Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. 22:42 - Oct 21 with 742 viewsReslovenSwan1

Generally speaking Swansea players have been very disciplined in not getting silly booking for pointless acts of goal celebrations over the years. Sigurdson, Michu, Bony never did it. Gomis never. Danny Graham no. The only one I can remember was loose cannons Leroy Lita and Possibly Leon Knight? I hope the club have a word and reinstate common sense.

Patterson had the same punishment as Henry Lansbury for his cowardly assault from behind which could have resulted in a bone break on Manning.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 23:12 - Oct 21 with 703 viewshobo

Blame the rule, not the player
Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 23:37 - Oct 21 with 685 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 23:12 - Oct 21 by hobo

Blame the rule, not the player

The rules are the rules and are there to be followed. EFL football is a rules based sport. If you do not like the rules do not take part.

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 00:01 - Oct 22 with 669 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 23:37 - Oct 21 by ReslovenSwan1

The rules are the rules and are there to be followed. EFL football is a rules based sport. If you do not like the rules do not take part.

Players know that if they take their shirt off they will get booked.
Perhaps if clubs said a fortnights wages is docked, then they wouldn't do it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 00:14 - Oct 22 with 661 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 00:01 - Oct 22 by builthjack

Players know that if they take their shirt off they will get booked.
Perhaps if clubs said a fortnights wages is docked, then they wouldn't do it.

I may be wrong but Swansea have a very proud record in not having bone headed players getting booking for free. Having said that I am obviously delighted with Patterson in general. A natural replacement for Routledge with goals. Poor discipline is endemic if that is the right word.

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 00:43 - Oct 22 with 637 viewsTreforys_Jack

Actually agree with you, stupid stupid booking, which could prove costly further down the line.
Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 00:52 - Oct 22 with 632 viewsChief

In a rare moment of clarity, I believe you are actually taking sense this time Resloven.

Yes it's a rule (an illogical one), but an established one but it's no surprise to the players. I can accept they can get carried away but I don't see why that needs to manifest itself in an action that they know will get them booked. Lots of games in this division, could do without needless suspensions.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 02:12 - Oct 22 with 613 viewsDr_Parnassus

Same. It’s a stupid law if the game but that doesn’t mean we should be equally stupid and fall foul of it.

Needs to stop.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 06:43 - Oct 22 with 588 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 02:12 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Same. It’s a stupid law if the game but that doesn’t mean we should be equally stupid and fall foul of it.

Needs to stop.

Apparently FIFA have decreed that a naked top half is highly offensive in many countries throughout the world that is why it is a booking.
As everyone says a needless caution but you can get 10 cautions in a season without any suspension.

Only a problem if you you score early in a game get a needless caution then pick up a second caution later on and get sent off.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 07:14 - Oct 22 with 566 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 06:43 - Oct 22 by felixstowe_jack

Apparently FIFA have decreed that a naked top half is highly offensive in many countries throughout the world that is why it is a booking.
As everyone says a needless caution but you can get 10 cautions in a season without any suspension.

Only a problem if you you score early in a game get a needless caution then pick up a second caution later on and get sent off.

5 bookings before week 19 gets you a one game ban.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 08:15 - Oct 22 with 544 viewsThornburyswan

Agree, got it for the Cardiff game noting importance of that fixture/result but needs to be reigned back in for the usual league games - at least until the play-off final anyway!!
Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 13:42 - Oct 22 with 460 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 00:43 - Oct 22 by Treforys_Jack

Actually agree with you, stupid stupid booking, which could prove costly further down the line.

true it was a stuid booking however he's not the biggest tackler so I'd imagine if he gets 3 cards for celebrating he'll probably stop and still be no where near getting suspended

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 13:47 - Oct 22 with 457 viewsvetchonian

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 08:15 - Oct 22 by Thornburyswan

Agree, got it for the Cardiff game noting importance of that fixture/result but needs to be reigned back in for the usual league games - at least until the play-off final anyway!!

play offs? We are nailed on for the automatics now surely?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea players getting silly bookings for shirtless celebrations. on 14:32 - Oct 22 with 439 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I’ve never seen the appeal of taking your shirt off after scoring. I mean fair enough if you’re built like the ultimate warrior and want to show off your greasy rippling muscles but Paterson is just a little skinny dude in a sports bra.

I do think the rule about booking them should be removed though, especially in the women’s game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024