Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest's Last Playoffs 14:14 - May 2 with 391 viewsSTID2017

Was in 2011
So eleven years just to get to a point of a possible promotion.
If they do not go up, then could be another 11 years.
The fact that we blew two play off opportunities and TBH based on the fact of points wasted this season, which means we could again have made the play offs, shows surely you have to grab the opportunity when it presents itself ?
All those making excuses for Cooper and Martin ( including myself I guess) may wonder will it be 11 years before we make the playoffs again ?
Also brings into question the theory of "We are not ready yet for the EPL". It is not like we get to pick and choose when we want to go up.
So reality is three good opportunities missed, next season we have to go for it, otherwise when ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Forest's Last Playoffs on 14:21 - May 2 with 352 viewsLorax

I forgave Cooper when I came to the conclusion he was let down by the owners. As I have said, the time for the blame game is over though I do think Cooper would have us in the play offs this season and in my opinion, much better equipped to go up.

The main gist though STID, you're spot on. You cannot say we are not ready, when will we ever be ready? You have to take your chances when they come along and that is true of everything in life. You can sort the rest out afterwards.
Forest's Last Playoffs on 14:34 - May 2 with 339 viewsmax936

Cooper has better players at his disposal than we got here, physically bigger players and players with pace and who can play, although Johnson seemed quiet on Saturday

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Forest's Last Playoffs on 14:38 - May 2 with 337 viewsSTID2017

Forest's Last Playoffs on 14:21 - May 2 by Lorax

I forgave Cooper when I came to the conclusion he was let down by the owners. As I have said, the time for the blame game is over though I do think Cooper would have us in the play offs this season and in my opinion, much better equipped to go up.

The main gist though STID, you're spot on. You cannot say we are not ready, when will we ever be ready? You have to take your chances when they come along and that is true of everything in life. You can sort the rest out afterwards.

I had a long discussion with my friend while we drove up ( and back ) on Saturday.
He is of the opinion (probably quite rightly ) that is all very nice playing tipi tapi football, but if the end result is we stay in the Championship, then he would rather a more productive if less dynamic and attractive style and get up to the EPL.
As much as I have defended Martin, I must admit that I want to see us in the EPL again, even if that means a more pragmatic approach and playing to our strengths, rather than principles

Forest's Last Playoffs on 14:43 - May 2 with 328 viewsSTID2017

Forest's Last Playoffs on 14:34 - May 2 by max936

Cooper has better players at his disposal than we got here, physically bigger players and players with pace and who can play, although Johnson seemed quiet on Saturday

I agree and we certainly do not have the strength in depth.
However, our goal every season has to be promotion.
No point in staying in the same division for the next 10 years.
We have to try.
The playoffs are a lottery where form goes out of the window and we had as much chance of getting promoted as anyone.
Had we sneaked in to six place under Martin, who knows ?

Forest's Last Playoffs on 14:50 - May 2 with 325 viewsmax936

Forest's Last Playoffs on 14:38 - May 2 by STID2017

I had a long discussion with my friend while we drove up ( and back ) on Saturday.
He is of the opinion (probably quite rightly ) that is all very nice playing tipi tapi football, but if the end result is we stay in the Championship, then he would rather a more productive if less dynamic and attractive style and get up to the EPL.
As much as I have defended Martin, I must admit that I want to see us in the EPL again, even if that means a more pragmatic approach and playing to our strengths, rather than principles

Its a case of horse's for courses for me, know your limitations and set the team up to play with the players you got and not like you'd like to play with the players you wish you had, you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear, Martin needs to write that down in big and see it everywhere he looks.

Simply put, as you said play to what you've got and to your strength's

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Forest's Last Playoffs on 14:56 - May 2 with 321 viewsSTID2017

Forest's Last Playoffs on 14:50 - May 2 by max936

Its a case of horse's for courses for me, know your limitations and set the team up to play with the players you got and not like you'd like to play with the players you wish you had, you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear, Martin needs to write that down in big and see it everywhere he looks.

Simply put, as you said play to what you've got and to your strength's

Sadly true.
I like Martin's principles but they do not help us.
If he could mix it, play the good football when he has the opportunity and then play to our other strengths when the time calls for it, then I think he would do well.
However I don't think he can bring himself to.
I fear this will be his downfall

Forest's Last Playoffs on 15:07 - May 2 with 304 viewsvetchonian

the annoying thing is at times Martin has mixed it...but then seems to revert to type.
This principles thing about the Swansea Way it is a fable...the Swabsea Way was more about how we did things of the pitch...yes we started playing through midfield rather lumping it forwards under Martinez but we even under Brendan and Laudrup played possession for possession sake Brendan used it to rest and recover.
This is what gets me wound up about Martjn there might be a manager in there somewhere if only God adapt

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Forest's Last Playoffs on 17:40 - May 2 with 252 viewsonehunglow

Forest's Last Playoffs on 15:07 - May 2 by vetchonian

the annoying thing is at times Martin has mixed it...but then seems to revert to type.
This principles thing about the Swansea Way it is a fable...the Swabsea Way was more about how we did things of the pitch...yes we started playing through midfield rather lumping it forwards under Martinez but we even under Brendan and Laudrup played possession for possession sake Brendan used it to rest and recover.
This is what gets me wound up about Martjn there might be a manager in there somewhere if only God adapt

Vetch. If he won’t change then any attributes he has are lost.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024