Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
anyone honest enough on here 21:03 - Sep 23 with 539 viewsonehunglow

to admit that what they post is not always genuine or really how they view the world.

Anyone honest enough to admit to making posts purely to confuse and confound.

There is no way of proving what one posts is genuine or not;only the poster knows.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

anyone honest enough on here on 21:22 - Sep 23 with 517 viewsItchySphincter

There no nuance. If someone doesn’t agree with a point they’re automatically assumed to be politically opposed on every issue.

Satire is dead, a lost art, and anyone who takes a poke at the establishment is labelled a leftist liberal snowflake, etc, etc, or something. Fell free to add. It’s quite okay to disagree on somethings but it doesn’t mean we have to disagree on everything. It’s the same with football. We all see different things in some players but at other times we see the same things in other players.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

anyone honest enough on here on 21:32 - Sep 23 with 495 viewsFlashberryjack

anyone honest enough on here on 21:22 - Sep 23 by ItchySphincter

There no nuance. If someone doesn’t agree with a point they’re automatically assumed to be politically opposed on every issue.

Satire is dead, a lost art, and anyone who takes a poke at the establishment is labelled a leftist liberal snowflake, etc, etc, or something. Fell free to add. It’s quite okay to disagree on somethings but it doesn’t mean we have to disagree on everything. It’s the same with football. We all see different things in some players but at other times we see the same things in other players.

Exactly, if you think "All lives matter" you're a racist.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

anyone honest enough on here on 21:37 - Sep 23 with 489 viewsItchySphincter

anyone honest enough on here on 21:32 - Sep 23 by Flashberryjack

Exactly, if you think "All lives matter" you're a racist.

Of course all lives matter, I thought that was the point.

anyone honest enough on here on 21:59 - Sep 23 with 455 viewsFlashberryjack

anyone honest enough on here on 21:37 - Sep 23 by ItchySphincter

Of course all lives matter, I thought that was the point.

Someone on here called me a maggot for saying that.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

anyone honest enough on here on 23:34 - Sep 23 with 417 viewsDr_Parnassus

There is not a single post of mine that is posted without me firmly believing it. That was the point I made not so long ago to you.

The ones that have genuine and well thought out opinions will be more than willing to discuss them, those that have made a stance or opinion without really thinking about it tend to come unstuck when asked a direct question about it. That’s when threads usually descend into chaos.

Take these political debates for instance, online just mirrors real life. If someone doesn’t understand or want to accept a point you have made they automatically say “racist!” or “fascist!”... without even knowing what those words mean half the time. It’s a verbal escape card.

The sooner we can get back to actual debate on here where if someone disagrees with you they are compelled to explain why, the better.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

anyone honest enough on here on 06:04 - Sep 24 with 365 viewsItchySphincter

anyone honest enough on here on 21:59 - Sep 23 by Flashberryjack

Someone on here called me a maggot for saying that.

I've never called anyone a maggot in my life but I've been called worse on here. I know I've said this before but context is important. Someone could say one simple thing but it could have polarised connotations depending on context, especially in the example that you have cited.

anyone honest enough on here on 08:06 - Sep 24 with 332 viewsDr_Parnassus

anyone honest enough on here on 06:04 - Sep 24 by ItchySphincter

I've never called anyone a maggot in my life but I've been called worse on here. I know I've said this before but context is important. Someone could say one simple thing but it could have polarised connotations depending on context, especially in the example that you have cited.

Those connotations only exist however because one side wanted to push a single faceted narrative and that went against what it wanted to achieve, so they pretended it was a polarising comment. Anything visual that they think detracts from the narrative they want to push they pretend is polarising.

It started with the MAGA hat and they haven’t looked back since, hence why racism and white supremacy is thrown around so easy, it’s almost second nature to try and tar someone or something with those pejoratives now. Even the American flag and anthem are now trying to be put under the ever widening and encompassing racist bracket

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

anyone honest enough on here on 10:04 - Sep 24 with 288 viewsonehunglow

My point is that without knowing the poster personally.we really do not know what might be in their mind nor the rationale behind a comment.

Looking at twitter,if tweets are taken at face value,fully70% of this country is sclinically insane.

It's like omeone in the flesh saying things like,"Im not racist ..." ,"to be honest with you"-normally a preface to a bare faced lie

Login to get fewer ads

anyone honest enough on here on 10:19 - Sep 24 with 278 viewsCatullus

I have sometimes posted a "devil's advocate" opinion but generally if I post something I believe it. If I'm not sure I usually put it in question form.

When I say I am not a racist though, there is no bare faced lie to follow. I don't treat anybody differently because of their colour.

If/when I realise anyone on here is playing games I try to not get involved.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

anyone honest enough on here on 10:28 - Sep 24 with 271 viewsonehunglow

Cat.You're turning out to be my second favourite poster .

I 'll admit to creating characters purely to antagonise/annoy but mainly to burst the grotesque egos that see themselves as all knowing all seeing smart arses. This is a chat room ffs,not the Oxford Union.

Christ,it seemed we have enough internet "talent" with accountants,It experts,engineers,city traders and even our revered ,much loved Barristers/Solicitors on tap-enough talent to have taken over our club and save it from the Yanks

Honest to God ,Guv.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024