Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lindisfarne .Alan Hull 21:24 - Nov 26 with 986 viewsonehunglow

On bbc 4 now.
Great musician.
Great Band

Watch it now
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 21:33]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lindisfarne .Alan Hull on 09:37 - Nov 27 with 919 viewsBoundy

Clear white light and Lady Eleanor , no more to say really

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Lindisfarne .Alan Hull on 09:42 - Nov 27 with 916 viewsonehunglow

Lindisfarne .Alan Hull on 09:37 - Nov 27 by Boundy

Clear white light and Lady Eleanor , no more to say really

Except that only you aw fit to acknowledge his genius.
Working class lad too.

You got good taste Boundy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lindisfarne .Alan Hull on 10:07 - Nov 27 with 905 viewsBoundy

Lindisfarne .Alan Hull on 09:42 - Nov 27 by onehunglow

Except that only you aw fit to acknowledge his genius.
Working class lad too.

You got good taste Boundy.

"You got good taste " My tailor may disagree with that comment

Lindisfarne .Alan Hull on 11:54 - Nov 30 with 830 viewshowenjack

Made a big impression on me when I was growing up . Alan Hull a very underrated songwriter.. i've still got my vinyl copy of fog On The Tyne.
A more apt ballad would be hard to find in these testing times.......

Lindisfarne .Alan Hull on 14:16 - Nov 30 with 802 viewstheloneranger

I saw them live in the Brangwyn Hall, November 1982. Absolutely brilliant night.

I'm pretty positive I also saw them live through a very drunken haze in the Teacher's Training College, Townhill, in approx 1971.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Lindisfarne .Alan Hull on 15:27 - Nov 30 with 785 viewsWingstandwood

Someone gave me a hand-me-down live LP of them performing at Newcastle City Hall from the early 1970's (I think 1972) staggering to think that gig is not that far off 50 years.

I think the bands 'home-coming' Newcastle City Hall gigs were akin to Max Boyce performances where the 'home' audience was even more receptive towards one of their own. Great band live I reckon whether you're a Geordie or not!

Argus!

Lindisfarne .Alan Hull on 16:10 - Nov 30 with 771 viewsBoundy

Lindisfarne .Alan Hull on 14:16 - Nov 30 by theloneranger

I saw them live in the Brangwyn Hall, November 1982. Absolutely brilliant night.

I'm pretty positive I also saw them live through a very drunken haze in the Teacher's Training College, Townhill, in approx 1971.

If you did then it may have been easier to appreciate the lyrics ("belly dancing beauty with a power-driven saw"). Great band and Mr Hull gone far too soon .

Lindisfarne .Alan Hull on 22:48 - Nov 30 with 745 viewsmajorraglan

Been away and didn’t see the program. Was too young to remember them in the early 70s and could just about remember hearing the “Run For Home” back in 78. Got to listen to them as I grew up and to appreciate their quality. Run For Home is one of my favourite songs of all time, while Lady Eleanor, Meet Me On The Corner and Fog On The Tyne are classics.
Login to get fewer ads

Lindisfarne .Alan Hull on 11:37 - Dec 1 with 702 viewstheloneranger

Taken from a music forum and the subject was Lindisfarne ...

"I also, very fortuitously, caught the tour with The Strawbs (a very fancy bar stage design, as I remember)."

" I was visiting family in Swansea with wife, & we popped into a town centre bar (The Builder's Arms, for anyone who knows Swansea) where - unbelievably - we spotted Lindisfarne playing cards, a table or two away. I - eventually - plucked up the courage to say hello, get some autographs & ask them what they were doing in Swansea and it turns out they were playing a gig in the local theatre."

" Alan asked why we weren't going so we told him we were just visiting town & didn't realise they were playing. He told us the gig was sold out but give him a minute & he'd sort something out. He came back a few moments later & told us that he'd persuaded the theatre manager to let us stand at the back of the theatre for the duration of the show as his guests. Extraordinary! Not only that, but at the end of the show the band came & sat with us for a while in the venue bar to see how much we'd enjoyed it."

"They say "don't meet your heroes but Lindisfarne - & Alan Hull, in particular, were real gentlemen that night."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024