Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If this media reporting carries on 23:24 - Jun 27 with 1817 viewsNotLoyal

It will leave many people with no choice but to take sides. It’s shocking.
Personally, and it’s just my belief, we as a world are on the brink of total chaos.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-53076269
This was 2015. But reported yesterday. What’s the real focus ?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 23:29]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

If this media reporting carries on on 23:37 - Jun 27 with 1768 viewsTreforys_Jack

The media is a real problem.
If this media reporting carries on on 08:50 - Jun 28 with 1640 viewsBest_loser

Yes, a lot of the media is disgusting

That's why we need the fair and honest BBC
If this media reporting carries on on 11:03 - Jun 28 with 1536 viewsJango

In the past 10 years, 163 people have died in police custody in England and Wales according to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

Of these 163 deaths: 140 were white, 13 were black and 10 were from other minority groups.

When these statistics are compared to the population of these groups in society, black people are more than twice as likely to die in police custody.

The 2011 census showed three percent of the English population was black, but this has grown since that time.

Black people accounted for eight percent of deaths in custody.

But there is a different image when you look at the proportion of people arrested end up dying in police custody.

Of those arrested, 79 percent were white and 85 percent of those who died in custody were white.

In total, nine percent of people arrested were black, which is disproportionally high, and eight percent of those who died in custody were black.

So overall this means a white person who has been arrested was around 25 percent more likely to die in custody than a black individual who had been arrested.

These are the stats the media don’t want you to see. The Guardian run a story saying blacks were being disproportionately killed because 8% of those dying in custody were black when on 3% of the population is black. It’s so misleading and dangerous. Stop looking at people as a colour and just look at them as a human being. Some people are obsessed with it.
If this media reporting carries on on 13:56 - Jun 28 with 1440 viewsNotLoyal

If this media reporting carries on on 11:03 - Jun 28 by Jango

In the past 10 years, 163 people have died in police custody in England and Wales according to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

Of these 163 deaths: 140 were white, 13 were black and 10 were from other minority groups.

When these statistics are compared to the population of these groups in society, black people are more than twice as likely to die in police custody.

The 2011 census showed three percent of the English population was black, but this has grown since that time.

But there is a different image when you look at the proportion of people arrested end up dying in police custody.

Of those arrested, 79 percent were white and 85 percent of those who died in custody were white.

In total, nine percent of people arrested were black, which is disproportionally high, and eight percent of those who died in custody were black.

So overall this means a white person who has been arrested was around 25 percent more likely to die in custody than a black individual who had been arrested.

These are the stats the media don’t want you to see. The Guardian run a story saying blacks were being disproportionately killed because 8% of those dying in custody were black when on 3% of the population is black. It’s so misleading and dangerous. Stop looking at people as a colour and just look at them as a human being. Some people are obsessed with it.

I’ve always tried to get my head The arguement regards the amount of crime committed by black people compared to white people, I never saw the point in comparison and couldn’t see what it achieved.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

If this media reporting carries on on 14:42 - Jun 28 with 1403 viewsJack59

If this media reporting carries on on 11:03 - Jun 28 by Jango

The media, especially the TV news channels really need to go back to reporting the news factually, instead of exploiting very emotive subjects and stoking up fires, people could be killed because of the irresponsible reporting going on.
Many years ago when I was a child, I remember annoying little kids in the school playground who would tell stories, often they were very exaggerated, and sometimes they had little or no foundation in truth at all. Inevitably, a couple of minutes later, as the annoying little story teller makes his way to safety, all hell breaks loose in the school yard.
I think that many of these reporters and news editors may well be those annoying little kids from those years ago.
If this media reporting carries on on 18:28 - Jun 28 with 1304 viewsperplex

Its the norm, prime example Trump Cnn and Fox news, that one has been going on for years.
If this media reporting carries on on 12:29 - Jun 29 with 1179 viewsHighjack

If this media reporting carries on on 14:42 - Jun 28 by Jack59

The media, especially the TV news channels really need to go back to reporting the news factually, instead of exploiting very emotive subjects and stoking up fires, people could be killed because of the irresponsible reporting going on.
Many years ago when I was a child, I remember annoying little kids in the school playground who would tell stories, often they were very exaggerated, and sometimes they had little or no foundation in truth at all. Inevitably, a couple of minutes later, as the annoying little story teller makes his way to safety, all hell breaks loose in the school yard.
I think that many of these reporters and news editors may well be those annoying little kids from those years ago.

Journalism has been replaced with activism.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

If this media reporting carries on on 13:17 - Jun 29 with 1135 viewsLeonWasGod

The killing occurred in 2015, but the matter has been rumbling on ever since as there's been no accountability.

The latest updates on the case were only a couple of weeks ago, and given the current topicality of the issue it's hardly surprising it's newsworthy.

I hope the family get some answers eventually.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024