Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hay Festival programme for 2019 16:36 - Mar 28 with 1193 viewsLohengrin

Thursday 23rd May - Sunday 2nd June. Something here for absolutely everybody. One of the World’s great cultural festivals and it’s right on our doorstep.

Don’t miss out...

https://www.hayfestival.com/wales/home

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 18:29 - Mar 28 with 1128 viewslonglostjack

Well worth a visit, followed by a nice pint in the Half Moon on the way back.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 18:45 - Mar 28 with 1114 viewsThrasher6

Working class.....just to get everyone seeing it....this literary festival is fantastic.......really out of the box fantastic.....but it is by it's nature...a middle class event. It would be good to see people from the nearby valleys.....people who are working class having a say here. There is a disconnect between the Wye Valley crowd....and ordinary working class people....not too far away.....but enough for them....'not to be an issue'

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 19:15 - Mar 28 with 1088 viewsDarran

Fair play there’s lots of celebrities there isn’t there,who the fuçk are they? 🤷🏻‍♂️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 19:26 - Mar 28 with 1077 viewslonglostjack

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 19:15 - Mar 28 by Darran

Fair play there’s lots of celebrities there isn’t there,who the fuçk are they? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have a word with the organizers mun. Not too late to get your name down. 😉

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 19:47 - Mar 28 with 1060 viewsbuilthjack

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 19:15 - Mar 28 by Darran

I will be there. Not far to go

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 20:35 - Mar 28 with 1031 viewsdickythorpe

Joana Lumley is there.
Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 20:45 - Mar 28 with 1020 viewscontroversial_jack

It's great.went last year and listened to a talk by Gordon Brown on Brexit and some American author on the effect of Russians agricultural reforms on the Ukraine and the starvation and poverty that it brought.
Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 21:18 - Mar 28 with 994 viewsDr_Winston

Hay's a lovely spot. The Wye Valley in general really.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 21:29 - Mar 28 with 985 viewsdickythorpe

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 18:29 - Mar 28 by longlostjack

Well worth a visit, followed by a nice pint in the Half Moon on the way back.

Whereabouts is the Half Moon?
Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 16:25 - Mar 29 with 863 viewsLohengrin

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 18:45 - Mar 28 by Thrasher6

Working class.....just to get everyone seeing it....this literary festival is fantastic.......really out of the box fantastic.....but it is by it's nature...a middle class event. It would be good to see people from the nearby valleys.....people who are working class having a say here. There is a disconnect between the Wye Valley crowd....and ordinary working class people....not too far away.....but enough for them....'not to be an issue'

One of the main organisers/compères is Dai Smith, mun! The subject matter is, as always, as far-ranging as could be.

There’s nothing classist about the Festival, it’s an opportunity for everybody from whatever background to ‘know’ a little more today than they did the day before. It’s about broadening horizons, my friend, and that’s about as close to an absolute good as you’re likely to get.

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 16:29 - Mar 29 with 862 viewsGreatBritton

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 16:25 - Mar 29 by Lohengrin

One of the main organisers/compères is Dai Smith, mun! The subject matter is, as always, as far-ranging as could be.

There’s nothing classist about the Festival, it’s an opportunity for everybody from whatever background to ‘know’ a little more today than they did the day before. It’s about broadening horizons, my friend, and that’s about as close to an absolute good as you’re likely to get.

I appeared there a few years ago (many years ago, if i'm a tad more truthful) and since I was there for the whole shebang I got to see scores of events. It was fantastic. Apart from Will Self, who was a royal pain.
Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 16:44 - Mar 29 with 852 viewsLohengrin

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 16:29 - Mar 29 by GreatBritton

I appeared there a few years ago (many years ago, if i'm a tad more truthful) and since I was there for the whole shebang I got to see scores of events. It was fantastic. Apart from Will Self, who was a royal pain.

Ah! good for you. That’s brilliant. I was probably there wandering about with a stack of books under my arm. I’d have stood you a pint.

Will Self? I can easily believe it. He was probably high as a kite at the time, if we’re talking twenty years ago?

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 16:48 - Mar 29 with 849 viewsunion_jack

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 20:35 - Mar 28 by dickythorpe

Joana Lumley is there.

Don’t put people off Dicky!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 17:08 - Mar 29 with 836 viewslifelong

I have strong family ties with Hay, spent a lot of time there when a young lad.. lovely area.
Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 23:17 - Mar 29 with 778 viewslonglostjack

Hay Festival programme for 2019 on 21:29 - Mar 28 by dickythorpe

Whereabouts is the Half Moon?

Llanthony. I recommend the show too. Normally the first week of August. Highlight always the boys doing the rodeo on the mountain ponies.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 23:25]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024