Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused 09:55 - Aug 13 with 1455 viewsSwansIndependent

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused 13th Aug 2023 09:53
Yesterdays defeat at the Hawthorns wasn’t so much annoying, it was more frustration that the players involved didn’t seem to have a handle on the game for some seventy minutes. West Bromwich Albion weren’t that much better than the Swans, they were just more accomplished when it came to the crucial areas of the game. 0

Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:10 - Aug 13 with 1394 viewsWhiterockin

The turning point for me was the introduction of Patino. I haven't seen a set play delivered like that since Siggy was with us. Corners hitting the man, a nice fee kick passed to him to cross and at every opportunity his head was up looking to play forward. He must start on Saturday.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:21 - Aug 13 with 1373 viewsswan_si

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:10 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

The turning point for me was the introduction of Patino. I haven't seen a set play delivered like that since Siggy was with us. Corners hitting the man, a nice fee kick passed to him to cross and at every opportunity his head was up looking to play forward. He must start on Saturday.

Totally agree, his movement finding space and demanding the ball was impressive for such a young player, trying to play forward at every opportunity, he definitely upped our tempo 👏
That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:23 - Aug 13 with 1362 viewsonehunglow

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:21 - Aug 13 by swan_si

Totally agree, his movement finding space and demanding the ball was impressive for such a young player, trying to play forward at every opportunity, he definitely upped our tempo 👏

Patino could be the catalyst for us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:29 - Aug 13 with 1334 viewsswan_si

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:23 - Aug 13 by onehunglow

I certainly hope so.
That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:34 - Aug 13 with 1317 viewsonehunglow

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:29 - Aug 13 by swan_si

I certainly hope so.

Some players ,young ones,stand out ,in any sport.
Sobers, Bradman, Surtees, Edwards were all very young but took to the stage as if they were seasoned pros. It made them special from the start.
I’m not ,of course, placing this kid into their domain but it’s the case of class being evident and this kid,to me,has it.
Now,we have to look after him.

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:35 - Aug 13 with 1321 viewsjack247

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:23 - Aug 13 by onehunglow

Obviously you can’t judge on half an hour, but he looked the exact reason loans are important when you get them right. Didn’t look like a championship player. Certainty didn’t look like 19 year old.
That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:48 - Aug 13 with 1283 viewsonehunglow

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:35 - Aug 13 by jack247

Obviously you can’t judge on half an hour, but he looked the exact reason loans are important when you get them right. Didn’t look like a championship player. Certainty didn’t look like 19 year old.

Mornin 247.
He hasn’t had any meaningful training with us,he’s not even spoken to most of his teammates but he is fit and well and fit enough to come on and recharge us quite clearly .
Note how ,right from the start,he was trying to boss others around him and demanding the ball.
He stood out like a beacon to all but the myopic.
What he didn’t do was virtually hide,as several of ours did ,as they have before .
I would love Grimes to be sold and replaced by Patino.
Quick,incisive, meaningful passes .

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:02 - Aug 13 with 1247 viewsKeithHaynes

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:48 - Aug 13 by onehunglow

Mornin 247.
He hasn’t had any meaningful training with us,he’s not even spoken to most of his teammates but he is fit and well and fit enough to come on and recharge us quite clearly .
Note how ,right from the start,he was trying to boss others around him and demanding the ball.
He stood out like a beacon to all but the myopic.
What he didn’t do was virtually hide,as several of ours did ,as they have before .
I would love Grimes to be sold and replaced by Patino.
Quick,incisive, meaningful passes .

He is a decent addition, however he has been with the squad all week.
However, that’s by the by, for our midfield to all of a sudden need to rely on this youngster is pretty embarrassing, even more so when we had an experienced midfield out there for most of the game.

And yes, it’s only one game. I see that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:07 - Aug 13 with 1217 viewsWhiterockin

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:02 - Aug 13 by KeithHaynes

However, that’s by the by, for our midfield to all of a sudden need to rely on this youngster is pretty embarrassing, even more so when we had an experienced midfield out there for most of the game.

It may be only one game Keith but you have to judge on what you can see.

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:16 - Aug 13 with 1170 viewsKeithHaynes

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:07 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

It may be only one game Keith but you have to judge on what you can see.

If that the case it’s more than embarrassing this kid achieved what he did in the time he had.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:22 - Aug 13 with 1155 viewsWhiterockin

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:16 - Aug 13 by KeithHaynes

If that the case it’s more than embarrassing this kid achieved what he did in the time he had.

This is true and I hope it has given the "old guard" a massive kick up the backside. It clearly shows why none have been picked up by a Premier League club.

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:24 - Aug 13 with 1132 viewsFireboy2

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 10:35 - Aug 13 by jack247

I couldn't believe how good he played when he came on, i didnt expect him to be that good, he rarely went backwards with the ball and his deliveries into the box were brilliant.

Grimes take note.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 11:27]
That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:52 - Aug 13 with 1070 viewsswan_si

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:22 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

This is true and I hope it has given the "old guard" a massive kick up the backside. It clearly shows why none have been picked up by a Premier League club.

I'd like to see him play alongside a matchfit Joe.
That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 12:00 - Aug 13 with 1033 viewsWhiterockin

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:52 - Aug 13 by swan_si

I'd like to see him play alongside a matchfit Joe.

I have to hold myself back not to get too excited, that would be dreamland.

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 12:01 - Aug 13 with 1029 viewsjacksfullaces

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:16 - Aug 13 by KeithHaynes

this to me is the point.

Both games I've seen this season (the league one) has shown a team short of ideas, urgency and energy.

I know we love the blame game on here, but they are showing the worst of last year with a different guy at the helm.

Be interested in seeing how much time this one gets? We need to see what he is trying to do, even if we aren't executing. Other than the keeper mixing the long/short stuff up I can't see anything yet.

Assuming he gets as much time as how you stood on the previous manager for most.

As I don't get into all that nonsense, I just want to see some good football with purpose. Patino brought that on which was good, but as per your point, we have years and years of building with top quality players, but it takes one 19 yr old to riff a bit and light up the show.
That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 13:42 - Aug 13 with 870 viewsonehunglow

That Swansea comeback ? I’m not that enthused on 11:02 - Aug 13 by KeithHaynes

Keith
He showed Grimes up in my opinion who ,as you will have guessed,is one of our most overrated players ever.
A good player,a great professional but my God,he slows us down so much .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024