Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. 18:02 - May 5 with 2390 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea and Stoke were relegated at the same time. Thses things can happen. They took diferent routes. They now have a total rebuild. I worked out if the SCST had been at Stoke they would now be diluted to 5%.

Stoke over bid Swansea fron a number of player like Tom Ince, Ryan Woods and Joey Allen they now want to move on. Some respect to Swansea from the Potteries.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-swansea-
[Post edited 5 May 2021 22:19]

Wise sage since Toshack era

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 21:20 - May 5 with 1865 viewsChief

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrugated_stainless_steel_tubing

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 22:20 - May 5 with 1808 viewsReslovenSwan1

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 21:20 - May 5 by Chief

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrugated_stainless_steel_tubing

Corrected thank you. An interesting read in any case for my shed.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 23:13 - May 5 with 1777 viewsChief

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 22:20 - May 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Corrected thank you. An interesting read in any case for my shed.

Interesting indeed. Although i believe Coates/Bet365 own them 100% so they've no-one to dilute.

Our American buddies in fairness to them and admitted by them were niave initially. Birch and Winter seem like pretty good administrators and adept appointments. Altman, Donovan, Pearlman etc. Nah. Huw even maybe (although I respect his Dan James stance).

In reality if you're willing to spend that coin it should ensure success in this division. Stoke are probably an out outlyer (as are we and Barnsley). The top 2 plus Bournemouth are the highest payers in reality. Alongside Brentford who (albeit down their great scouting&sales) were able to pay for a £5million striker this season.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 00:07 - May 6 with 1745 viewsReslovenSwan1

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 23:13 - May 5 by Chief

Interesting indeed. Although i believe Coates/Bet365 own them 100% so they've no-one to dilute.

Our American buddies in fairness to them and admitted by them were niave initially. Birch and Winter seem like pretty good administrators and adept appointments. Altman, Donovan, Pearlman etc. Nah. Huw even maybe (although I respect his Dan James stance).

In reality if you're willing to spend that coin it should ensure success in this division. Stoke are probably an out outlyer (as are we and Barnsley). The top 2 plus Bournemouth are the highest payers in reality. Alongside Brentford who (albeit down their great scouting&sales) were able to pay for a £5million striker this season.

There are many big struggling clubs writing off historic debts from over spending Bolton and Portsmouth being two. Leeds had two decades in the wilderness. Sheffield Wednesday working on crumbs as are Birmingham. Charlton saw the big time but the n crashed.

The exampe I was giving indicated what would have happened to the SCST 21% holding if theclub had been run like Stoke.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 01:13 - May 6 with 1732 viewsjasper_T

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 23:13 - May 5 by Chief

Highest payers sure but last season's relegated sides (and Brentford) have all followed the Swansea approach rather than the Newcastle/Stoke one with net transfer "profits" of £40m+ this season. Bournemouth took in around £80m and spent £0m in fees.

Barnsley the top 6 outlier in that they're the only one to spend more than they received on transfers. We're closest to them with a paltry £12m more in than out.
An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 08:14 - May 6 with 1662 viewsChief

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 00:07 - May 6 by ReslovenSwan1

There are many big struggling clubs writing off historic debts from over spending Bolton and Portsmouth being two. Leeds had two decades in the wilderness. Sheffield Wednesday working on crumbs as are Birmingham. Charlton saw the big time but the n crashed.

The exampe I was giving indicated what would have happened to the SCST 21% holding if theclub had been run like Stoke.

Yes I'm fully aware what your intentions were / are. The same as they always are.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 08:26 - May 6 with 1638 viewsonehunglow

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 08:14 - May 6 by Chief

Yes I'm fully aware what your intentions were / are. The same as they always are.

beware

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 13:39 - May 6 with 1568 viewsReslovenSwan1

The beauty of being up here in the tress is that there is no air pollution and I am able to think clearly. I want all the Swansea city family working in harmony for the same goal. Fractions of the shareholding need to understand that the world can be complicated and getting "ordinary people " into multi million pound busiesses is going to need patience and mutual understanding.

Successfull business is oftern being in the right place at the right time. Just ask Richard Branson and the musican Mike Oldfield. SCST were in the right place at the right time 2015
but failed to act and made the wrong decisions. They got left behind. Do nothing is rarely rewarding. If you say "we will never sell" you had better mean it.

This should be seen as a learning experience so they can do better next time. Burnley was sold for £200m. The US owners know this Levien and Kaplan know this Silverstein know this.
The SCST need to partner with them for mutual gain. Look forward not backwards. 21% of £200m is £42m. I do not blame anyone in the SCST. They had limited vision. I can see clearly from up here when the mist clears. Almost no one agrees with me but I do not care about that. Most people have no money on average.

It just common sense.

Login to get fewer ads

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 13:45 - May 6 with 1546 viewsonehunglow

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 13:39 - May 6 by ReslovenSwan1

The beauty of being up here in the tress is that there is no air pollution and I am able to think clearly. I want all the Swansea city family working in harmony for the same goal. Fractions of the shareholding need to understand that the world can be complicated and getting "ordinary people " into multi million pound busiesses is going to need patience and mutual understanding.

Successfull business is oftern being in the right place at the right time. Just ask Richard Branson and the musican Mike Oldfield. SCST were in the right place at the right time 2015
but failed to act and made the wrong decisions. They got left behind. Do nothing is rarely rewarding. If you say "we will never sell" you had better mean it.

This should be seen as a learning experience so they can do better next time. Burnley was sold for £200m. The US owners know this Levien and Kaplan know this Silverstein know this.
The SCST need to partner with them for mutual gain. Look forward not backwards. 21% of £200m is £42m. I do not blame anyone in the SCST. They had limited vision. I can see clearly from up here when the mist clears. Almost no one agrees with me but I do not care about that. Most people have no money on average.

It just common sense.

Mike Oldfield .Tubular Bells .1973. Blew us all away wherever we lives ,in the tress or in a tent .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 14:02 - May 6 with 1550 viewsChief

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 13:39 - May 6 by ReslovenSwan1

It just common sense.

Ah well. Yet again you're choosing to ignore some key pieces of information.

However, all this energy you expend dreaming up these theories and plans would probably be put into something more sinister if you didn't have this cause to constantly bleat on about, so it's probably a good thing.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 16:48 - May 6 with 1498 viewsReslovenSwan1

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 14:02 - May 6 by Chief

Ah well. Yet again you're choosing to ignore some key pieces of information.

However, all this energy you expend dreaming up these theories and plans would probably be put into something more sinister if you didn't have this cause to constantly bleat on about, so it's probably a good thing.

You seem very keen to answer my posts with some sort of disclaimer. The SCST members need to man up and tell the board to get on with it or get out. The sale was going on 5 years ago. It has lasted longer than Brexit talks.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 19:16 - May 6 with 1451 viewsBillyChong

It just common sense.

Burnley broke their club record for a striker last time they were in the championship who fired them to promotion. Do the US owners realise that?
An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 19:29 - May 6 with 1448 viewsReslovenSwan1

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 19:16 - May 6 by BillyChong

Burnley broke their club record for a striker last time they were in the championship who fired them to promotion. Do the US owners realise that?

Ayew is on £70,000 a week. This is efffectively the same thing. He has not been training with the U18s.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 21:36 - May 6 with 1405 viewsChief

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 16:48 - May 6 by ReslovenSwan1

You seem very keen to answer my posts with some sort of disclaimer. The SCST members need to man up and tell the board to get on with it or get out. The sale was going on 5 years ago. It has lasted longer than Brexit talks.

Due diligence my friend.

Something the buyers and sellers should probably have done more of. They wouldn't have left themselves open to litigation then maybe.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 23:01 - May 6 with 1383 viewsReslovenSwan1

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 21:36 - May 6 by Chief

Due diligence my friend.

Something the buyers and sellers should probably have done more of. They wouldn't have left themselves open to litigation then maybe.

Almost 5 years has passed. I suspect that boat has sailed. It does not look as if the SCST has done much due dilligence on their ability to get someone else to pay their legal bills.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 23:04 - May 6 with 1380 viewsChief

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 23:01 - May 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Almost 5 years has passed. I suspect that boat has sailed. It does not look as if the SCST has done much due dilligence on their ability to get someone else to pay their legal bills.

If that were the case surely they'd have bombed on earlier and possibly had to cut it short.

Yet another ill thought out opinion, purely designed to denigrate with no evidence to back it up.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 23:32 - May 6 with 1368 viewsReslovenSwan1

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 23:04 - May 6 by Chief

If that were the case surely they'd have bombed on earlier and possibly had to cut it short.

Yet another ill thought out opinion, purely designed to denigrate with no evidence to back it up.

I have little time for quitters. The US people have pumped up to £10m into the club while, at a time of crisis, the SCST are dancing with ambualnce chasers to get some money and run. They will have little prospect of ever beng allowed to return without the intervention of a Labour government.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 00:13 - May 7 with 1360 viewsChief

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 23:32 - May 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I have little time for quitters. The US people have pumped up to £10m into the club while, at a time of crisis, the SCST are dancing with ambualnce chasers to get some money and run. They will have little prospect of ever beng allowed to return without the intervention of a Labour government.

Oooohhh look at you. Flying through the list of charges trying literally anything to try and discredit them. And yet act dumbfounded when people say that they think there's more to this campaign of yours. Its very obviously s personal matter for you.

Same applies though. Yet another:

****RANDOM UNWARRANTED DIG AT SUPPORTERS TRUST ALERT****

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 13:26 - May 7 with 1298 viewsReslovenSwan1

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 00:13 - May 7 by Chief

Oooohhh look at you. Flying through the list of charges trying literally anything to try and discredit them. And yet act dumbfounded when people say that they think there's more to this campaign of yours. Its very obviously s personal matter for you.

Same applies though. Yet another:

There is a global pandemic. No fans have been allowed for a year. Some of the owners are fighting for the club and others are giving their money away to London legal people with a hope of leaving the club forcing some sort of pay off. You bet do not like the policies of the SCST.

Stoke relegated at the same time posted a £68m loss. Swansea well above them in the league posted a £2.7m profit. The Board are doing a good job. If the Trust want to leave let them go for the lowest price possible. They are no use to the club. Just empty words. The biggest crisis in the club history and they are no where to be seen with no money no friends and very grim future prospects. Change is required and it is in the hands of the membership.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 13:44]

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 16:03 - May 7 with 1261 viewsChief

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 13:26 - May 7 by ReslovenSwan1

There is a global pandemic. No fans have been allowed for a year. Some of the owners are fighting for the club and others are giving their money away to London legal people with a hope of leaving the club forcing some sort of pay off. You bet do not like the policies of the SCST.

Stoke relegated at the same time posted a £68m loss. Swansea well above them in the league posted a £2.7m profit. The Board are doing a good job. If the Trust want to leave let them go for the lowest price possible. They are no use to the club. Just empty words. The biggest crisis in the club history and they are no where to be seen with no money no friends and very grim future prospects. Change is required and it is in the hands of the membership.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 13:44]

"no money"

That could well soon change.....

And if it doesn't, there's the much vaunted plan Burnley.

By your own logic that doesn't seem very grim

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 16:22 - May 7 with 1256 viewsReslovenSwan1

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 16:03 - May 7 by Chief

"no money"

That could well soon change.....

And if it doesn't, there's the much vaunted plan Burnley.

By your own logic that doesn't seem very grim

You live in a fanstasy world where a loss in court will be of no consequence. What do you think they have been talking about for the last three years?. Court fees might be £1.5m.

Most likely they will be talking about who pays if the case is lost. I doubt no win no fee is still on the table.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 16:52 - May 7 with 1247 viewsChief

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 16:22 - May 7 by ReslovenSwan1

You live in a fanstasy world where a loss in court will be of no consequence. What do you think they have been talking about for the last three years?. Court fees might be £1.5m.

Most likely they will be talking about who pays if the case is lost. I doubt no win no fee is still on the table.

A drop in the ocean when the Burnley Bucks clear in the bank

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 18:02 - May 7 with 1228 viewsReslovenSwan1

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 16:52 - May 7 by Chief

A drop in the ocean when the Burnley Bucks clear in the bank

Your drop in the ocean is about £20m-£25m . That is a big sum of money but for a dim Trust member it does not matter because he cannot have it himself anyway. Your attitude reflects this casual lax attitude. Third parties will fill their boots. The difference between £13m and £35 after tax.

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 19:17 - May 7 with 1205 viewsChief

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 18:02 - May 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Your drop in the ocean is about £20m-£25m . That is a big sum of money but for a dim Trust member it does not matter because he cannot have it himself anyway. Your attitude reflects this casual lax attitude. Third parties will fill their boots. The difference between £13m and £35 after tax.

I suggest you read my previous post again....

Nearly forgot:

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 20:14 - May 7 with 1187 viewsReslovenSwan1

An outside perspective is usually closest to the truth. on 19:17 - May 7 by Chief

I suggest you read my previous post again....

Nearly forgot:

Swansea city was a 'play thing' for all sorts of dubious people in the past and that was ended in 2002. The rise and sucess of the club since demonstrated the callibre of people involved.

There is a saying. "Better the devil you know".

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024