Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea city and Social media. 18:00 - May 4 with 369 viewsReslovenSwan1

I am not on Twitter but on Facebook which open only to Friends . I delete anyone that swears consistently or puts up poor taste stuff. Here i ask some quetions. and give my understanding of the answers

Why is Swansea city on facebook and twitter and Istagram?

They are on these platforms to get to as many fans and people around the world as possible. This can drive global fans of all faiths colour and creed to potentially sign up and watch Swansea games on line. This will in turn attact new advertisers and sponsors. The 'white swan' is as far as I know a unique branding in professional foottball. The playing style of the club is completely in harmony with this brand. Smooth classy serene with a nasty bite if taken lighlty.

What sort of people can go on to their platform.

All sorts of people including normal fans and an assortment of odd balls, criminals, mentally ill convicted murders, fraudsters thieves etc Also illegal streamers and illegal betting companines. In general normal fans comprise by far the greatest numbers.

Why does Swansea not go onto a 'friends only' model,?

While this allows blocking of unsuitable people it will inadvertently prevent access to millions of other people that could become fans of Swansea city. It would also need 24 hour monitoring banning and checking of Identifier codes of banned posters.

Can racists get on these platforms?

Yes they can. As i understand it unsuitable posts can be tagged and complained about and if there are enough complaints the post is removed. Raciialism is one complaint genre. I once pressed this and got a reply that one really bad post was deemed suitable. I think the taste threshold might be too low.

Should UK police force be monitroing these platforms?

Not in my opinion. They should be self regulating. Hardened abusers will go to some length to protect their annonymity. It takes up too much resources.

Given the open nature of the facebook page are some abusive posts to be expected?

I would expect if the platform is open to all some bad stiuff is going to get through before it is identified and deleted. The Swansea city page is currently latched onto by illegal streamers and illegal betting firms. Teenage lads messing about can also get access.

What can be done?

I suspect it will have to be self regulated with a complaint mechanism and auto delete after a fixed number of complaints. Auto deleteion of inpproprite words.

These are my thoughts.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea city and Social media. on 18:13 - May 4 with 350 viewsonehunglow

I too am on Facebook

I’m a simple man

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea city and Social media. on 18:17 - May 4 with 352 viewsjack_lord

Someone has hacked my Facebook and changed the email address associated with it. I am trying to recover it but Facebook police keep saying they are going to send an email to confirm all is OK- to the hacked new email address

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swansea city and Social media. on 18:26 - May 4 with 339 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city and Social media. on 18:17 - May 4 by jack_lord

Someone has hacked my Facebook and changed the email address associated with it. I am trying to recover it but Facebook police keep saying they are going to send an email to confirm all is OK- to the hacked new email address

That s disturbing is that

Swansea city and Social media. on 18:45 - May 4 with 329 viewsFlashberryjack

Swans players giving up social media for a week, as if that will deter or rid them of total idiots making racist remarks.

A bit like giving up smoking for a week.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea city and Social media. on 19:23 - May 4 with 296 viewsKeithHaynes

Money.

Edit.
The police do monitor all social media platforms, unfortunately when people are arrested they get criticised. Should be doing other stuff etc.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea city and Social media. on 19:55 - May 4 with 271 viewsThornburyswan

Until the ‘authorities’ enforce social media registration & ID checks on all accounts this isn’t going away anytime soon.
Swansea city and Social media. on 19:57 - May 4 with 263 viewsonehunglow

I came off twitter as someone was beastly to me.I changed .

Swansea city and Social media. on 21:39 - May 4 with 216 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea city and Social media. on 19:57 - May 4 by onehunglow

I came off twitter as someone was beastly to me.I changed .

How awful for you, you'd never think that there would be such low life on social media would you, did you seek therapy ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea city and Social media. on 21:49 - May 4 with 205 viewsonehunglow

Swansea city and Social media. on 21:39 - May 4 by Flashberryjack

How awful for you, you'd never think that there would be such low life on social media would you, did you seek therapy ?

NO.
I was a little soldier and my P S forum chums saw me through the trauma of it all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024