By continuing to use the site, you agree to our use of cookies and to abide by our Terms and Conditions. We in turn value your personal details in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Me and a few mates used to get the Swansea bay rider which back then could get you as far as Bristol. 13 -14 years old, vanishing for the day, some change for the coinbox and not seeing anybody we knew from the norning until 9 or 10 at night.
3
Adventures on the Bus Network in Swansea, 1980s on 13:35 - Sep 27 with 1489 views
Adventures on the Bus Network in Swansea, 1980s on 13:00 - Sep 27 by SullutaCreturned
Me and a few mates used to get the Swansea bay rider which back then could get you as far as Bristol. 13 -14 years old, vanishing for the day, some change for the coinbox and not seeing anybody we knew from the norning until 9 or 10 at night.
When Swansea was a proper looking city and people really were free to do what they wanted.1984 me and my mate both aged 14 yrs old went to London Millwall away with FOSCFA and both our parents thought we were over each other's houses.
Adventures on the Bus Network in Swansea, 1980s on 13:35 - Sep 27 by 1983
When Swansea was a proper looking city and people really were free to do what they wanted.1984 me and my mate both aged 14 yrs old went to London Millwall away with FOSCFA and both our parents thought we were over each other's houses.
[Post edited 27 Sep 13:37]
I have a mate who used to go away with FOSCFA at a similar age, I think he told his mum though. Myself and a mate went on a few aways when we were 16, Brentford was one.
It was freedom and we didn't worry.
0
Adventures on the Bus Network in Swansea, 1980s on 15:52 - Sep 27 with 1425 views
Casually mentioned once somewhere that it was not uncommon for me to go to games, even evening ones with a mate and no adult when we were both 11-12 years old and got greeted by disbelief that we were allowed to.
Are things that bad or are parents just more terrified these days? Swansea has got a few rough spots but it's still a remarkably safe city overall.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.
2
Adventures on the Bus Network in Swansea, 1980s on 16:17 - Sep 27 with 1416 views
Adventures on the Bus Network in Swansea, 1980s on 15:52 - Sep 27 by Dr_Winston
Casually mentioned once somewhere that it was not uncommon for me to go to games, even evening ones with a mate and no adult when we were both 11-12 years old and got greeted by disbelief that we were allowed to.
Are things that bad or are parents just more terrified these days? Swansea has got a few rough spots but it's still a remarkably safe city overall.
At that age my Dad would give me a couple of quid and that would pay for the bus, getting in the ground and some chips on the way home. Sometimes I would go on my own to games, including as you say evening games. I remember when it was 50p to get in with an adult in the Double Decker, We used to tailgate adults to get in.
Adventures on the Bus Network in Swansea, 1980s on 11:12 - Sep 28 by Demitrius
It's alight fella. There are worse afflictions.
I know when I'm unlikely to get back to sleep after lying there for hours so rather than be bored stiff I watch a film or go online, often here.
Doc said here are some strong pills go easy and the damn things are rubbish!
It can’t be doing you any good though I’ve never had a problem even when in the darkest of days I am good at compartmentalising issues and I’m doing that with my health issue It’s working so far Missus is a poor sleeper and not , may I say, about me prodding her in her back , as she says She was given Melatonin
Anyway Hope y see you at Preston Burnley Blackpool and Bolton which is April Bolton replete with the spring cherry blossom
Adventures on the Bus Network in Swansea, 1980s on 15:52 - Sep 27 by Dr_Winston
Casually mentioned once somewhere that it was not uncommon for me to go to games, even evening ones with a mate and no adult when we were both 11-12 years old and got greeted by disbelief that we were allowed to.
Are things that bad or are parents just more terrified these days? Swansea has got a few rough spots but it's still a remarkably safe city overall.
|The rules are different, my son wasn't allowed in the ground by himself when he was 16. i'm not sure the steward was right mind.
I remember paying 35p to get on the North bank, how far back is that!
I think parents are generally more terrified, take my wife, she's not happy that our son (whpo has just turned 18) wants to go on holiday by himself. Shw was even less happy to find out I was encouraging him
i told him I'd rather he took a friend but that he should travel as much as he can while he's young, if he has to go alone just be careful and stay in regular touch.