Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Of The Match Awards 19:55 - Jan 19 with 1271 viewsbonymine

These days, SKY tv plays such a key role in nominating MOM with all the stats etc available at the touch of a button.

Just reminiscing about the old Vetch days, when I sponsored a few games in the old East Stand hospitality box (20 blue seats at the back !!), the game was so poor that we stayed in the bar second half with Mel Nurse, when I was approached by the Swans Commercial Manager (Lisa I think it was at the time late in the 2nd half to nominate a MOM) . For a laugh, I volunteered the name of Kristian O'Leary who'd had a mare !!

Cue the boos and abuse from the North Bank it was quite funny even though we'd lost the game .....

Many happy memories of the old Vetch never to be forgotten !!!

STID

Together Stronger

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Man Of The Match Awards on 19:57 - Jan 19 with 1257 viewsDarran

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Man Of The Match Awards on 19:57 - Jan 19 with 1253 viewsJackfath

She's dead now.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:02 - Jan 19 with 1219 viewsItchySphincter

What was her name again, I vaguely remember her. Steve Jenkins also used to get MOM now and again which was always a mystery. Nowadays the ex pro co commentator decides who gets it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:02 - Jan 19 with 1214 viewsDarran

Was she a tall slight girl with blonde hair?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 20:12]

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:07 - Jan 19 with 1186 viewsJackfath

No he was a defender.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:08 - Jan 19 with 1183 viewsDarran

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:07 - Jan 19 by Jackfath

No he was a defender.

Jason Smith?

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:09 - Jan 19 with 1168 viewsItchySphincter

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:02 - Jan 19 by Darran

Was she a tall slight girl with blonde hair?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 20:12]

That's what I'm thinking. I went down the Vetch for an interview when Silver Shield took over and the brought the old commercial team from Fulham iirc. Needless to say I didn't get far although I was offered a kick about. She got the job in the new commercial department I think. that's if I'm not thinking of something completely different.

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:10 - Jan 19 with 1161 viewssherpajacob

Could use a Twitter vote to choose MoM.

Then again.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:12 - Jan 19 with 1147 viewsNeathJack

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:07 - Jan 19 by Jackfath

No he was a defender.

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:13 - Jan 19 with 1136 viewsDarran

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:09 - Jan 19 by ItchySphincter

That's what I'm thinking. I went down the Vetch for an interview when Silver Shield took over and the brought the old commercial team from Fulham iirc. Needless to say I didn't get far although I was offered a kick about. She got the job in the new commercial department I think. that's if I'm not thinking of something completely different.

She was alright too I see her husband and son at games sometimes.

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:19 - Jan 19 with 1092 viewsbonymine

Man Of The Match Awards on 19:57 - Jan 19 by Jackfath

She's dead now.

Genuinely sorry to hear that, she was a very nice lady was Lisa.

Before Lisa was 'in situ' I had sponsored a Friday night game against Cambridge in League 2 and on the Wednesday I took a phone call from Diane (lovely lady too!) to say that the East Stand Lounge was flooded and they needed a new carpet.

As this was three days before the match I thought that it would all be sorted before the game. WRONG !!

Under Messrs Dougie & Robin Sharpe, the Club decided instead to cancel my match sponsorship booking and leave the Hospitality Suite vacant rather than get a new carpet ! Can you imagine this happening in today's commercial world ?

Sometimes I just love that feeling of being back there in those old, dysfunctional days when we never had a care in the world whatever Division we were in ?...

STID

Together Stronger...

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:22 - Jan 19 with 1073 viewsItchySphincter

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:19 - Jan 19 by bonymine

Genuinely sorry to hear that, she was a very nice lady was Lisa.

Before Lisa was 'in situ' I had sponsored a Friday night game against Cambridge in League 2 and on the Wednesday I took a phone call from Diane (lovely lady too!) to say that the East Stand Lounge was flooded and they needed a new carpet.

As this was three days before the match I thought that it would all be sorted before the game. WRONG !!

Under Messrs Dougie & Robin Sharpe, the Club decided instead to cancel my match sponsorship booking and leave the Hospitality Suite vacant rather than get a new carpet ! Can you imagine this happening in today's commercial world ?

Sometimes I just love that feeling of being back there in those old, dysfunctional days when we never had a care in the world whatever Division we were in ?...

STID

Together Stronger...

Old Doug Sharpe took a lot of stick from the North Bank. I believe it's where the "get your check book out" chant originated.

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:37 - Jan 19 with 1026 viewsbonymine

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:22 - Jan 19 by ItchySphincter

Old Doug Sharpe took a lot of stick from the North Bank. I believe it's where the "get your check book out" chant originated.

I remember when things were really nasty and low that Douggie had security on the door of his house in Sketty Park Road.
I was in school with Robin so why was it so difficult to understand the simple Player Registration FAX forms yeah ? Missed out on players !!!

STID

Together Stronger

Man Of The Match Awards on 20:47 - Jan 19 with 993 viewsItchySphincter

The fax machine debacle is legendary. Didn't Doug ban the EP from the Vetch in those days?

Man Of The Match Awards on 21:43 - Apr 30 with 233 viewsbonymine

Bump for an old git laugh 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024