Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pathetic 10:26 - Jul 29 with 2286 viewsGeoffThom

Nobody's going to manage this club that's any good with the current owners
We are going backwards at a rate of knots now
Only thing we can do is either beg cam tosh or promote from within as people looking from outside see a busted flush
Pathetic on 10:34 - Jul 29 with 2233 viewsraynor94

So who do you want to run the club? For all the furore of how the club was sold, they are now running a tight ship and reporting a profit.

Be careful what you wish for

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Pathetic on 10:54 - Jul 29 with 2185 viewsGeoffThom

Pathetic on 10:34 - Jul 29 by raynor94

So who do you want to run the club? For all the furore of how the club was sold, they are now running a tight ship and reporting a profit.

This isn't about running a tight ship
This is about making yourself completely unfashionable to a manager from a lower league because he would have no scope for improving the side and to go forward as a club
Open your eyes we may stay in the division this year but look out were going backwards fast
Pathetic on 13:06 - Jul 29 with 2023 viewsReslovenSwan1

Pathetic on 10:54 - Jul 29 by GeoffThom

This is about making yourself completely unfashionable to a manager from a lower league because he would have no scope for improving the side and to go forward as a club
Open your eyes we may stay in the division this year but look out were going backwards fast

So you as a loyal fan are classifying your club on the basis of ex Norwich city favourite's view of Swansea city along with a QPR coach who has a reported history of having stage fright and cold feet late in negotiations?

Swansea is a great club over the last 20 years. Russel Martin is fashionable, 13 th he came last season with 8,000 fans in a 30,000 seater stadium.

You base going backwards on the parachute payment and budget not the playing staff and prospects in the club. Real good prospects like Benda, Cabango, Brandon Cooper, Rushesha, Ollie Cooper Cullen Garrick and Joseph.

Stop messing about and give the job to Morris on a one year deal. Off you go mate prove yourself.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Pathetic on 18:31 - Jul 29 with 1900 viewsCatullus

Would you rather we were in the same position as Cardiff or Swindon? We've seen what a REAL mess looks like.
Would we want to overspend on a manager and players maybe not worth the money?

We may be going backwards, or we may not. We won't know for a while yet.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Pathetic on 20:02 - Jul 29 with 1766 viewspencoedjack

Pathetic on 10:34 - Jul 29 by raynor94

Rayn’s as you know I try to remain positive but having managers turn us down left right & centre 8 days before the season starts is worrying.

We finished in the top 6 of the championship 2 years on the trot.
Pathetic on 21:10 - Jul 29 with 1644 viewsCatullus

Pathetic on 20:02 - Jul 29 by pencoedjack

Rayn’s as you know I try to remain positive but having managers turn us down left right & centre 8 days before the season starts is worrying.

We finished in the top 6 of the championship 2 years on the trot.

In normal times I'd probably agree with you but these are far from normal times. A lot of people are being very cautious some are maybe even running scared. Of all times to be looking for a manager this is hardly the best time.

Ironically, with us being more financially stable than many other clubs we are possibly a better bet than plenty of other clubs too. Only the clubs with parachute payments have anything substantial to spend but only Fulham have, yet.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Pathetic on 22:35 - Jul 29 with 1579 viewsangryjack

Pathetic on 21:10 - Jul 29 by Catullus

In normal times I'd probably agree with you but these are far from normal times. A lot of people are being very cautious some are maybe even running scared. Of all times to be looking for a manager this is hardly the best time.

Ironically, with us being more financially stable than many other clubs we are possibly a better bet than plenty of other clubs too. Only the clubs with parachute payments have anything substantial to spend but only Fulham have, yet.

Don't have to spend to sign someone
Pathetic on 22:50 - Jul 29 with 1547 viewsraynor94

Pathetic on 22:35 - Jul 29 by angryjack

We have signed 2 players already for money

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Pathetic on 22:53 - Jul 29 with 1537 viewsBadlands

What you are saying is at sometime we may be relegated but keeping your options open for a 'told you so'!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Pathetic on 09:33 - Jul 30 with 1372 viewsowainglyndwr

We all know managers chat especially when they are thinking of taking a job.
I wounder if they contacted Steve Cooper and he has said a few home truths. ..
This could be why nobody is interested in the job ...
Pathetic on 10:55 - Jul 30 with 1301 viewsjackrabbit

Pathetic on 09:33 - Jul 30 by owainglyndwr

We all know managers chat especially when they are thinking of taking a job.
I wounder if they contacted Steve Cooper and he has said a few home truths. ..
This could be why nobody is interested in the job ...

Absolutely! If I were considering the post, the first port of call would be Steve Cooper to sus the reality of what I’d be letting myself in for. I don’t know if any of the names mentioned have got that far into the process, but if they have, I’d be pretty sure that they’d have made time to have a quiet word with Steve.
Pathetic on 11:01 - Jul 30 with 1292 viewsCatullus

Pathetic on 22:35 - Jul 29 by angryjack

Well yes, you do. Every transfer in incurs costs, agents fees and wages, a signing on fee. The main thing for me is, some clubs are spending more than they have coming in. I'll cite Cardiff again, reputedly running at a loss of 3 MILLION per month and they still have the Sala case to sort out yet.
We don't have that issue, we are financially stable, we won't have to worry about FFP or bankruptcy.

Harking back to the days of Tony Petty, we'de havesnatched your hands off to be a club in this position. Some people seem to have forgotten, some weren't there so don't know but some others, well some people never learn.
We all want success but some don't seem to worry about the price of success. I wonder how many people would accept us winning the EPL if we went out of existence the next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024