Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Lohengrin 17:18 - Nov 30 with 1637 viewsProfessor

Did you see the comments by the chief on MI6 over China? Very much like we both discussed on the Barbados thread. I really worry that we have got things badly wrong over the last decade. Trump’s ridiculous trade war did nothing but help extend Beijing’s influence
FAO Lohengrin on 18:57 - Nov 30 with 1596 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I'd say Trump, for all his faults, was suspicious of China and too many countries are totally reliant /trusting of China, the US imports the equivalent of 36 percent of its production from China!

Meanwhile millions of Uighurs are held in concentration camps without any consequence.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

FAO Lohengrin on 19:14 - Nov 30 with 1581 viewsBoundy

FAO Lohengrin on 18:57 - Nov 30 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'd say Trump, for all his faults, was suspicious of China and too many countries are totally reliant /trusting of China, the US imports the equivalent of 36 percent of its production from China!

Meanwhile millions of Uighurs are held in concentration camps without any consequence.

We buy their sometimes tacky goods because the west appear to have forgotten how to manufacture , they've taken up the mantle in both commercial and domestic goods at the cost of our manufacturing base , buy cheap and you pay the price in other ways

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

FAO Lohengrin on 20:27 - Nov 30 with 1552 viewsDr_Winston

FAO Lohengrin on 19:14 - Nov 30 by Boundy

We buy their sometimes tacky goods because the west appear to have forgotten how to manufacture , they've taken up the mantle in both commercial and domestic goods at the cost of our manufacturing base , buy cheap and you pay the price in other ways

The West haven't forgotten how to manufacture, it's just a lot cheaper to manufacture elsewhere.

What the Chinese have done is set the stall for Africa to become for them what China currently is for the West, which would leave the West out on the limb a bit. Maybe looking towards India instead as its primary manufacturing location.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

FAO Lohengrin on 00:49 - Dec 1 with 1484 viewsKilkennyjack

Great bunch of lads the Chinese … 🇨🇳

Beware of the Risen People

FAO Lohengrin on 08:33 - Dec 1 with 1450 viewsLohengrin

In reply to the OP:

No I didn’t, Prof. I was up at the Royal Welsh all yesterday, I’ll have to dig it out later.

Saying the same as us? Well, I don’t think you have to work for the security services or be a particularly invested student of geopolitics to have observed the direction of travel this last decade or so. It’s all there in plain sight.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

FAO Lohengrin on 10:44 - Dec 1 with 1410 viewscontroversial_jack

China is the new bogeyman. There has to be one to justify the huge military industrial complex. The US went to war in Iraq to prevent Iraq making a big oil deal with China, and possibly by passing the petro dollar
FAO Lohengrin on 12:27 - Dec 1 with 1387 viewsCatullus

FAO Lohengrin on 10:44 - Dec 1 by controversial_jack

China is the new bogeyman. There has to be one to justify the huge military industrial complex. The US went to war in Iraq to prevent Iraq making a big oil deal with China, and possibly by passing the petro dollar

Beware the yellow peril, Nostradamus warned of the yellow race. Lohengrin has too mind, they sound like they go together, Lohengrin and Nostradamus, the divinating duo, the prognosticating pair, the conjecturing cu.....better not!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FAO Lohengrin on 15:32 - Dec 1 with 1350 viewsLohengrin

FAO Lohengrin on 12:27 - Dec 1 by Catullus

Beware the yellow peril, Nostradamus warned of the yellow race. Lohengrin has too mind, they sound like they go together, Lohengrin and Nostradamus, the divinating duo, the prognosticating pair, the conjecturing cu.....better not!

Charming!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Lohengrin on 17:01 - Dec 1 with 1319 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

FAO Lohengrin on 20:27 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

The West haven't forgotten how to manufacture, it's just a lot cheaper to manufacture elsewhere.

What the Chinese have done is set the stall for Africa to become for them what China currently is for the West, which would leave the West out on the limb a bit. Maybe looking towards India instead as its primary manufacturing location.

What the Chinese have done well is to somehow manoeuvre themselves into a position where no government, powerful entity or individual can criticise them without being hit massively in the pocket. Pretty much everyone who has had the balls to speak out usually ends up making a grovelling apology the next day.
FAO Lohengrin on 21:13 - Dec 1 with 1254 viewsDJack

FAO Lohengrin on 17:01 - Dec 1 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

What the Chinese have done well is to somehow manoeuvre themselves into a position where no government, powerful entity or individual can criticise them without being hit massively in the pocket. Pretty much everyone who has had the balls to speak out usually ends up making a grovelling apology the next day.

This.

Going back to Kilkenny's point, yes Chinese people are fine.. putting aside their own group of nationalists. Their government, however, is the cult of Xi and very authoritarian. Make NO mistake their intent(currently) is to shape the world and to make themselves the final world superpower.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

FAO Lohengrin on 21:28 - Dec 1 with 1237 viewsKeithHaynes

Our days of steam, metal, manufacture and renowned folk such as Isambard Kingdom Brunel, William Brown and Arthur Barry are long gone.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

FAO Lohengrin on 11:56 - Dec 2 with 1178 viewsCatullus

FAO Lohengrin on 21:28 - Dec 1 by KeithHaynes

Our days of steam, metal, manufacture and renowned folk such as Isambard Kingdom Brunel, William Brown and Arthur Barry are long gone.

Arthur Barry, the jewel thief?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FAO Lohengrin on 12:50 - Dec 2 with 1161 viewsKeithHaynes

FAO Lohengrin on 11:56 - Dec 2 by Catullus

Arthur Barry, the jewel thief?

What a construction he was 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024