Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be honest 21:18 - Nov 12 with 3510 viewsbuilthjack

If back in August you were told we would be equal 6th going into the World Cup break, would you have been happy?
I would have been.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Be honest on 21:59 - Nov 12 with 1267 viewsFireboy2

You already know I never believe anything you say 😉
Be honest on 22:24 - Nov 12 with 1244 viewsBoundy

I would as well but 2 and half months on since August can you be happy with recent results and dare I say certain performances ? ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Be honest on 22:31 - Nov 12 with 1235 viewsbuilthjack

Be honest on 22:24 - Nov 12 by Boundy

I would as well but 2 and half months on since August can you be happy with recent results and dare I say certain performances ? ,

Is it 2 defeats in the last 11 games.?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Be honest on 22:38 - Nov 12 with 1230 viewsbuilthjack

Be honest on 21:59 - Nov 12 by Fireboy2

You already know I never believe anything you say 😉

I would have been happy.
Some of our “fans” think we should be walking this league. Deluded they are.

Be honest on 22:48 - Nov 12 with 1221 viewscimlaswan

8th would have been fine with me which is where we are.
Be honest on 23:13 - Nov 12 with 1194 viewsCatullus

Be honest on 22:38 - Nov 12 by builthjack

I would have been happy.
Some of our “fans” think we should be walking this league. Deluded they are.

It's not fair to ask that question though. Not now. Yes back in pre season I would have been happy with our position but here we are and to be entirely honest, we should be doing better.

We don't have the best suad but we have a top 6 suad, in my opinion. That's taking into account the teams around us more than saying we have a good squad, there is a lot of dross in this divisin this season.

Then look back at some performances and the points we've dropped vesus the points we gained, I think we should have 3-4 more points at least Millwall, Wigan, Sheff Utd....today. But how many games have we taken points from that we think we didn't deserve?

So no, we shouldn't be walking this league but ually, we should be doing a bit better. take todays game, frst half was really poor again, in an attacking sense, we were pedestrian, no cutting edge. Much better in the second, why do we so often only play for 45 minutes?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Be honest on 23:15 - Nov 12 with 1192 viewsFireboy2

Be honest on 23:13 - Nov 12 by Catullus

It's not fair to ask that question though. Not now. Yes back in pre season I would have been happy with our position but here we are and to be entirely honest, we should be doing better.

We don't have the best suad but we have a top 6 suad, in my opinion. That's taking into account the teams around us more than saying we have a good squad, there is a lot of dross in this divisin this season.

Then look back at some performances and the points we've dropped vesus the points we gained, I think we should have 3-4 more points at least Millwall, Wigan, Sheff Utd....today. But how many games have we taken points from that we think we didn't deserve?

So no, we shouldn't be walking this league but ually, we should be doing a bit better. take todays game, frst half was really poor again, in an attacking sense, we were pedestrian, no cutting edge. Much better in the second, why do we so often only play for 45 minutes?

As per a well balanced post but I am biased 😉
Be honest on 23:19 - Nov 12 with 1185 viewsonehunglow

It’s not meant to be fair simp,y to make us feel better

Our coach says we were dominant . We were against Brum and Wigan.

Three draws and we look for bright sparks

Understandable really

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Be honest on 23:28 - Nov 12 with 1179 viewsbuilthjack

We are equal 6th. Other clubs fans will say that their team should be higher too.

Be honest on 23:32 - Nov 12 with 1176 viewsCatullus

Be honest on 23:28 - Nov 12 by builthjack

We are equal 6th. Other clubs fans will say that their team should be higher too.

We are 8th having managed 2 points from 2 teams in the relegation zone. Look where Millwall are, 6th and were much better than them but for the final 10 minutes when we threw the 2 points away.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Be honest on 23:37 - Nov 12 with 1173 viewsbuilthjack

Be honest on 23:32 - Nov 12 by Catullus

We are 8th having managed 2 points from 2 teams in the relegation zone. Look where Millwall are, 6th and were much better than them but for the final 10 minutes when we threw the 2 points away.

We have lost 2 in our last 11.
Yes, could be doing better.
But could be far worse.
We are 3 or 4 players short of being a top 2 team.
We have made handsome profits on transfers. Others have spent.

Be honest on 23:50 - Nov 12 with 1166 viewsCatullus

Be honest on 23:37 - Nov 12 by builthjack

We have lost 2 in our last 11.
Yes, could be doing better.
But could be far worse.
We are 3 or 4 players short of being a top 2 team.
We have made handsome profits on transfers. Others have spent.

The majority havent spent much though. Only the relegated teams have the money to spend as long as they have parachute payments, the rest of us are pretty much broke.

Our biggest gain was keeping Piroe and Oba.

We brought in an allegedly decent wing back on loan (Finn Stevens) yet we dont give him a go, we keep playing Latibeaudiere out of position and he gives us hardly anything, he has no pace, he can't beat a man and he cannot cross.

We made our 3/4 guaranteed mistakes today and luckiky Hudds are so poor because a better team would probably have punished us.

Be honest on 01:18 - Nov 13 with 1134 viewsKeithHaynes

Be honest on 22:31 - Nov 12 by builthjack

Is it 2 defeats in the last 11 games.?

The real issue is of course we should be higher, better and more revered.
In some peoples eyes.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Be honest on 10:27 - Nov 13 with 1033 viewsRichardO

After the good run of games expectations had been raised, those expectations are now lowly but still hopeful.
Didn't we have our best run of games after Latibeaudie got injured?
And didn't it's end coincide with Manning injury.
Martin really need to look at what worked and what doesn't.
Be honest on 10:33 - Nov 13 with 1027 viewsjack247

Yes absolutely.

This is reminiscent of later on in the second Cooper season. We were higher up the table (I think in the top two) but performances and results had started to slide and we could see we would slide down the table if we didn’t improve.

We’re not in a false position, but we’re in one we won’t maintain if we can’t find a way past teams like Huddersfield and Wigan.

Dropping points to weak teams now and then is acceptable. When it becomes a habit it’s a problem.
Be honest on 10:38 - Nov 13 with 1017 viewsWhiterockin

This league is so tight points wise with matches won, lost or drawn by fine margins, the league position can change massively very quickly. We are in the mix that's all we can ask for.
Be honest on 11:15 - Nov 13 with 972 viewsonehunglow

Be honest on 10:38 - Nov 13 by Whiterockin

This league is so tight points wise with matches won, lost or drawn by fine margins, the league position can change massively very quickly. We are in the mix that's all we can ask for.

It’s what pulls my chain,frankly.
Play more direct,end the pointless passing,deploy Oxi Flexy and we can destroy teams .
We have a terrific young keeper and just need to give him some support

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Be honest on 11:42 - Nov 13 with 943 viewsjack247

Be honest on 11:15 - Nov 13 by onehunglow

It’s what pulls my chain,frankly.
Play more direct,end the pointless passing,deploy Oxi Flexy and we can destroy teams .
We have a terrific young keeper and just need to give him some support

How do we play direct against teams who put everyone behind the ball? Serious question
Be honest on 11:51 - Nov 13 with 932 viewsmart66

Be honest on 11:42 - Nov 13 by jack247

How do we play direct against teams who put everyone behind the ball? Serious question

By stretching them.

Play width and pace, fast passes of all lengths switching attacks from side to side pulling them out of position. Shoot from long range and take advantage of the bodies in front. Have someone such as Obafemi playing on the shoulder of the defensive line making it difficult for them to step out to meet the width, the second they do then play behind the line directly.

What we should not do, is play 3 yard passes back and forth to each other incredibly slowly, in a central position allowing the opposition to remain in their rigid positions. In those instances Russell seems mildly relieved that the possession and pass numbers are guaranteed despite the chances of winning not being increased.

For anyone who says they can see what he’s trying to do. Well the last game he said we played “brilliantly”. What he is trying to get us playing like is what we saw against Huddersfield and it was horrendous.

Official Intellectual Property of Dr P. Registered Trademark.

Be honest on 12:01 - Nov 13 with 917 viewsjack247

Be honest on 11:51 - Nov 13 by mart66

By stretching them.

Play width and pace, fast passes of all lengths switching attacks from side to side pulling them out of position. Shoot from long range and take advantage of the bodies in front. Have someone such as Obafemi playing on the shoulder of the defensive line making it difficult for them to step out to meet the width, the second they do then play behind the line directly.

What we should not do, is play 3 yard passes back and forth to each other incredibly slowly, in a central position allowing the opposition to remain in their rigid positions. In those instances Russell seems mildly relieved that the possession and pass numbers are guaranteed despite the chances of winning not being increased.

For anyone who says they can see what he’s trying to do. Well the last game he said we played “brilliantly”. What he is trying to get us playing like is what we saw against Huddersfield and it was horrendous.

Welcome back
Be honest on 12:04 - Nov 13 with 906 viewsmart66

Be honest on 12:01 - Nov 13 by jack247

Welcome back

Thank you.

Be honest on 12:04 - Nov 13 with 906 viewsbuilthjack

Be honest on 12:01 - Nov 13 by jack247

Welcome back

Are mart6 and mart66 the same poster?

Be honest on 12:14 - Nov 13 with 891 viewsRichardO

Against defensive teams we have tried to use our play to try create gaps out wide but are using players out wide who can't exploit any one on one's.
If you use players who cannot commit defenders players out wide you are not going to get space in the middle, conversely if you don't drive forward or shoot from edge of the box you don't create space out wide.
Cundle drove into the box miscued but caused enough havoc for Cooper to score, Naughton drove forward we get a penalty.
We are not prepared(until it is too late) to have one on one's in an attacking sense but seem happy to be expose our defenders to one on one's against them because our attacking midfielders end up helping the WB out wide meaning our defensive midfielder have to commit forward leaving the defence exposed.
Be honest on 13:07 - Nov 13 with 864 viewsFireboy2

Be honest on 11:51 - Nov 13 by mart66

By stretching them.

That's all good and well if we have pace, apart from oko flex there is no one so we are stymied on that one unfortunately.

Shoot from long range? Yesterday we hardly had a glimmer of a chance to shoot as Huddersfield set up well and when we did they closed us down quickly.

What we should have done which we did briefly earlier in the season was to get the ball through to obafemi, there were several times when grimes especially had the chance but turned back and passed sideways.

I get keeping the ball tires teams out but we should now and again mix it up the keep the opposition guessing, as I've said previously when we did it earlier in the season it paid off.

Let's hope that Martin works on this during the wc break as it's getting very frustrating watching martinball 1, bring back mattinball 2 please.
Be honest on 13:13 - Nov 13 with 859 viewsmart66

Be honest on 13:07 - Nov 13 by Fireboy2

That's all good and well if we have pace, apart from oko flex there is no one so we are stymied on that one unfortunately.

Shoot from long range? Yesterday we hardly had a glimmer of a chance to shoot as Huddersfield set up well and when we did they closed us down quickly.

What we should have done which we did briefly earlier in the season was to get the ball through to obafemi, there were several times when grimes especially had the chance but turned back and passed sideways.

I get keeping the ball tires teams out but we should now and again mix it up the keep the opposition guessing, as I've said previously when we did it earlier in the season it paid off.

Let's hope that Martin works on this during the wc break as it's getting very frustrating watching martinball 1, bring back mattinball 2 please.

Thats through choice and design though, anyone with pace has either been phased out of the squad or has been shunned altogether.

Oko-Flex is incredibly direct, a defenders nightmare. The more direct he is, the more annoyed Martin gets with him. Pretty much everyone Martin falls out with has a direct football mentality. That’s because his ideas and their skillset do not align, there is a clear clash and there is no room for compromise.

When we do play direct, Obafemi shines as he plays on the shoulder of the defender and gets passes fed to him by Piroe, Grimes, Pato (when he’s allowed to play) and even Cabango. When we play short at all costs, that’s when Oba is largely ineffective.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024