Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Troy Deeney!! 23:26 - Jun 20 with 5022 viewsDaithejack

According to the Mirror we've offered £11m for Deeney! WTF. Got to be Boll#%ks surely.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/watford-reject-swansea-tran
[Post edited 20 Jun 2015 23:29]

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Troy Deeney!! on 23:31 - Jun 20 with 4979 viewsNeathJack

Complete and utter bollocks.

As most Mirror stories are.
Troy Deeney!! on 23:34 - Jun 20 with 4958 viewshobo

Well, if true, they've rejected it so let's just leave it there
Troy Deeney!! on 23:37 - Jun 20 with 4942 viewsDarran

Troy Deeney!! on 23:34 - Jun 20 by hobo

Well, if true, they've rejected it so let's just leave it there

Probably the best and funniest thing you've ever said.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Troy Deeney!! on 00:14 - Jun 21 with 4813 viewsDyfnant

The Sunday Mirror will probably be reporting we're accepting a £9M double bid from Spurs for JJS & Montero

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Troy Deeney!! on 00:37 - Jun 21 with 4756 viewsEdmundo

Troy Deeney!! on 00:14 - Jun 21 by Dyfnant

The Sunday Mirror will probably be reporting we're accepting a £9M double bid from Spurs for JJS & Montero

Don't say things like that.......it'll be hot news by the time we all wake😉

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Troy Deeney!! on 01:32 - Jun 21 with 4682 viewssnork44

Troy Deeney!! on 00:14 - Jun 21 by Dyfnant

Knowing Levy the tight git would offer £3 million for JJS and Montero combined !

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Troy Deeney!! on 08:42 - Jun 21 with 4400 viewsDaggyjack

No way would we bid £11 million for a 26 year old striker who has only cut it in the championship up til now.
As Rio Ferdinand says, British players are way over-priced.
£5 bid for a overseas up and coming striker to be back up to Gomis is more likely the way we'll go, especially if we did pay Ayew £5+ in signing on.
Troy Deeney!! on 08:43 - Jun 21 with 4400 viewsItchySphincter

The red tops are usually pretty accurate with regards to the sport section, not sure why people think they are made up, certainly no more so than the more reputable broad sheets. If it's in there there's probably an element of truth in it, transfer fees aside.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Troy Deeney!! on 08:51 - Jun 21 with 4372 viewsDaggyjack

Troy Deeney!! on 08:43 - Jun 21 by ItchySphincter

The red tops are usually pretty accurate with regards to the sport section, not sure why people think they are made up, certainly no more so than the more reputable broad sheets. If it's in there there's probably an element of truth in it, transfer fees aside.

I could see us bidding for someone like Deeney but offering no more than £5 million for him. From Watford's view, we wouldn't get him for that.
Like I said, far better value overseas.
Troy Deeney!! on 09:07 - Jun 21 with 4321 viewsJackSomething

Troy Deeney!! on 08:43 - Jun 21 by ItchySphincter

If you took every transfer suggested in the red tops between now and the end of the summer, I'm confident something around 5% would be correct at best.

Pretty accurate my arse.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Troy Deeney!! on 09:14 - Jun 21 with 4295 viewsItchySphincter

Troy Deeney!! on 09:07 - Jun 21 by JackSomething

If you took every transfer suggested in the red tops between now and the end of the summer, I'm confident something around 5% would be correct at best.

Pretty accurate my arse.

No less accurate than any other sources that pop up on here.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Troy Deeney!! on 09:30 - Jun 21 with 4230 viewsmonmouth

Troy Deeney!! on 09:14 - Jun 21 by ItchySphincter

Yes, exactly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Troy Deeney!! on 09:30 - Jun 21 with 4230 viewsBorojack

Troy Deeney!! on 09:14 - Jun 21 by ItchySphincter

A lot of the Tories dont like the Daily Mirror no idea why.
Your right though there Sports reporting is not that bad.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Troy Deeney!! on 09:45 - Jun 21 with 4168 viewsPhil_S

Watford Reject Swans £11m Bid For Deeney? Surely Not?

The Mirror is reporting that we have had an £11m bid for Watford striker Troy Deeney rejected by the Premier League newcomers as both us and Newcastle up their attempts to lure the striker away.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/38978
Troy Deeney!! on 09:46 - Jun 21 with 4161 viewsNookiejack

When we first came up - the going rate for a Championship striker who had scored loads of goals but was unproven at PL standard was £5m a la Danny Graham. It now seems to be minimum £10m to £12m when you read stories about Deeney, Rhodes and Gestede.

i would rather we pay a few million more and find a better non-home based player for that sum - who would be better than our existing players. I don't see Deeney being better than Gomis and now Ayew.

The one other consideration though is the number of home based players you have to have in your squad. Therefore you can argue he may be better than some of our existing home based players and therefore will improve our existing squad. £12m seems a lot of money in comparison to what we will pay for Ayew's overall package including signing on fee.
Troy Deeney!! on 09:55 - Jun 21 with 4127 viewsBorojack

Troy Deeney!! on 09:46 - Jun 21 by Nookiejack

When we first came up - the going rate for a Championship striker who had scored loads of goals but was unproven at PL standard was £5m a la Danny Graham. It now seems to be minimum £10m to £12m when you read stories about Deeney, Rhodes and Gestede.

i would rather we pay a few million more and find a better non-home based player for that sum - who would be better than our existing players. I don't see Deeney being better than Gomis and now Ayew.

The one other consideration though is the number of home based players you have to have in your squad. Therefore you can argue he may be better than some of our existing home based players and therefore will improve our existing squad. £12m seems a lot of money in comparison to what we will pay for Ayew's overall package including signing on fee.

Yes no value at all in buying Championship players you can understand the selling club wanting top dollar we would be the same.
Deeney is a good player but unproven in the PL 7 million tops for me and Watford would never sell for that unless he was in the last year of his contract.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Troy Deeney!! on 11:48 - Jun 21 with 3876 viewsJackofdreambeach

Yes it's too much for Deeney.

But it's probably only Monk and directors who know what type of strikers we're targeting.
A Borini type ? International class and knows our club...think how well he did here in that promotion season.
Or a bigger , taller Mitrovic type ? Or both?

Hope the quality is right , don't forget Bony & Gomis started last season....but it got a tad threadbare in the closing months.
Troy Deeney!! on 12:21 - Jun 21 with 3786 viewsjack247

I'd like to see us take a chance on Deeney. I'm sure we could get proven quality for £11m, but if the price was more realistic he could be a good gamble
Troy Deeney!! on 03:03 - Jun 22 with 3293 viewsWanderer

hold up, i'll be honest and say i don't know a lot about his guy, never seen him play.
His stats look good, does anyone think he will cut the mustard in the prem?
is he really that good or just a good player getting more attention than due credit?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024