Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
virgin internet 18:38 - Oct 8 with 2298 viewsswan65split

we had new hub 3, and being having trouble since, just losing internet, any one else having issues ?
virgin internet on 19:38 - Oct 8 with 2258 viewsmax936

Had terrible trouble with them, download speeds under 20 upload speeds 12 or below had 3 engineers out new router and its still crap.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

virgin internet on 20:27 - Oct 8 with 2224 viewsswan65split

virgin internet on 19:38 - Oct 8 by max936

Had terrible trouble with them, download speeds under 20 upload speeds 12 or below had 3 engineers out new router and its still crap.

Been pathetic for weeks, this afternoon dropping out with no one on the net, had a signal about 6ish and had them do a test, lo and behold they found no problem, touch wood its been ok since, but going to phone and kick ass tomoz.
virgin internet on 21:42 - Oct 8 with 2192 viewsBrynCartwright

All these effin companies advertise awesomely fast internet access and then deliver nothing like it. Ofcom needs to sort their sorry arseholes out. Talk Talk; Virgin; BT; all as bad as each other.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

virgin internet on 22:12 - Oct 8 with 2171 viewsmax936

virgin internet on 21:42 - Oct 8 by BrynCartwright

All these effin companies advertise awesomely fast internet access and then deliver nothing like it. Ofcom needs to sort their sorry arseholes out. Talk Talk; Virgin; BT; all as bad as each other.

I'm thinking of getting in touch with Ofcom, not getting any satisfaction from Virgin, fecking hopeless.

virgin internet on 09:12 - Oct 9 with 2115 viewsLord_Bony

Paying for top of the range broadband at (up to,hate that word) 100mbs...lucky to get 40 most of the time and im very close to the exchange which is in the next street practically.

Worse of all it cuts out for periods of about 15 mins randomly.

Compared to a lot of countries in Europe, especially ßcandinavia,the UK has a poor Internet service by providers.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

virgin internet on 12:01 - Oct 9 with 2076 viewsjedijack

I'm with VM.

Paying for 200/20 but get more than that 99.9% of the time. That how VM fibre works, you should get bang on the advertised speed (if not a bit more) unless there is a contention issue, or fault in your area.

This is with the VM router in modem only mode, have a Gigabit WAN AC router that deals with everything else.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 12:10]
virgin internet on 12:18 - Oct 9 with 2057 viewstheloneranger

virgin internet on 12:01 - Oct 9 by jedijack

I'm with VM.

Paying for 200/20 but get more than that 99.9% of the time. That how VM fibre works, you should get bang on the advertised speed (if not a bit more) unless there is a contention issue, or fault in your area.

This is with the VM router in modem only mode, have a Gigabit WAN AC router that deals with everything else.

I'm with VM as well, and get the same fast speeds.

The biggest problem with VM low or no speed fibre broadband problems is where the VM sales staff have oversold the service in particular areas.....for commission... and it's running at over capacity.

Watchdog had a show about this problem a few months ago.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

virgin internet on 12:37 - Oct 9 with 2037 viewsElward

virgin internet on 12:01 - Oct 9 by jedijack

I'm with VM.

I do the same thing with Sky Fibre using a Netgear Nighthawk router, hell of a difference in speed and wifi signal.
Login to get fewer ads

virgin internet on 14:14 - Oct 10 with 1930 viewsmax936

virgin internet on 12:18 - Oct 9 by theloneranger

I'm with VM as well, and get the same fast speeds.

The biggest problem with VM low or no speed fibre broadband problems is where the VM sales staff have oversold the service in particular areas.....for commission... and it's running at over capacity.

Watchdog had a show about this problem a few months ago.

Was told by engineer that my area was over subscribed and that's why I get problems, thing is its not problem if they've over subscribed so they should discount me accordingly robbing gets.

virgin internet on 14:18 - Oct 10 with 1926 viewsMeraki

virgin internet on 14:14 - Oct 10 by max936

Was told by engineer that my area was over subscribed and that's why I get problems, thing is its not problem if they've over subscribed so they should discount me accordingly robbing gets.

They've probably got themselves covered in the small print.
virgin internet on 14:48 - Oct 10 with 1910 viewsmax936

virgin internet on 14:18 - Oct 10 by Meraki

They've probably got themselves covered in the small print.

Without doubt.

virgin internet on 16:58 - Oct 10 with 1873 viewstheloneranger

virgin internet on 14:14 - Oct 10 by max936

Ring Virgin Media and ask to speak to the "Retention" Dept and only them.

This is the only dept that can give discounts and change the prices on your contract.

Tell them all the shitty service you're experiencing and all the times their engineers have visited, and tell them that someone in the faults dept told you that your area is oversubscribed!!

Then ask them for the contact email for Virgin Media's CEO Tom Mockridge.

If you want it, it's..

tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk. 😂😂

Last but not least tell them you're thinking of leaving and going to Sky.

Good luck Max..but.I don't think you'll need it
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 17:03]

virgin internet on 17:01 - Oct 10 with 1872 viewstheloneranger

virgin internet on 16:58 - Oct 10 by theloneranger

Ring Virgin Media and ask to speak to the "Retention" Dept and only them.

This is the only dept that can give discounts and change the prices on your contract.

Tell them all the shitty service you're experiencing and all the times their engineers have visited, and tell them that someone in the faults dept told you that your area is oversubscribed!!

Then ask them for the contact email for Virgin Media's CEO Tom Mockridge.

If you want it, it's..

tom.mockridge@virginmedia.co.uk. 😂😂

Last but not least tell them you're thinking of leaving and going to Sky.

Good luck Max..but.I don't think you'll need it
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 17:03]

Sorry this reply is meant for Swan65 and Lord Bony as well as Max

virgin internet on 18:01 - Oct 10 with 1848 viewsswan65split

virgin internet on 17:01 - Oct 10 by theloneranger

Sorry this reply is meant for Swan65 and Lord Bony as well as Max

Thank you kimosabi .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024