 13:45 - May 16 with 4378 viewsDrizzy

Alabama on 13:32 - May 16 by sg1912

Maybe they shouldn’t get pregnant in the first place?

There’s no excuse in the modern world.

Apart from the fact that not one contraceptive method has a 100% success rate.

Alabama on 13:48 - May 16 with 4363 viewssg1912

Alabama on 13:42 - May 16 by Drizzy

It's remarkable that you feel able to generalise the cause and motives of the thousands of women who choose to get abortions.

How many is "too many"?

Are you saying there’s not enough contraception available to women and men for that matter?

I could understand if we were talking about a third world country, but we’re talking about the modern day West here.

I know a lot of women that have had upwards of 4 abortions due to laziness to use contraception, do you really think that is ok?
Alabama on 13:51 - May 16 with 4356 viewssg1912

Alabama on 13:45 - May 16 by Drizzy

Apart from the fact that not one contraceptive method has a 100% success rate.

If men wear condoms and women use contraceptives pills, you’re looking at closer to 99.9%..

But let’s give the feckless a free pass to murder children because contraception fails 1 in 10000 times (if it’s used incorrectly) , eh?
Alabama on 13:57 - May 16 with 4338 viewsDrizzy

Alabama on 13:48 - May 16 by sg1912

Are you saying there’s not enough contraception available to women and men for that matter?

I could understand if we were talking about a third world country, but we’re talking about the modern day West here.

I know a lot of women that have had upwards of 4 abortions due to laziness to use contraception, do you really think that is ok?

So you happen to know "a lot" of women that have had multiple abortions and you're able to infer that too many women have abortions from laziness.

It's a completely illogical inference. There are countless reasons why women may be unable to use contraception. IUDs are invasive, hormonal therapies can cause mood fluctuations. There are also numerous cases where contraception is used and there are still pregnancies.

In the case of the women you know I'm not going to cast a moral judgement because it's not my place. I'm not the one who would have to carry the child nor care for it during the entirety of its life. The child's right to life, like any child, is decided by the people who will forever be responsible for its care.

Edit: "murder children" There it is. God forgive the genocide that occurs every time someone spaffs in a jonny.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 13:59]

Alabama on 14:04 - May 16 with 4317 viewssg1912

Alabama on 13:57 - May 16 by Drizzy

So you happen to know "a lot" of women that have had multiple abortions and you're able to infer that too many women have abortions from laziness.

It's a completely illogical inference. There are countless reasons why women may be unable to use contraception. IUDs are invasive, hormonal therapies can cause mood fluctuations. There are also numerous cases where contraception is used and there are still pregnancies.

In the case of the women you know I'm not going to cast a moral judgement because it's not my place. I'm not the one who would have to carry the child nor care for it during the entirety of its life. The child's right to life, like any child, is decided by the people who will forever be responsible for its care.

Edit: "murder children" There it is. God forgive the genocide that occurs every time someone spaffs in a jonny.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 13:59]

I completely disagree with your last sentence..

Should we murder orphans, because there’s nobody to take care of them?

.. and how is me ‘knowing a lot of women’ any less anecdotal than ‘contraception doesn’t work for 0.001% of people ‘?
Alabama on 14:10 - May 16 with 4305 viewsDrizzy

Alabama on 14:04 - May 16 by sg1912

I completely disagree with your last sentence..

Should we murder orphans, because there’s nobody to take care of them?

.. and how is me ‘knowing a lot of women’ any less anecdotal than ‘contraception doesn’t work for 0.001% of people ‘?

The state takes care of them in that instance who are obviously not going to decide to kill them. Baffling straw man.

I have to question whether you're trolling with that last question. The very definition of anecdotal is unscientific and informal. The studies on contraception use are in no way comparable.

Not even sterilisation is .001% effective, it's closer to .15%
https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/unintendedpregnancy/pdf/contraceptive_met

You're not good with facts are you?

Alabama on 14:28 - May 16 with 4284 viewssg1912

Alabama on 14:10 - May 16 by Drizzy

The state takes care of them in that instance who are obviously not going to decide to kill them. Baffling straw man.

I have to question whether you're trolling with that last question. The very definition of anecdotal is unscientific and informal. The studies on contraception use are in no way comparable.

Not even sterilisation is .001% effective, it's closer to .15%
https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/unintendedpregnancy/pdf/contraceptive_met

You're not good with facts are you?

You’re literally advocating the murder of millions children because a tiny minority of people are unable to use contraceptives..

Even with your ‘facts’, it’s still a negligible failure rate.
Alabama on 14:44 - May 16 with 4266 viewsBrynCartwright

Bill Hicks on this subject..

There are indeed too many people, and many of them do indeed suck!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024