| Help for a follower 15:43 - Jul 21 with 1909 views | KeithHaynes | Good Morning Swansea Independent - Swansea Town 0 Workington Town 0 on 31 August,1968 - are there any records of the Swansea Town team that day anywhere please? - thanks. reason for the question - on that day myself and a school friend of mine were at St Helens when Sir Garfield Sobers hit 6's for Notts against Glamorgan - but we missed it because in the afternoon we popped over to the Vetch Field to watch Swansea Town (as they were then) against Workington Town - when we arrived back at the gates in St Helens we were told we'd just missed a world record - story of my life - ha |  |
| |  |
| Help for a follower on 16:29 - Jul 21 with 1838 views | 3swan | Taken from Swansea Town & City the complete record by Colin Jones Hayes Lawrence Gomersall Thomas Nurse Slee Evans B Williams H Gwyther McMorran Screen W (Raybould) Att 8431 |  | |  |
| Help for a follower on 16:33 - Jul 21 with 1818 views | Whiterockin |
| Help for a follower on 16:29 - Jul 21 by 3swan | Taken from Swansea Town & City the complete record by Colin Jones Hayes Lawrence Gomersall Thomas Nurse Slee Evans B Williams H Gwyther McMorran Screen W (Raybould) Att 8431 |
I was there but I honestly can't remember McMorran. |  | |  |
| Help for a follower on 16:35 - Jul 21 with 1798 views | 3swan |
| Help for a follower on 16:33 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin | I was there but I honestly can't remember McMorran. |
I think a midfielder from Walsall? |  | |  |
| Help for a follower on 16:37 - Jul 21 with 1778 views | Whiterockin |
| Help for a follower on 16:35 - Jul 21 by 3swan | I think a midfielder from Walsall? |
Thanks, but it doesn't ring a bell. Must be an age thing. |  | |  |
| Help for a follower on 16:40 - Jul 21 with 1758 views | 3swan |
| Help for a follower on 16:37 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin | Thanks, but it doesn't ring a bell. Must be an age thing. |
Can't remember how many games he played. From memory a slight player but got stuck in. Anyway just think you are the 1 of the 8431 without you it would have been 8430 ๐ |  | |  |
| Help for a follower on 16:41 - Jul 21 with 1753 views | raynor94 |
| Help for a follower on 16:35 - Jul 21 by 3swan | I think a midfielder from Walsall? |
Yes Jimmy McMorran a skillful midfielder and he did come from Walsall i think he went back to them when he left us |  |
|  |
| Help for a follower on 16:46 - Jul 21 with 1723 views | Whiterockin |
| Help for a follower on 16:40 - Jul 21 by 3swan | Can't remember how many games he played. From memory a slight player but got stuck in. Anyway just think you are the 1 of the 8431 without you it would have been 8430 ๐ |
It seems I'm not the only one who has forgotten him. https://www.swanseacity.com/hi |  | |  |
| Help for a follower on 16:52 - Jul 21 with 1682 views | 3swan |
I just did the same Other Google show he played for us but no records |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| Help for a follower on 16:53 - Jul 21 with 1679 views | 3swan |
| Help for a follower on 16:41 - Jul 21 by raynor94 | Yes Jimmy McMorran a skillful midfielder and he did come from Walsall i think he went back to them when he left us |
Yes I think he did. From memory I quite liked him |  | |  |
| Help for a follower on 17:55 - Jul 21 with 1590 views | swan65split |
| Help for a follower on 16:37 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin | Thanks, but it doesn't ring a bell. Must be an age thing. |
as stated he was a skillfull midfield player, all left foot, started his career at Third Lanark I believe, came from walsall , played about a dozen or so times for us before going back in exchange for Alfie Biggs. i remember him playing in our liverpool league cup game, his boot was tapped up with white tape! |  | |  |
| Help for a follower on 21:33 - Jul 21 with 1409 views | OptimisticJack | I took the decision to stay at the cricket that day and miss the Swans. Don't know what got into me that day but so glad I did lol |  |
|  |
| Help for a follower on 22:59 - Jul 21 with 1369 views | Ferryjack | I went to see the Swans v Workington & its a boring 0 - 0 so about 20 past 4 we said lets go to St Helenโs as we had seasons as we got to the gate opposite the Cricketers & we walked in we saw Nash start his over. How lucky was that to see it 5mins later would have missed it. RIP Gary Swansea will always be remembered when you are mentioned as will Malcolm Nash |  | |  |
| |