Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - 23:26 - Aug 23 with 832 viewsLoyal

For me it is KSY.
Just get the feeling we won't be seeing him again.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 23:31 - Aug 23 with 818 viewsSwansea93

Clement rates Ki as one of our best players.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 23:31]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 23:38 - Aug 23 with 792 viewsLoyal

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 23:31 - Aug 23 by Swansea93

Clement rates Ki as one of our best players.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 23:31]

Gylfi wasn't that bad, and he has gone.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 23:42 - Aug 23 with 776 viewsTheResurrection

Told you that Loyal buddy,

His "best players" are all offski.... Go figure

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 23:45 - Aug 23 with 761 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 23:42 - Aug 23 by TheResurrection

Wishful thinking.
If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 23:46 - Aug 23 with 757 viewsLoyal

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 23:42 - Aug 23 by TheResurrection

I love an Americanism.

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 23:52 - Aug 23 with 727 viewsawayjack

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 23:38 - Aug 23 by Loyal

Gylfi wasn't that bad, and he has gone.

I don't see KI leaving this window - market is mad but we'd still struggle to get £5m with his injury / mixed performance record. If we don't bring in a CAM in next week, he's not bad back up over several midfield positions if PC can get him motivated.
If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 23:56 - Aug 23 with 710 viewsLoyal

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 23:52 - Aug 23 by awayjack

I don't see KI leaving this window - market is mad but we'd still struggle to get £5m with his injury / mixed performance record. If we don't bring in a CAM in next week, he's not bad back up over several midfield positions if PC can get him motivated.

I just think someone has to move on.
Routledge is clearly in his plans, fck knows why.
We have Britton, Fulton, KSY, Clucas, Fer, Mesa, Carrol, Dyer, Narsingh, Ayew, all in the mix.
That's 11 players. Seems a lot for us.

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 00:03 - Aug 24 with 686 viewsTheKirkyLife

I see Clucas more as a squad strengthening experiment than a marquee signing.

Think of it this way - Clucas signing allows Fer to be moved into the #10 from which he scored twice against MK. He not only solves our problem of Routledge in the first team but also provides more competition for the likes of Ki/Fulton.

Then there's his flexibility. LB cover, Winger cover, CM cover - he covers a lot. If Arias and Bony (at the very least) comes off then I can see the bigger picture for the near future.

Fabianski
Arias, Fernandez, Mawson, Olsson
Mesa
Clucas, Carroll
Fer
Llorente, Abraham

BENCH: Nordfeldt, Naughton, van der Hoorn, Fulton, Narsingh, Ayew, Bony
Login to get fewer ads

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 00:17 - Aug 24 with 661 viewsNirvana

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 00:03 - Aug 24 by TheKirkyLife

Think of it this way - Clucas signing allows Fer to be moved into the #10 from which he scored twice against MK. He not only solves our problem of Routledge in the first team but also provides more competition for the likes of Ki/Fulton.

Then there's his flexibility. LB cover, Winger cover, CM cover - he covers a lot. If Arias and Bony (at the very least) comes off then I can see the bigger picture for the near future.

Fabianski
Mesa
Clucas, Carroll
Fer
Llorente, Abraham

Spot on, Kirky.

Agree with everything you've stated.

Only difference is I would rather us get a creative type than Bony, and move Fer to the bench. We can use his physique and goal-scoring ability as a substitute, and his laziness can be hidden quite a bit. He'll be fresh when everyone else is tired. Perfect.

But at this point, I'd keep Llorente and take Chadli over Bony any day, especially if we can bring Arias in. Maybe we cab get Danny Ings on loan or something just to add another striker?
If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 00:24 - Aug 24 with 646 viewsSwansea93

Put Fer on the bench and swap for Chadli and that looks a strong team and bench.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 01:10 - Aug 24 with 587 viewsTheKirkyLife

To reply to both you guys I'm doubting Chadli more and more every day. I just don't think we'll stump up £20-£25 million for him (rightfully so) and him playing against MK was a statement. Especially when we can get the caliber of Viera in for just £5-£10 million more.

We're expecting, I quote, "1 to 2" more signings in though Donovan did say he was expecting 1 to 2 BIG signings....Arias and Bony have been reported by sources as in 'advanced stages' where as Chadli has not gotten past the initial interest. Keep in mind we do have Ki, Bartley and Dyer to come back. That would see VDH/Fulton/Narsingh replaced in my eyes.

As much as I would love a new #10 - I think it will have to wait until January.
If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 01:20 - Aug 24 with 578 viewsSwan91

If Clucas is a replacement for anyone - on 00:03 - Aug 24 by TheKirkyLife

Fabianski
Mesa
Clucas, Carroll
Fer
Llorente, Abraham

I agree with that except for fulton on the bench... most likely when Ki comes back he will be the CM on the bench IMO...and I can also imagine him being used as a number 10 (he plays for South Korea in that position and he is actually good in that position). Last season he was ahead of Fer in the starting 11... so when he comes back and plays again.. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the number 10 spot as first choice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024