Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 20:48 - Oct 9 with 931 viewsbonymine

My first ever European away trip with the Swans - I had been in Ibiza during the Spain '82 World Cup which was lively enough with some English lads when they got knocked out but this was different.....it was with the Swans.
I started a new job in July 1982 and after 2 days I asked my boss :
'How many days holiday have I got as I want to go to Paris to watch the Swans?'.
His reply was along the lines of 'you can go sonny but if you get into any trouble don't bother coming back'.
It was a great trip by bus & ferry, I think Ossie Ardiles was playing for PSG at the time he'd gone there from Spurs to take the heat out of the situation as it was during the Falklands War if I remember rightly?
I was only 17 at the time but can vividly remember the Parc Des Princes being an incredibly intimidating place, not only were the PSG fans up for it big time but the gendarmes were just as bad if not worse....I remember a mate of mine being picked out by the police and having his face placed up against the netting between rival fans so the French could spit, piss and whatever else they wanted to do over him poor b*stard.
Anyway we lost 2-0 I think but overall it was a baptism of fire for me into the world of 1980's European football hooliganism never to be forgotten !
Anyone else remember that trip and their experiences ?
Makes the open Grange End at Ninian Park look like hospitality !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 21:53 - Apr 30 with 738 viewsbonymine

Any oldies remember this trip ?

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 22:05 - Apr 30 with 715 viewsKeithHaynes

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 21:53 - Apr 30 by bonymine

Any oldies remember this trip ?

Yes, my word, when you say remember 😂

Went with a few Haverfordwest lads, Milford and Fishguard. Met up with our mates in Swansea. Back of a 3 tonne lorry, with the shutters at the back. Lost a few on the ferry, not literally, but they just drank too much. Got to Paris the night before. Hotel, then out on the town, met an old boy who was living there since he missed the bus back from a Welsh rugby international, very aggressive were the Boulogne boys, I won’t go in to the actual happenings suffice to say, the next day they were very accommodating and one came in to the away end with us and to this day follows the swans. No longer a PSG fan due to the finance in football. The police were more of a problem after the game than the PSG lads, in fact we drank all night in our hotel bar. We knew we were going to lose, and to be honest we couldn’t care. Sliema Wanderers away was an equally surreal experience.

Thinking about it now, out of the Pembrokeshire lads who went, maybe fifteen, only four alive today.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 22:55 - Apr 30 with 686 viewsbonymine

Great story Keith a baptism of fire for us both then that trip !!

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 22:59 - Apr 30 with 683 viewsKeithHaynes

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 22:55 - Apr 30 by bonymine

Great story Keith a baptism of fire for us both then that trip !!

Monaco was child’s play, Sliema away was so weird I’ll never forget it. Met a group of swans fans from Inverness, that weird 😂 Now, Panathaniakos 🤪

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 23:03 - Apr 30 with 678 viewsbonymine

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 22:59 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

Monaco was child’s play, Sliema away was so weird I’ll never forget it. Met a group of swans fans from Inverness, that weird 😂 Now, Panathaniakos 🤪

Panathanaikos away 😳😳 Dolly, Ginger Dai from Sketty Park etc I wasn’t there for the away game but the home leg was quite tasty too 👊

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 23:13 - Apr 30 with 672 viewsKeithHaynes

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 23:03 - Apr 30 by bonymine

Panathanaikos away 😳😳 Dolly, Ginger Dai from Sketty Park etc I wasn’t there for the away game but the home leg was quite tasty too 👊

It was very odd the home game mate. Initially I was in the west stand, heard a few very strange accents, Cardiff of course. Let’s say they didn’t write about it in their books 😂 That’s naughty I shouldnt laugh but they shouldn’t have been there. Now, Crystal Palace second replay at Ninian, memorable and very sad as well.

However, PSG away, there was a brothel opposite our hotel, one of the lads now RIP was sat outside early in the morning the day after the game naked with a pair of knickers on his head drinking coffee. He was arrested 😂

I love the swans.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 10:09 - May 1 with 590 viewsonehunglow

I'm glad I seemed to avoid all this mayhem.
I've not been one for causing trouble

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 10:22 - May 1 with 587 viewsKeithHaynes

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 10:09 - May 1 by onehunglow

I don’t think anyone I went with to any away games was causing trouble, being naked outside a brothel doesn’t fit your response. Things happen when you are young, but I wouldn’t give up these memories for anything. Never.

Login to get fewer ads

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 10:34 - May 1 with 578 viewsNotLoyal

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 10:09 - May 1 by onehunglow

Have you noticed when Keith responds or introduces an experience it is in a friendly and non confrontational way. He shares his story and never or very rarely forces an opinion or makes a sweeping statement that offends, ever?

Have you noticed this?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 10:35 - May 1 with 565 viewsonehunglow

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 10:22 - May 1 by KeithHaynes

I don’t think anyone I went with to any away games was causing trouble, being naked outside a brothel doesn’t fit your response. Things happen when you are young, but I wouldn’t give up these memories for anything. Never.

Ive been naked more times in public more times than you ,butt ,for a start.

I never saw the fun is getting hammered and acting like young bucks vomiting all over each other and fighting amongst each other. I seemed to be working all the time anyway.

I have always detested stag dos with a passion,too.If people could view the stags as others see them ...

I rather enjoyed the more intimate getaways ,so to speak.

I blame Chapel

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 13:40 - May 1 with 535 viewsKeithHaynes

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 10:35 - May 1 by onehunglow

Ive been naked more times in public more times than you ,butt ,for a start.

I never saw the fun is getting hammered and acting like young bucks vomiting all over each other and fighting amongst each other. I seemed to be working all the time anyway.

I have always detested stag dos with a passion,too.If people could view the stags as others see them ...

I rather enjoyed the more intimate getaways ,so to speak.

I blame Chapel

Shaun?
Was he that good really 😉

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 22:32 - May 1 with 481 viewsKeithHaynes

I would have thought there are many on here with stories to tell, could be a book in it. 😉

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 23:37 - May 1 with 459 viewsNotLoyal

I’m not old enough 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 00:09 - May 2 with 452 viewsbuilthjack

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 22:32 - May 1 by KeithHaynes

I would have thought there are many on here with stories to tell, could be a book in it. 😉

I have one or two. Rather funny looking back.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 13:09 - May 2 with 384 viewsFireboy2

Let's Reminisce you Oldies - PSG Away 1982 on 23:37 - May 1 by NotLoyal

I’m not old enough 😂

Me too, surprisingly😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024