Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin : We must be resilient and ready to produce, 13:57 - Oct 2 with 278 viewsKeithHaynes

From the official site.

Russell Martin has warned his Swansea City side they will need to be ready to battle and fight for everything against a resilient Derby County at Pride Park this afternoon (3pm).

The Swans head coach praised the character shown by the Rams, who currently sit bottom of the Championship table after being handed a 12-point deduction for going into administration.

Wayne Rooney's side have responded with home wins over Stoke and Reading, and Martin believes the challenges and difficulties of a difficult scenario have created a siege mentality among the squad.

Which means the Swans will need to be ready to match that intensity and desire as they look to head into the international break on the back of a positive result.

"The league is very close and tight and I think they have done brilliantly given the situation they find themselves in,” said the head coach.

"I have a lot of respect and admiration for the job Wayne is doing there.

"Sometimes things like that can bring you together and give you something to really fight for and it seems they have gone that way.

"They are not feeling sorry for themselves or giving anything up, they are fighting for absolutely everything.

Russell Martin
"This is going to be a tough game. It’s too early in the season to talk about teams as being certain to be relegated or promoted.

"They had a good win in midweek and it’s a tough place to go.

"But the challenge of every game is different, it’s up to us to bring the correct mentality. We have to focus and we are looking forward to it.

“We want a performance that will allow us to go and get a result.”

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin : We must be resilient and ready to produce, on 13:59 - Oct 2 with 271 viewsonehunglow

Tough game then. Great Russ.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin : We must be resilient and ready to produce, on 14:35 - Oct 2 with 243 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"The league is very close and tight".
Not in the league that I am watching.
Russell Martin : We must be resilient and ready to produce, on 14:40 - Oct 2 with 230 viewsDr_Parnassus

“We want a performance that will allow us to go and get a result.”

Well that’s a positive sign, some focus on a result. It’s like he’s reading the forum

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin : We must be resilient and ready to produce, on 14:41 - Oct 2 with 228 viewsNotLoyal

Maybe that's that then after what is it 9 or 10 games we should all give up, look for fault and get our 'told you so' threads ready.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024