Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Day After 07:40 - Jan 14 with 2072 viewsswan65split

Come on guys, lets lighten up and be a bit positive today, as I am sure the team needs it....................as I feel like s*** !!!

How can 3 men have such a depressing effect on a City ? one ref, one linesman, and HJ ?......................................lol
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 7:40]
Day After on 07:45 - Jan 14 with 2036 viewsdeanscfc

I dont really blame HJ, although he has probably made mistakes recently. Regardless though i can't see us staying up from here so am pretty depressed today. If i were an outsider i would confidently bet on us going down. :(
Day After on 07:46 - Jan 14 with 2031 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yep. We had a bum deal last night and we all need to realise that. Start again against Watford. I am stil not in the 'confident we will stay up' group though. Let's not forget we could have been three down after 15 mins and KI is way, way off form when we are now looking light in midfield. We need to make sure we come out firing on all cylinders in future and our indecisive board need to pull their fingers out.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Day After on 07:47 - Jan 14 with 2031 viewsAngelRangelQS

Day After on 07:45 - Jan 14 by deanscfc

I dont really blame HJ, although he has probably made mistakes recently. Regardless though i can't see us staying up from here so am pretty depressed today. If i were an outsider i would confidently bet on us going down. :(

If we go down then it will be mainly on Huw Jenkins IMO and the mistakes he has made over the last two years.

After last night though I'm a bit more confident of staying up
Day After on 07:49 - Jan 14 with 2014 viewsDr_Winston

Day After on 07:47 - Jan 14 by AngelRangelQS

If we go down then it will be mainly on Huw Jenkins IMO and the mistakes he has made over the last two years.

After last night though I'm a bit more confident of staying up

We still desperately need a competent manager.

I feel for Curt and the position he's been put in, but he shouldn't be there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Day After on 07:54 - Jan 14 with 1982 viewspencoedjack

Day After on 07:49 - Jan 14 by Dr_Winston

I agree

But cant see it happening
Day After on 07:57 - Jan 14 with 1969 viewsAngelRangelQS

Absolutely agree.

I also agree though that it won't happen. Crazy decision
Day After on 08:06 - Jan 14 with 1929 viewsDr_Winston

Day After on 07:54 - Jan 14 by pencoedjack

I agree

But cant see it happening

No.

Reliability is apparently of more worth to the board these days than experience and skill.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Day After on 08:09 - Jan 14 with 1901 viewsQuakerJack

Nail hit firmly on the head...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

Day After on 08:12 - Jan 14 with 1891 viewsJackanapes

If we are going down because of Jenkins then we are quits because we are also there because of him.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Day After on 08:13 - Jan 14 with 1885 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

It feels like its going to be 3 from Villa, us, Bournemouth and norwich. And right now, I don't fancy our odds....

Wait, this is supposed to be a positive thread....er....

Nope, sorry, nothing there. We need a transfer window of epic proportions.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Day After on 08:14 - Jan 14 with 1863 viewsAngelRangelQS

Day After on 08:12 - Jan 14 by Jackanapes

If we are going down because of Jenkins then we are quits because we are also there because of him.

Nobody is doubting that but I don't see what relevance it has
Day After on 08:14 - Jan 14 with 1862 viewsswancity

Result was affected by the referee so let's not panic as we did play some good football at times

But ....while I was pleased initially with the appointment of Curtis we had the look of a rudderless ship last night whilst Sunderlands management team looked and are in a different class. Who were all those guys milling around our technical area exactly? I mean exactly what are their credentials? To be fair though even Mourinho would have found that one a stressful night to manage the tactical side of it. At 2-2 for instance Cork was about to come on when they made it 3-2. It was a night to forget but the ref sadly was too involved in the defeat..

And it's easy to be wise after the event but surely the team needed Britton when we went down to 10 men. It put too much pressure on Ki who was exhausted at the end and Sigurdson who had to play deeper.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Day After on 08:18 - Jan 14 with 1830 viewsJackanapes

Day After on 08:14 - Jan 14 by AngelRangelQS

Nobody is doubting that but I don't see what relevance it has

The relevance is this is no time for blame. If you are standing on a rail track with a train speeding toward you your first thought shouldnt be why am I here, it should be get the fk off the track.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 8:20]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Day After on 08:21 - Jan 14 with 1810 viewsswan65split

positive I said..............cum on !
Day After on 08:25 - Jan 14 with 1801 viewslancasterswan

We're still in this, it's going to be a horrible scrabble between about 6 or 7 teams, but we're still in the mix. It can't be as bad as last night for the next 4 months. Come on !

As an aside there's not much crowing on Wearside, have a read of this...

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/sunderland-afc/latest-safc-news/bungling-ref
Day After on 08:28 - Jan 14 with 1778 viewsawayjack

I'm not feeling any better this morning and see nothing to be positive about. All I've had this morning is gloating or sympathy.

It's increasingly clear this squad and management team are incapable of keeping us up. After the initial bounce post Monk, we're back to the sloppyness we've seen since August. Our Board seem better at selling than recruiting players or coaches of the right quality. We need some positives, a new signing, coach support for Curt or dare I say a win versus Watford.
Day After on 08:37 - Jan 14 with 1739 viewsJackanapes

I have posted it elsewhere. On the 25th Jan 2003 we were 13 points from safety and had just lost 6 games on the bounce. We were playing terribly and had just lost at home 3-2 to Bury. We beat Lincoln that day and things turned around. I think it was around then we signed Nugent. I remember watching us draw 1-1 vs Rushden in a pub in Hounslow on a monday night and thinking we may have a chance. Everyone knows what happened that season, but it happened because everyone pulled together, especially the supporters.
It doesnt matter where you are, it matters where you headed. Its not over yet it isnt going to be easy and we are going to need a couple of inspirational signings this window. After the success of recent year this feels worse than I had imagined it would but still its been worth it, even if we do go down.

Day After on 08:40 - Jan 14 with 1723 viewsswan65split

Day After on 08:37 - Jan 14 by Jackanapes

I have posted it elsewhere. On the 25th Jan 2003 we were 13 points from safety and had just lost 6 games on the bounce. We were playing terribly and had just lost at home 3-2 to Bury. We beat Lincoln that day and things turned around. I think it was around then we signed Nugent. I remember watching us draw 1-1 vs Rushden in a pub in Hounslow on a monday night and thinking we may have a chance. Everyone knows what happened that season, but it happened because everyone pulled together, especially the supporters.
It doesnt matter where you are, it matters where you headed. Its not over yet it isnt going to be easy and we are going to need a couple of inspirational signings this window. After the success of recent year this feels worse than I had imagined it would but still its been worth it, even if we do go down.

Exactly , last night we had to play with 10 men against 13
perhaps a couple of signings and a win or 2 and hey presto...... Game on.
Day After on 08:43 - Jan 14 with 1707 viewsJackanapes

Leicester, Sunderland , Wigan. They have also shown that its not over until its over. They have pulled off escapes of giddying proportions. Its not going to happen if we have already given up.

Day After on 08:52 - Jan 14 with 1677 viewsawayjack

Day After on 08:37 - Jan 14 by Jackanapes

Yup remember the run in of matches and elation of staying up. You've got to see the bad times to really appreciate the good times. I think had we gone down in first couple of seasons in the Prem it would have felt OK. Our expectations grow each year we've been in the prem and maybe that makes it a little more painful. It also feels it's mostly down to controllable off the field events.
Day After on 08:55 - Jan 14 with 1654 viewsJackanapes

Day After on 08:52 - Jan 14 by awayjack

Yup remember the run in of matches and elation of staying up. You've got to see the bad times to really appreciate the good times. I think had we gone down in first couple of seasons in the Prem it would have felt OK. Our expectations grow each year we've been in the prem and maybe that makes it a little more painful. It also feels it's mostly down to controllable off the field events.

I totally agree about if we had gone down straight away. Ironically we would probably have been better off financially as we made a tidy profit first couple of years.

Day After on 08:57 - Jan 14 with 1642 viewsCliffTop

Officiating cost us dearly, but lets look at what games we have left to play:

I still think there are enough games for us to stay up, but Watford is a must win.

Home games we can win — Watford, Palace, Villa, Southampton, Norwich = 15 points
Homes games we could steal a point — Liverpool, Chelsea, City = 3 points
Away games we could win — WBA, Bournemouth, Newcastle = 9 points

Also have Stoke, Everton, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester, West Ham away where you never know

Just have to back the team, that's all we can do as fans. It's a shame we couldn't hold on to a 2-1, I think that would have really pushed us on. It will be a battle, but it's not like the club hasn't been in a few of those over the years!
Day After on 08:59 - Jan 14 with 1635 viewsJackanapes

We need Rob Schnieder in the crowd

Day After on 09:09 - Jan 14 with 1605 viewsPrivate_Partz

My pal raised a point last night. What if Curt decides he is not being given support, either with assistance or incoming players, and decides to resign? Unlikely I know but what would happen then? Would that reignite the managerial search or would Huw ask Leon to be player manager? Frightening thought.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Day After on 09:15 - Jan 14 with 1578 viewshammy

At least we're (still) not in the bottom three. Let's hope that last night's result didn't affect the team in a negative way and they come out on Monday and take the game to Watford, A win on Monday should put us in a good position to get out of the relegation zone.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024