Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Silverstein - ATFV 20:58 - Aug 9 with 2623 viewsBillyChong

https://atfv.co.uk/2020/08/jake-silverstein-welcome-addition-or-another-american

Silverstein - ATFV on 21:53 - Aug 9 with 2558 viewsBadlands

What an unadulterated load od bull.
'As ever with this disastrous ownership of Swansea City all that glitters is not gold.' Finishing in the play-offs of the scantier has only been bettered on 14 occasions two of those relegation from the top league.
The last time we relegated from the top league we spiralled out of control the pitch, in the board room and financially.
Ask the 86 teams below us who are in the EFL or have fallen out since the 60s if we have disastrous ownership.
'The club owes significant sums of money to a bunch of capitalist chancers on who knows what repayment terms and on what sort of interest rate'
There is no evidence these people are chancers. In fact their background shows a very different picture. Interest rates? Easy to work out from financial reports
https://financialfootballnews.com/swansea-citys-2019-finances-relegation-pains/
(ps this independent report states, 'Swansea are a financially stable club run incredibly well with minimal debt and decent cash reserves.')
This has led to net debt falling from £14.2m to only £1.6m, meaning Swansea are essentially debt free, a great position to find themselves in following relegation which could have led to a much worse financial position.
.... has led to net debt falling from £14.2m to only £1.6m, meaning Swansea are essentially debt free, a great position to find themselves in following relegation which could have led to a much worse financial position.')
Interest rates on Silverstein loan was reported as being similar to bank loan rates.

'The nightmare scenario that many have warned about all along, the dilution of the Trust out of existence therefore completing the robbery of a £20m stake off the FANS, will come to pass'
The issues with the trust are well documented but 'nightmare'! As a former member of the Trust I can say I never felt they represented me and they are as far as many fans concerned just another shareholder ... one that is both ineffective and at times embarrassingly amateur.
If they had wanted the £20 million they shouldn't have stated no sale at any cost when Jenkins was looking to bring in new owners. Had the trust, at that point been supportive of a sale more offers would have been made ... who wants to buy a club that they won't fully own?
There was no, 'many have warned about all along' as Trevor Birch informed us that this was one route forward to raising additional finance.
So if you want to keep the club 'in fans' hands' start coming up with the cash.
I'm sure I'll get the usual comments about being a sell out, part of the ownership or just an apologist for the Americans but pointing out the absurdity of your comments makes me none of those.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Silverstein - ATFV on 22:03 - Aug 9 with 2551 viewsmonmouth

Silverstein - ATFV on 21:53 - Aug 9 by Badlands

What an unadulterated load od bull.
'As ever with this disastrous ownership of Swansea City all that glitters is not gold.' Finishing in the play-offs of the scantier has only been bettered on 14 occasions two of those relegation from the top league.
The last time we relegated from the top league we spiralled out of control the pitch, in the board room and financially.
Ask the 86 teams below us who are in the EFL or have fallen out since the 60s if we have disastrous ownership.
'The club owes significant sums of money to a bunch of capitalist chancers on who knows what repayment terms and on what sort of interest rate'
There is no evidence these people are chancers. In fact their background shows a very different picture. Interest rates? Easy to work out from financial reports
https://financialfootballnews.com/swansea-citys-2019-finances-relegation-pains/
(ps this independent report states, 'Swansea are a financially stable club run incredibly well with minimal debt and decent cash reserves.')
This has led to net debt falling from £14.2m to only £1.6m, meaning Swansea are essentially debt free, a great position to find themselves in following relegation which could have led to a much worse financial position.
.... has led to net debt falling from £14.2m to only £1.6m, meaning Swansea are essentially debt free, a great position to find themselves in following relegation which could have led to a much worse financial position.')
Interest rates on Silverstein loan was reported as being similar to bank loan rates.

'The nightmare scenario that many have warned about all along, the dilution of the Trust out of existence therefore completing the robbery of a £20m stake off the FANS, will come to pass'
The issues with the trust are well documented but 'nightmare'! As a former member of the Trust I can say I never felt they represented me and they are as far as many fans concerned just another shareholder ... one that is both ineffective and at times embarrassingly amateur.
If they had wanted the £20 million they shouldn't have stated no sale at any cost when Jenkins was looking to bring in new owners. Had the trust, at that point been supportive of a sale more offers would have been made ... who wants to buy a club that they won't fully own?
There was no, 'many have warned about all along' as Trevor Birch informed us that this was one route forward to raising additional finance.
So if you want to keep the club 'in fans' hands' start coming up with the cash.
I'm sure I'll get the usual comments about being a sell out, part of the ownership or just an apologist for the Americans but pointing out the absurdity of your comments makes me none of those.

“If they had wanted the £20 million they shouldn't have stated no sale at any cost when Jenkins was looking to bring in new owners. Had the trust, at that point been supportive of a sale more offers would have been made ... who wants to buy a club that they won't fully own?“

Now that really is a pile of total horseshit

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Silverstein - ATFV on 23:21 - Aug 9 with 2493 viewstheloneranger

... "who wants to buy a club that they won't fully own?"

Obviously, Jason and Steve did! 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Silverstein - ATFV on 12:47 - Aug 10 with 2281 viewsBadlands

Silverstein - ATFV on 22:03 - Aug 9 by monmouth

“If they had wanted the £20 million they shouldn't have stated no sale at any cost when Jenkins was looking to bring in new owners. Had the trust, at that point been supportive of a sale more offers would have been made ... who wants to buy a club that they won't fully own?“

Now that really is a pile of total horseshit

Reported several times in the press.
Look it up.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Silverstein - ATFV on 14:04 - Aug 10 with 2259 viewsHumpty

Silverstein - ATFV on 12:47 - Aug 10 by Badlands

Look it up.

The Trust have explicitly stated that isn't true, that they did not rule out any sale whatsoever.

IIRC anyway.
Silverstein - ATFV on 14:17 - Aug 10 with 2247 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Silverstein - ATFV on 12:47 - Aug 10 by Badlands

Look it up.

Don't believe everything you read from journalists in the pocket of the storytellers.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Silverstein - ATFV on 15:03 - Aug 10 with 2214 viewschad

We cannot pretend this was not said as, it is a matter of clear record...

Swansea City director Huw Cooze is hopeful the club will receive American investment but insists the Supporters' Trust shares are not for sale.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31489913

"The Americans and our own shareholders know the Supporters' Trust shares are not for sale.” added Cooze, the supporters' trust representative on the Swansea board.

"They never will be and they appreciate that, and we will work with them if it (the deal) happens.”

But wasn’t that in relation to the situation at the time of the initial attempted sale? The position we were put in at the time of the secrets and lies sellout was very different and left us with no viable alternative,

–––––––––-

Jinx...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29979755

”This needs to be considered in more detail before any of our supporters can decide if the thought of a new person or people sitting on our current board of directors to offer help and opinions on the future running of our football club is a good move or not.”

"Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Silverstein - ATFV on 16:38 - Aug 11 with 1980 viewsBillyChong

Silverstein - ATFV on 15:03 - Aug 10 by chad

We cannot pretend this was not said as, it is a matter of clear record...

Swansea City director Huw Cooze is hopeful the club will receive American investment but insists the Supporters' Trust shares are not for sale.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31489913

"The Americans and our own shareholders know the Supporters' Trust shares are not for sale.” added Cooze, the supporters' trust representative on the Swansea board.

"They never will be and they appreciate that, and we will work with them if it (the deal) happens.”

But wasn’t that in relation to the situation at the time of the initial attempted sale? The position we were put in at the time of the secrets and lies sellout was very different and left us with no viable alternative,

–––––––––-

Jinx...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29979755

”This needs to be considered in more detail before any of our supporters can decide if the thought of a new person or people sitting on our current board of directors to offer help and opinions on the future running of our football club is a good move or not.”

"Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

That last paragraph is astounding. Pure barefaced lies.
Login to get fewer ads

Silverstein - ATFV on 17:54 - Aug 11 with 1941 viewsFlash

Silverstein - ATFV on 16:38 - Aug 11 by BillyChong

That last paragraph is astounding. Pure barefaced lies.

So does this mean that the Trust board knew everything about the takeover and decided not to sell their shares ? If so, what is the point of any legal action ?
Silverstein - ATFV on 18:11 - Aug 11 with 1933 viewslondonlisa2001

Silverstein - ATFV on 17:54 - Aug 11 by Flash

So does this mean that the Trust board knew everything about the takeover and decided not to sell their shares ? If so, what is the point of any legal action ?

Nope.

The quote was about a sale to the previous American consortium, not this one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024