Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham bombings 19:23 - Jan 26 with 4002 viewsperchrockjack

Suspects could be named then . It's been 34 hrs .

These bombers have been protected for all this time

Justice for the 21

[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 19:23]

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Birmingham bombings on 19:54 - Jan 26 with 2355 viewsLohengrin

Don't invest either faith or confidence in the system or outcome, Perch. The victims were white, British working folk.

We are not the politicians priority, we are their bug-bear.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Birmingham bombings on 20:06 - Jan 26 with 2317 viewsperchrockjack

Profoundly upsetting to see the interview with a victim s sister.

No legal aid available to them and no interest from politicians or barristers like Mike Mansfield ,mainly because there s little political mileage in it for them

I'm always rather cynical when terrorists are released because of breach of practice

Since the Irish POWs we're released in 1991 there s been zero interest .

Somebody has covered up the guilt of the perpetrators and Im pretty sure MCguiness would have known the identity of the " soldiers"

Birmingham bombings on 20:11 - Jan 26 with 2301 viewsLohengrin

Birmingham bombings on 20:06 - Jan 26 by perchrockjack

No legal aid available to them and no interest from politicians or barristers like Mike Mansfield ,mainly because there s little political mileage in it for them

I'm always rather cynical when terrorists are released because of breach of practice

Somebody has covered up the guilt of the perpetrators and Im pretty sure MCguiness would have known the identity of the " soldiers"

I'd be tolerably certain that the names have been known to MI5 long since considering how many assets they would appear to have been running within the republican movement.

They won't poke the hornets nest now, nothing will come of it.

Birmingham bombings on 20:24 - Jan 26 with 2255 viewsperchrockjack

I agree Loh.

Birmingham bombings on 20:48 - Jan 26 with 2200 viewspikeypaul

The usual silence from the terrorist loving lefties.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Birmingham bombings on 20:57 - Jan 26 with 2179 viewsbonymine

I was at the Bullring Shopping Centre in Birmingham the DAY BEFORE these bombings with my Grandmother and Aunty shopping I was only 9 years old but it has haunted me ever since thinking that just one day later and we could all have perished ........absolutely frightening and a very sobering thought.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Birmingham bombings on 21:13 - Jan 26 with 2118 viewsexhmrc1

this decision is totally flawed.

Consider the first option the coroner deciding the people originally charged were guilty. Who is the coroner usually a doctor or solicitor to overrule Appeal Court judges. Would there be a new case ordered by the Court of Appeal under the double jeopardy legislation which wasn't even around at the time of the bombings. I really cannot see how these people could be retried in these circumstances.

The other option could be the naming of different suspects. There would then have to be an investigation by the same police force who framed the original suspects in order to obtain a guilty verdict. What signal would that give about our police .tice system
Birmingham bombings on 10:04 - Jan 27 with 1895 viewsperchrockjack

lucky lucky you ,bony mine

These were dark days that for many still remain. What sticks in my gullet is the simple fact bombers were released under good Friday agreement allowing them to get on with their lives .

No doubt Sein Fein IRA sanctioned this hit which makes the sight of Adams,mcguiness hard to handle,as does the expressed support for this by John McDonnell and many other skewed British politicians.

[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 10:05]

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham bombings on 11:36 - Jan 27 with 1836 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Will the police get the right men this time or just frame anyone with an Irish accent.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Birmingham bombings on 13:58 - Jan 27 with 1761 viewsperchrockjack

Hopefully they will.

On the other hand, hopefully the Police won't avoid locking up those with Irish accents ,just because of that accent

Too many Irish accented criminals have blown away OUR people

Fact

Birmingham bombings on 14:27 - Jan 27 with 1723 viewsKilkennyjack

Birmingham bombings on 10:04 - Jan 27 by perchrockjack

lucky lucky you ,bony mine

These were dark days that for many still remain. What sticks in my gullet is the simple fact bombers were released under good Friday agreement allowing them to get on with their lives .

No doubt Sein Fein IRA sanctioned this hit which makes the sight of Adams,mcguiness hard to handle,as does the expressed support for this by John McDonnell and many other skewed British politicians.

[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 10:05]

1991: Birmingham Six freed after 16 years
The Birmingham Six have walked free from jail after their convictions for the murder of 21 people in two pubs were quashed by the Court of Appeal.
Paddy Joe Hill, Hugh Callaghan, Richard McIlkenny, Gerry Hunter, Billy Power and Johnny Walker, who between them have served 96 years for a crime they did not commit, were released onto the streets outside the Old Bailey in London at 1605 GMT.

10 April 1998
The Belfast/ Good Friday Agreement. The Belfast Agreement is also known as the Good Friday Agreement, because it was reached on Good Friday, 10 April 1998. It was an agreement, between the British and Irish governments and most of the political parties in Northern Ireland, about how Northern Ireland should be governed.

These people were not released as part of the GFA.

You appear to be confusing things....?

The people who did this cowardly crime deserve to be jailed for life.

Beware of the Risen People

Birmingham bombings on 14:44 - Jan 27 with 1685 viewslondonlisa2001

Birmingham bombings on 14:27 - Jan 27 by Kilkennyjack

The Birmingham Six have walked free from jail after their convictions for the murder of 21 people in two pubs were quashed by the Court of Appeal.
Paddy Joe Hill, Hugh Callaghan, Richard McIlkenny, Gerry Hunter, Billy Power and Johnny Walker, who between them have served 96 years for a crime they did not commit, were released onto the streets outside the Old Bailey in London at 1605 GMT.

10 April 1998
The Belfast/ Good Friday Agreement. The Belfast Agreement is also known as the Good Friday Agreement, because it was reached on Good Friday, 10 April 1998. It was an agreement, between the British and Irish governments and most of the political parties in Northern Ireland, about how Northern Ireland should be governed.

I met one of the Birmingham Six about 6 months ago.

He has Alzheimer's now. Couldn't help but think he's had two chunks of his life taken away. Once by the disease, and once by being locked up for the crime of being Irish.

The people who did it took away the lives of those 6 as well as the people killed. As did the leadership of the IRA of course who knew damn well they were innocent since they knew who did do it.

An old man now. Sad.

It must never happen again, and the people of all sides who worked tirelessly to create peace should be praised, not criticised by those who weren't around the table.
Birmingham bombings on 15:29 - Jan 27 with 1668 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Birmingham bombings on 14:44 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

He has Alzheimer's now. Couldn't help but think he's had two chunks of his life taken away. Once by the disease, and once by being locked up for the crime of being Irish.

The people who did it took away the lives of those 6 as well as the people killed. As did the leadership of the IRA of course who knew damn well they were innocent since they knew who did do it.

An old man now. Sad.

It must never happen again, and the people of all sides who worked tirelessly to create peace should be praised, not criticised by those who weren't around the table.

Very true

Great post lisa , there’s people all over the world looking for justice because of decisions made by a few deranged individuals to blow up innocents

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Birmingham bombings on 15:58 - Jan 27 with 1630 viewsLohengrin

Birmingham bombings on 14:44 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

An old man now. Sad.

Where did you meet him?

Birmingham bombings on 16:05 - Jan 27 with 1616 viewsperchrockjack

And no more tragic than the thousands killed by IRA bombs .

Sad

And just for having an Irish accent ,eh

Birmingham bombings on 16:06 - Jan 27 with 1606 viewslondonlisa2001

Birmingham bombings on 15:58 - Jan 27 by Lohengrin

Where did you meet him?

I help with a charity that uses the performing arts, (music, dance etc) to help older people with Alzheimer's and younger people with autism. He was an attendee on a programme they were running.
Birmingham bombings on 16:08 - Jan 27 with 1608 viewsLohengrin

Birmingham bombings on 16:06 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

I help with a charity that uses the performing arts, (music, dance etc) to help older people with Alzheimer's and younger people with autism. He was an attendee on a programme they were running.

Fair play. My eldest does some voluntary work with The Alzheimer's Society.

Birmingham bombings on 16:11 - Jan 27 with 1594 viewslondonlisa2001

Birmingham bombings on 16:08 - Jan 27 by Lohengrin

Fair play. My eldest does some voluntary work with The Alzheimer's Society.

There were involved in the programme as well Loh.

Such an awful disease.
Birmingham bombings on 16:16 - Jan 27 with 1589 viewssherpajacob

Birmingham bombings on 14:27 - Jan 27 by Kilkennyjack

10 April 1998

Don't confuse Perch with facts.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Birmingham bombings on 16:21 - Jan 27 with 1579 viewssherpajacob

Terrorists or Prisoners of War.

Which is it?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Birmingham bombings on 16:25 - Jan 27 with 1562 viewsLohengrin

Birmingham bombings on 16:11 - Jan 27 by londonlisa2001

There were involved in the programme as well Loh.

Such an awful disease.

It's awful.

Birmingham bombings on 16:26 - Jan 27 with 1559 viewsperchrockjack

All republican prisoners of wRvmun.
Can't think of any bombers rightly convicted , can you .?

Obvious where people s priorities are on here and they are clearly with those who were fighting the cause .

Birmingham bombings on 17:05 - Jan 27 with 1502 viewslondonlisa2001

Birmingham bombings on 16:26 - Jan 27 by perchrockjack

All republican prisoners of wRvmun.
Can't think of any bombers rightly convicted , can you .?

Obvious where people s priorities are on here and they are clearly with those who were fighting the cause .

Absolute nonsense.

People on here have expressed a desire for the rightful perpetrators of this appalling act to be found, tried and locked up for life.

That doesn't mean that sympathy shouldn't be expressed with those who were wrongly locked up for a large proportion of their adult lives due to the incompetence / outright corruption (you choose) of those investigating at the time.
Birmingham bombings on 17:17 - Jan 27 with 1487 viewsexhmrc1

unlike you people believe in those who were innocent should never have been set up and tried and then wrongly convicted. Those rightly convicted should be punished accordingly. It is no use police just getting anyone it needs to be the right people. Hopefully much of the tactics in your days have now changed under pace. Your dislike of the Irish shines through along with your dislike of the Swansea, Valley and Welsh in general.

Whilst working on relief in Birmingham I was staying opposite the office in the Britannia. There was a programme on TV about these bombings. i looked out of the room and saw the Yard of Ale one of the pubs bombed directly opposite.

The next day I mentioned this in work. One of the boys of Irish descend told me how difficult it was for his family and all Irish people at the time. There was suspicion on anyone Irish even most clearly had nothing to do with the bombings.

These were innocent people who also suffered for years following the bombings.
Birmingham bombings on 17:24 - Jan 27 with 1482 viewsperchrockjack

What I see is mass outrage at those found " not guilty" or sentences quashed but none for those blown to pieces

We ve got plenty of racist posters amongst our Plaid posters who also espouse the Irish independent island of Ireland cause .

Those who supporting the Irish cause must ask themselves questions .

The IRA was feted by many on this mainland .

Who s gonna show support for the bombings victims in the same way as Corbyn etc cwtched up to Sein Fein and their killers .

Sickening

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024