Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League tonight 19:54 - Sep 27 with 562 viewsKeithHaynes

Palace v Brighton.
Rivalry apparently.

Brighton go top if they win.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Premier League tonight on 22:23 - Sep 27 with 527 viewsploppy

Never quite understood this rivalry. Didn't see the first half - Palace penalty just before half time (Gallagher went down ever-so easily, but we've seen that before). Second half was pretty much all Brighton possession but they struggled to create anything. Jordan Ayew missed a sitter which would have finished it off. Don't know why (probably due to Zaha's diving), but I can't stand Palace, so glad to see Brighton scoring in the last minute. Nice finish by Maupay. Pretty dire stuff overall. Handbags at the end, which livened things up a bit. The beard doesn't suit Potter.
Premier League tonight on 22:56 - Sep 27 with 500 viewsReslovenSwan1

10 of the 20 man Brighton squad featured v Swansea last week to resurrect past controversies. Most on the bench. They may be young but they are good young 'uns.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Premier League tonight on 22:59 - Sep 27 with 494 viewsDr_Parnassus

Premier League tonight on 22:56 - Sep 27 by ReslovenSwan1

10 of the 20 man Brighton squad featured v Swansea last week to resurrect past controversies. Most on the bench. They may be young but they are good young 'uns.

How many played any minutes at all?

I haven’t seen

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Premier League tonight on 23:07 - Sep 27 with 484 viewsDr_Parnassus

Just checked.

So the older left back Burn got 45 mins. No real surprise.

Alzate, Connolly and Moder, were the oldest of the younger ones (20,22,23) all got 25 mins or less off the bench…. not including injury time.

You could have also framed it as 16 of the 20 man squad we faced in the Cup, played zero minutes today.

Half of the 20 were told not to bother lacing their boots and sat in the stand/in their living rooms watching it.

It’s not any different from the assessment at the time. It was a mixture of youth and reserve players.

When you resurrect a debate, it’s better to wait until something has changed.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 23:21]

Premier League tonight on 23:37 - Sep 27 with 438 viewsReslovenSwan1

Premier League tonight on 23:07 - Sep 27 by Dr_Parnassus

Just checked.

So the older left back Burn got 45 mins. No real surprise.

Alzate, Connolly and Moder, were the oldest of the younger ones (20,22,23) all got 25 mins or less off the bench…. not including injury time.

You could have also framed it as 16 of the 20 man squad we faced in the Cup, played zero minutes today.

Half of the 20 were told not to bother lacing their boots and sat in the stand/in their living rooms watching it.

It’s not any different from the assessment at the time. It was a mixture of youth and reserve players.

When you resurrect a debate, it’s better to wait until something has changed.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 23:21]

My statement was correct. Nothing to discuss really. The ten in the squad tonight are in the first team squad for a vital Premier league game where Brighton would have been top of the Premier league.

I have stated facts. I will leave 'statistical processing' to you. Your interpretation does not tally with mine.

Premier League tonight on 23:45 - Sep 27 with 433 viewsDr_Parnassus

Premier League tonight on 23:37 - Sep 27 by ReslovenSwan1

My statement was correct. Nothing to discuss really. The ten in the squad tonight are in the first team squad for a vital Premier league game where Brighton would have been top of the Premier league.

I have stated facts. I will leave 'statistical processing' to you. Your interpretation does not tally with mine.

Yes, your statement said much the same as mine did.

16 of the 20 played no part at all. 10 of which were essentially told not to bother coming to the ground. 4 didn’t muster more than a half.

Glad we agree the team we played was largely youths and reserves then.

Back to the thread…

Premier League tonight on 00:00 - Sep 28 with 430 viewsReslovenSwan1

Premier League tonight on 23:45 - Sep 27 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes, your statement said much the same as mine did.

16 of the 20 played no part at all. 10 of which were essentially told not to bother coming to the ground. 4 didn’t muster more than a half.

Glad we agree the team we played was largely youths and reserves then.

Back to the thread…

Your interpretation of the team we played "was largely youths and reserves" is not the way I see it.

10 of the 14 participants (who actually kicked the ball) v Swansea were in Brighton's top of the table squad tonight irrespective of age or playing time. The were young but not reserves. Mason Greenwood is young and generally not described as a "youth"or a "reserve". The ten are part of Brighton's first team squad.

Stats are stats but we interpret them differently.

Premier League tonight on 00:33 - Sep 28 with 411 viewsDr_Parnassus

Premier League tonight on 00:00 - Sep 28 by ReslovenSwan1

Your interpretation of the team we played "was largely youths and reserves" is not the way I see it.

10 of the 14 participants (who actually kicked the ball) v Swansea were in Brighton's top of the table squad tonight irrespective of age or playing time. The were young but not reserves. Mason Greenwood is young and generally not described as a "youth"or a "reserve". The ten are part of Brighton's first team squad.

Stats are stats but we interpret them differently.

Whether you see it as that or not doesn’t make much impact on the reality of the situation.

Brighton aren’t top of the table and haven’t been this season. They are 6th and the vast majority of the team that played us has had absolutely no hand in that whatsoever.

Tonight was no different. 4 of the 20 getting any kind of minutes. Zero of which getting more than a half. Half of the 20 not even in the ground.

Mason Greenwood stars almost every game for them. If someone I have described as a youth is the same for Brighton then I will move them across to regular first team starter, quite happily. Anyone?

That isn’t an interpretation. That’s just a statement of a series of facts.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 1:09]

Login to get fewer ads

Premier League tonight on 10:29 - Sep 28 with 295 viewsItchySphincter

I used to live not far from Croydon - Palace v Brighton is considered a derby of sorts, big game.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Premier League tonight on 11:53 - Sep 28 with 254 viewsmonmouth

Premier League tonight on 10:29 - Sep 28 by ItchySphincter

I used to live not far from Croydon - Palace v Brighton is considered a derby of sorts, big game.

They have a motorway directly connecting them and next to nothing in between. Always causes trouble.

Croydon is one of the biggest shitholes it's been my misfortune to experience, and I've lived in Peckham and Lewisham.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Premier League tonight on 11:56 - Sep 28 with 251 viewsonehunglow

Premier League tonight on 11:53 - Sep 28 by monmouth

They have a motorway directly connecting them and next to nothing in between. Always causes trouble.

Croydon is one of the biggest shitholes it's been my misfortune to experience, and I've lived in Peckham and Lewisham.

Sister in law lived in Thornton Heath. They moved to Newton Abbott 15 yrs ago.
Funnily enough,never returned there.

Not a place I d have a dog living

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024