Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
mot help please 15:05 - Jun 19 with 4064 viewsraynor94

My mot is due next week, but my management light has come on, no problem with car at the moment, is the light a failure?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

mot help please on 15:09 - Jun 19 with 2499 viewstreboethjack

They will probably plug the diagnostic reader in to find the problem, although this may sound stupid it sometimes comes on for pretty much no reason. Ive heard of many cases where it's come on and the owner has tried numerous things to fix it and have found nothing then weeks or months later it goes off. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong but Im not sure if it's an automatic failure.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

mot help please on 16:09 - Jun 19 with 2467 viewstalljack

not an automatic failure but it may fail on emissions as they may be being affected if engine management light on. Had a car in for mot in the garage i work at yesterday and it had same light on and showed a catalytic converter functional fault when checked on diagnostic computer but it passed mot as emissions were ok(although this won't be the case for long - fault still needs to be rectified before further damage done)
mot help please on 16:11 - Jun 19 with 2463 viewsSCB1985

It shouldn't fail. It could be an egr valve. My van had a light on when It ha an mot, they knocked the light out for me. It came back on I recently had clutch done again they seen the light was on checked it and told me it was the egr valve.

Poll: whats more important to you

mot help please on 16:18 - Jun 19 with 2455 viewsraynor94

mot help please on 16:11 - Jun 19 by SCB1985

It shouldn't fail. It could be an egr valve. My van had a light on when It ha an mot, they knocked the light out for me. It came back on I recently had clutch done again they seen the light was on checked it and told me it was the egr valve.

Thanks for the replies all very helpful

mot help please on 17:35 - Jun 19 with 2420 viewsPacemaker

mot help please on 16:18 - Jun 19 by raynor94

Sorry Raynor I think the advice may be wrong.

Any warning light shown from this Jan will result in automatic failure. My mates Mondeo just failed and it took an age to sort out as they could not trace the fault. His was for airbag so may be different?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2014 17:38]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

mot help please on 17:45 - Jun 19 with 2408 viewsBaker

mot help please on 17:35 - Jun 19 by Pacemaker

Any warning light shown from this Jan will result in automatic failure. My mates Mondeo just failed and it took an age to sort out as they could not trace the fault. His was for airbag so may be different?

If it's the Engine Management Light (EML) it is 100% an advise.

It fails if any of these are illuminated:
ABS
Airbag
Traction Control

This is one advise I wouldn't like to get tho

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

mot help please on 19:58 - Jun 20 with 2297 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

mot help please on 17:45 - Jun 19 by Baker

If it's the Engine Management Light (EML) it is 100% an advise.

It fails if any of these are illuminated:
ABS
Airbag
Traction Control

This is one advise I wouldn't like to get tho

Correct it will only fail if it is a safety issue ie brakes air bag warning lights.
Elm light is an advise.

:Til I Die,and Beyond. Oi !! It's A Way Of Life.

mot help please on 07:17 - Jun 21 with 2248 viewsjacksinceever

Mine came on when I collected my car from the garage. Turned out to be something to do with resetting air conditioning (which took about two minutes)
Shouldn't be a failure
Login to get fewer ads

mot help please on 07:49 - Jun 21 with 2240 viewsmagicdaps10

If the engine light on then it will fail.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

mot help please on 06:41 - Jul 16 with 2129 viewsJethroJack

mot help please on 16:18 - Jun 19 by raynor94

Did it fail?
mot help please on 08:57 - Jul 16 with 2071 viewsraynor94

mot help please on 06:41 - Jul 16 by JethroJack

Did it fail?

Passed with flying colours, it didn't cause a problem

mot help please on 09:27 - Jul 16 with 2050 viewsJethroJack

mot help please on 08:57 - Jul 16 by raynor94

Passed with flying colours, it didn't cause a problem

Nice one.
Next time I have a car query, I'll raise it on here instead of asking my mates or discussing with the garage
mot help please on 09:39 - Jul 16 with 2039 viewsraynor94

mot help please on 09:27 - Jul 16 by JethroJack

Nice one.
Next time I have a car query, I'll raise it on here instead of asking my mates or discussing with the garage

Seeing there's a lot of knowledgeable people on here concerning cars, I can't see the problem in asking for some advice, can you?

mot help please on 09:52 - Jul 16 with 2029 viewsStarsky

mot help please on 09:39 - Jul 16 by raynor94

Seeing there's a lot of knowledgeable people on here concerning cars, I can't see the problem in asking for some advice, can you?

Do you have shyte wheels though Ray?

It's just the internet, init.

mot help please on 10:25 - Jul 16 with 2007 viewsdgt73

mot help please on 17:35 - Jun 19 by Pacemaker

An engine management light can come on for no apparent reason. Ive had it happen to my car, took it to a garage the guy plugged his machine into my cigarette lighter and there's no problem at all and sometimes the engine management light will trip it's self on. He reset the light within seconds. But if the light does come on get it checked out.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

mot help please on 12:56 - Jul 16 with 1956 viewsJethroJack

mot help please on 09:39 - Jul 16 by raynor94

Not at all, it's a handy alternative if you've got nobody you can speak to face-to-face.
mot help please on 13:12 - Jul 16 with 1946 viewspansypants

Among the nonsense there is good stuff on here.
Some very knowledgable types on here.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

mot help please on 13:27 - Jul 16 with 1924 viewsraynor94

mot help please on 12:56 - Jul 16 by JethroJack

Not at all, it's a handy alternative if you've got nobody you can speak to face-to-face.

Well going by your criteria there must be he'll of a lot of lonely people posting on here, personally speaking I find the non football board a font of knowledge

mot help please on 17:35 - Jul 16 with 1859 viewsJethroJack

mot help please on 13:27 - Jul 16 by raynor94

Well going by your criteria there must be he'll of a lot of lonely people posting on here, personally speaking I find the non football board a font of knowledge

That's exactly my point, based on the style of your interjections on here, I had you down as a definite "billy-no-mates", with the request for MOT advice being the latest tell-tale sign.
mot help please on 18:01 - Jul 16 with 1839 viewsraynor94

mot help please on 17:35 - Jul 16 by JethroJack

That's exactly my point, based on the style of your interjections on here, I had you down as a definite "billy-no-mates", with the request for MOT advice being the latest tell-tale sign.

And you come across as a loudmouth over bearing oaf, but hey its a message board, perhaps we are both wrong

mot help please on 18:03 - Jul 16 with 1833 viewsLohengrin

Lots have said it may be a minor problem, Raynor, on the flip-side it may be something serious. Get it checked out soonest or it may end up costing you a fortune if you just ignore it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

mot help please on 18:26 - Jul 16 with 1817 viewsJethroJack

mot help please on 18:01 - Jul 16 by raynor94

And you come across as a loudmouth over bearing oaf, but hey its a message board, perhaps we are both wrong

Apologies, looks like I've touched a nerve there.

I've told you elsewhere, "Jethro" is due to Ian (Tull) Anderson & my cat, not to that t w a t comedian you accused me of copying.

Talking of over-bearing oafs, how are you & poor old Dwight getting on these days? After supporting his efforts for many months, I see you had a little pop at the tedious tosser in a recent thread. Took a while for the penny to drop, eh?
mot help please on 18:42 - Jul 16 with 1798 viewsraynor94

mot help please on 18:26 - Jul 16 by JethroJack

Apologies, looks like I've touched a nerve there.

I've told you elsewhere, "Jethro" is due to Ian (Tull) Anderson & my cat, not to that t w a t comedian you accused me of copying.

Talking of over-bearing oafs, how are you & poor old Dwight getting on these days? After supporting his efforts for many months, I see you had a little pop at the tedious tosser in a recent thread. Took a while for the penny to drop, eh?

Not at all, if I agree with what he says I'll say so, the same when I disagree, I will admit he's getting a bit ott

mot help please on 23:40 - Jul 16 with 1747 viewsJethroJack

mot help please on 18:42 - Jul 16 by raynor94

Not at all, if I agree with what he says I'll say so, the same when I disagree, I will admit he's getting a bit ott

Fair enough, it obviously took you a lot longer than me to find his incessant negativity tedious, whether he's piss-taking or not. A wind-up is fair enough, but to continue it for as long as he has in so many threads is a cause for concern. He's not even that good at it and gets caught out time & time again, poor chap.

If he is a Redturd, then it makes some sense but if he's not, then he's got to be an out-and-out loony.

Maybe he was accidentally dropped on his head as a toddler, or maybe it was deliberate because he's been behaving like this from birth.
mot help please on 08:25 - Jul 17 with 1706 viewsmagicdaps10

If they passed it with the EML on then they chose to ignore it.

A EML light on is a instant fail.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024