Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Spain is this a Problem ? 22:59 - Apr 24 with 474 viewsKeithHaynes

Some bloke coughing on people and not conforming to the rules.
Any opinions on his sentence if found guilty ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56874018

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 23:04 - Apr 24 with 467 viewsCatullus

Yes, lock him up for at least 3 months.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 23:15 - Apr 24 with 459 viewsBoundy

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 23:04 - Apr 24 by Catullus

Yes, lock him up for at least 3 months.

Despite the fact that no one developed serious symptoms the guy didn't know that when he infected them if in the UK could he have been charged with wounding with intent , if so that's few years not months inside

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 23:34 - Apr 24 with 448 viewsmax936

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 23:15 - Apr 24 by Boundy

Despite the fact that no one developed serious symptoms the guy didn't know that when he infected them if in the UK could he have been charged with wounding with intent , if so that's few years not months inside

Just why the feck anyone would want to travel abroad right now, baffles the feck out of me, stay safe and keep within your limits/boundary's
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 23:34]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 08:24 - Apr 25 with 387 viewsfelixstowe_jack

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 23:34 - Apr 24 by max936

Just why the feck anyone would want to travel abroad right now, baffles the feck out of me, stay safe and keep within your limits/boundary's
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 23:34]

Stay in the UK, spend your money in the UK, boost jobs in the UK, buy British goods after all the EU does not want us. The EU has still ratified the trade deal we agreed last December.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 08:46 - Apr 25 with 377 viewsonehunglow

and in this country ,many still do not wash their hands after using a toilet,flout openly distancing and refuse to wear masks.

These are the sort of people who deny the figures are so high and reckon this virus is made to look worse than it is as a means of controlling us.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 10:21 - Apr 25 with 345 viewsCatullus

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 23:15 - Apr 24 by Boundy

He can't be punished for what didn't happen though. If people had become seriously ill, lets say someone died, I'd be saying charge him with murder.

As it stands though he's guilty of what? Common assault maybe? Over here that could see him get community service and a curfew imposed.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 10:48 - Apr 25 with 331 viewsKeithHaynes

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 10:21 - Apr 25 by Catullus

He can't be punished for what didn't happen though. If people had become seriously ill, lets say someone died, I'd be saying charge him with murder.

As it stands though he's guilty of what? Common assault maybe? Over here that could see him get community service and a curfew imposed.

The spanish judicial system is very unpredictable, could be he goes to jail or does community service. Here though community service is all day every day bar Sunday's 8- 1 then 4-7. So if you get a years community service it’s a whole year. Most go to second hand yards, up cycle furniture, build kitchen cabinets and learn new skills plus an intervention class every day. It’s a good system. Could be different in other provinces but here it works well. Plus the total shame on the family which is a big thing here, that’s the worst problem.

The biggest issue though is drink driving, the enforcement is high but so many do it. That’s ok until you get captured, depending on the levels it’s 200 - 400 euro first offence, or jail for those very high. Second time banned, fined, short period of time in jail etc. Third time jail. 8 months compulsory or do a year community service which most elect for. If you kill someone and and you are at the scene the police arrest you and you go straight to jail. No arguments. The minimum sentence is fifteen years, there no bargaining or trial. If someone is dead and you are pissed, that’s it, it’s over. If you do go to court it’s to keep the sentence at fifteen years, if you choose to do that the sentence usually goes up. Happened to a bloke here two years ago, he got twenty years for ‘killing’ a young kid on a pushbike.

System is still dodgy though. Borderline corrupt at that the top.

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 11:11 - Apr 25 with 321 viewsCatullus

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 10:48 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

The spanish judicial system is very unpredictable, could be he goes to jail or does community service. Here though community service is all day every day bar Sunday's 8- 1 then 4-7. So if you get a years community service it’s a whole year. Most go to second hand yards, up cycle furniture, build kitchen cabinets and learn new skills plus an intervention class every day. It’s a good system. Could be different in other provinces but here it works well. Plus the total shame on the family which is a big thing here, that’s the worst problem.

The biggest issue though is drink driving, the enforcement is high but so many do it. That’s ok until you get captured, depending on the levels it’s 200 - 400 euro first offence, or jail for those very high. Second time banned, fined, short period of time in jail etc. Third time jail. 8 months compulsory or do a year community service which most elect for. If you kill someone and and you are at the scene the police arrest you and you go straight to jail. No arguments. The minimum sentence is fifteen years, there no bargaining or trial. If someone is dead and you are pissed, that’s it, it’s over. If you do go to court it’s to keep the sentence at fifteen years, if you choose to do that the sentence usually goes up. Happened to a bloke here two years ago, he got twenty years for ‘killing’ a young kid on a pushbike.

I gave my opinion, what do you think Keith? Is 3 months fair enough or too harsh?

What would you do if you were the judge?

Login to get fewer ads

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 11:16 - Apr 25 with 314 viewsKeithHaynes

Sorry mate, I think in a very unpredictable country he will get a proper community service sentence.

Personally I would lock him up for the summer 😂

This post has been edited by an administrator

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 18:33 - Apr 25 with 270 viewsonehunglow

Drink Driving.
My solution.

Car impounded for six months. No jail,but considerable ,detailed and hard community service

Second offence .car confiscated .

Any more,Jail minimum 2 yrs

Drink driving is as dangerous as a loaded shotgun in the wrong hands

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 22:51 - Apr 25 with 218 viewsmajorraglan

In Spain is this a Problem ? on 10:48 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

Over here, the CPS have indicated they will Charge with Common Assault and I’d suspect he’d defo get some porridge, I think the system would want to make an example of him.

I like the idea of the Community Service for the lower end of offending, a full day for an extended period. I’d also add a curfew and tag for good measure, thrown in some intervention classes and learning new skills and maybe they could rehabilitate someone. People who don’t engage would go to prison.

Our Government are exploring options around less custodial sentences and if it’s done properly it could work. A proper programme such as the above with proper emphasis on education, skills with a huge deterrent for non compliance could work.
I know a few people who’ve been inside, one had a pretty poor upbringing, he got sent down to a young offenders institution, learned to read and write properly, got trained up and has never looked back; he’s got a family, good job, works hard, has plenty of money and a nice life style. I know a few others who are in an out like a revolving door. I’d like to see offenders given a chance to rehabilitate and make something of their life, those that don’t or won’t then get extended periods of porridge.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 22:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024