Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A fundamental choice 11:12 - Sep 29 with 501 viewsCatullus

Apparently a leading think tank says the government has a fundamental choice, either to commit to years of higher public spending or to choose more austerity.

Having experienced the effects of austerity, the cuts to services, fewer police and rising crime, longer NHS waiting lists, schools failing and all the while the rich managing to get richer surely this government has to commit to the extra spending?

This is Bojo's time, does he stand up to be counted or does he run and hide with his rich friends?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A fundamental choice on 11:40 - Sep 29 with 482 viewsBest_loser

Taxes are going up

That's a given
A fundamental choice on 11:49 - Sep 29 with 470 viewsCatullus

A fundamental choice on 11:40 - Sep 29 by Best_loser

Taxes are going up

That's a given

Thereby lays an issue, many will have lost jobs. Some businesses (corporate ginats like Amazon) will always use times like this to their advantage. The government needs to increase revenue but tax income will drop so the rates will have to rise. Who do they hit hardest?

I think we know the answer because it's nearly always the same, the lowest earners. The rich will still be coining it in and the rest of us will have to pay. If they commit to higher spending the taxes will be that much higher.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

A fundamental choice on 11:50 - Sep 29 with 467 viewsA_Fans_Dad

" does he stand up to be counted or does he run and hide with his rich friends"

If he stands up to be counted he will make the same hash of it as everything else.
If anybody can do it, it will be his support team and I don't have much faith in them either.
A fundamental choice on 11:58 - Sep 29 with 464 viewsCatullus

A fundamental choice on 11:50 - Sep 29 by A_Fans_Dad

" does he stand up to be counted or does he run and hide with his rich friends"

If he stands up to be counted he will make the same hash of it as everything else.
If anybody can do it, it will be his support team and I don't have much faith in them either.

Well maybe, but, at least if he raises public spending he will be making a hash of trying to do the right thing. Better that than make a hash of more cuts to services!

A fundamental choice on 13:52 - Sep 29 with 442 viewsProfessor

A fundamental choice on 11:58 - Sep 29 by Catullus

Well maybe, but, at least if he raises public spending he will be making a hash of trying to do the right thing. Better that than make a hash of more cuts to services!

Tax will have to rise. Fully expect freeze on allowances for five years and perhaps a rise to higher rate payments. End to some protections of pension incomes. Will have to be weighted towards higher incomes.
A fundamental choice on 15:17 - Sep 29 with 422 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Well schools were hardly failing judging by exam pass rates which increased just about every year in the last 10 plus an increasing % of of students going to university.

NHS spending always increased by at least inflation and most years by more than inflation which has led to record numbers of patients being treated.
NHS in Scotland and Wales fell behind a bit but that was devolved.
Unemployment fell by well over a million and a record number of people in work over the last ten years.

It is true there were some cut backs but too many public bodies were ovemanned and overstaffed unwilling to embrace change and efficiency savings. Plus too many council leaders on huge salaries they would not get in private sector.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

A fundamental choice on 16:24 - Sep 29 with 383 viewsbritferry

Bojo won't be there much longer, he looks shot

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

A fundamental choice on 11:23 - Oct 3 with 298 viewsNortbankboy

Well they are making a start like true tories
Taking the tv licence off the over 75
Plus they are looking at the triple lock pension.
Winter fuel allowance nxt.
Then they will take the milk off the kids in school
Login to get fewer ads

A fundamental choice on 13:03 - Oct 3 with 271 viewsonehunglow

What,kids drinking milk in school.Cow's milk. That ll shatter those with lactic intolerance.

Over 75s dont need a free tv licence. Many now shun it and not surprising when Reality Shows with narcisistic jerks are pre-eminent in entertainment. I got a mother in law whos housebound ,93 yrs old and hardly watches it prefering to read.

Winter fuel should be means tested. I receive it and dont really need it .We donate it to cancer research.

What we need to do,a Ive aid countless times is bin class war.True Tories?.What true Labour when its at home.

Just finsihed a book about the Blair Years afyer previous reading the Campbell diaries. Labour -my arse-.

We are a divided country.

Those rich/wealthy,/privileged public school barstards think they are better than everyone else and the workers are happy to proclaim they are "lower" class and swallow the bullshyte whole.

Let nobody be classed by anyone or you're damned

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024