Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Is this a Library?” 23:54 - Nov 28 with 1660 viewssw02sea

A mate of mine is a lifelong Blackpool supporter, now living in Swansea. He and his adult son bought tickets for the recent Swans v The Pool match.
They came away from The Swansea.com stadium, saying they couldn’t believe how quiet the majority of Swans fans were, considering the games they’ve seen and heard on tv in the past.
I was walking from the ground after yesterday’s game, and overheard a couple of guys saying “How quiet were the crowd today?”
I felt exactly the same.
Wtf has happened lately?
I sit half way up, on the halfway line, in The East stand, and usually as the game gets going, the majority of the fans around me, tend to join in with “The Proper” fans in the corner of the stadium.
Apart from our goals, yesterday they seemed unusually quiet.
Perhaps it was the simple fact of gloves being worn on a cold winter’s day?
Or was it boredom, (just like watching the first half against Barnsley) with fans growing tired of watching passing for the sake of passing ?
Or the sloth like buildup play from the back to the final third?
Something doesn’t sit right, one minute we’ve got one of the best defensive records, the next we’re shipping goals for fun.
Not sure I believe like some, that Martin’s the new messiah, and we’re all supposed to toe the party line, but his use of personnel leaves a lot to be desired, Fulton being the classic case.
But hey, let’s all keep quiet about it, just like when we’re watching The Swans.

“Is this a Library?” on 06:09 - Nov 29 with 1554 viewsbuilthjack

The key word in your speech is "Personnel". He hasn't got the Personnel he needs yet. 2 more transfer windows and look out.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

“Is this a Library?” on 07:27 - Nov 29 with 1521 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Some games it has been bouncing down there, others deathly quiet. Just like any other ground I suppose.
“Is this a Library?” on 07:56 - Nov 29 with 1491 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Is this a Library?” on 06:09 - Nov 29 by builthjack

The key word in your speech is "Personnel". He hasn't got the Personnel he needs yet. 2 more transfer windows and look out.

He's spent millions.

We have more than enough to work with.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

“Is this a Library?” on 07:59 - Nov 29 with 1496 viewsKeithHaynes

Oh well. Not according to the commentators, the volume on my tv etc. But then this guy sounds like he has been living in Swansea too long. Great negativity.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

“Is this a Library?” on 08:14 - Nov 29 with 1466 viewsKeithHaynes

OP
Have you read this weekends articles on the website post match ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

“Is this a Library?” on 09:14 - Nov 29 with 1413 viewsCatullus

“Is this a Library?” on 07:59 - Nov 29 by KeithHaynes

Oh well. Not according to the commentators, the volume on my tv etc. But then this guy sounds like he has been living in Swansea too long. Great negativity.

This post has been edited by an administrator

It was quiet in the ground though. There was very little to cheer, very little to get excited about, well compared to what there was to get angry about anyway.

I didn't enjoy the game and actually left with 13 remaining on the clock. I was flipping freezing mind and my son had been nagging to leave for most of the second half.

At the very least I hope Martin has learned a few things about his squad.

PS, what is a Library for if not "Reading" I'll get my coat
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 9:20]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

“Is this a Library?” on 12:35 - Nov 29 with 1309 viewsBoundy

“Is this a Library?” on 09:14 - Nov 29 by Catullus

It was quiet in the ground though. There was very little to cheer, very little to get excited about, well compared to what there was to get angry about anyway.

I didn't enjoy the game and actually left with 13 remaining on the clock. I was flipping freezing mind and my son had been nagging to leave for most of the second half.

At the very least I hope Martin has learned a few things about his squad.

PS, what is a Library for if not "Reading" I'll get my coat
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 9:20]

For large potions of the game It was indeed quiet , even POG gave up

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

“Is this a Library?” on 12:55 - Nov 29 with 1293 viewsangryjack

When balls are being played along back 3 constantly then into midfield and back to centre half with hardly any forward penetration football it's hard to get excited,and on edge seat,which in turn gets crowd going when it's quick forward passing with conviction..
Login to get fewer ads

“Is this a Library?” on 13:04 - Nov 29 with 1280 viewsChief

The atmosphere was terrible. But it's been far better when We've played worse or been in a worse league or played really boring football.

Saturday afternoon, near play offs coming off back of a decent midweek win and reading fans have a relatively decent turn out And quite noisy. Can't put my finger on it.

Did the events at the Blackpool game have a bearing?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

“Is this a Library?” on 19:08 - Nov 29 with 1134 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It sounds impressive when you're sat in amongst or near the ~75 people singing in the North East corner.

However, if you're not sat nearby, the stadium is a soulless bowl. You know an atmosphere is consistently poor when someone has made the decision to play noise effects over the stadium sound system before the match to try and replicate the incredible atmospheres we generated under Brendan Rodgers and his exciting brand of football.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

“Is this a Library?” on 19:21 - Nov 29 with 1120 viewsFireboy2

“Is this a Library?” on 19:08 - Nov 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It sounds impressive when you're sat in amongst or near the ~75 people singing in the North East corner.

However, if you're not sat nearby, the stadium is a soulless bowl. You know an atmosphere is consistently poor when someone has made the decision to play noise effects over the stadium sound system before the match to try and replicate the incredible atmospheres we generated under Brendan Rodgers and his exciting brand of football.

How would you know? You never go.
“Is this a Library?” on 21:12 - Nov 29 with 1026 viewsAndyCole

“Is this a Library?” on 19:08 - Nov 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

This is the thing.

When we've played effective, purposeful possession centric football as efficiently as we have with Plan B, the Swans.Com is bouncing. Winning, stylish football, with purpose is a heady mix for the faithful, proper fans. The place rocks, most especially in the boxes.

When we revert to Plan A, trying to look pretty for PR purposes, the place is as muted and dour as the grey Potterball days when large swathes of even the NthEast were bereft of emotion.

There's a real risk that unless we rediscover Plan B, utilise the riches(£millions) of talent currently discarded (like Piroe was early doors), mid-table mediocrity coupled with disinterested plastics will be the norm.

When a proper fan here, a die hard, passionate, hard core, rotund keyboard warrior leaves with 13 mins to go, we know something's not right.

Oh for the days of The Swansea Way a la Brodge.

Stick with Plan B, it could get heady.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

“Is this a Library?” on 21:47 - Nov 29 with 982 viewsFireboy2

“Is this a Library?” on 21:12 - Nov 29 by AndyCole

This is the thing.

When we've played effective, purposeful possession centric football as efficiently as we have with Plan B, the Swans.Com is bouncing. Winning, stylish football, with purpose is a heady mix for the faithful, proper fans. The place rocks, most especially in the boxes.

When we revert to Plan A, trying to look pretty for PR purposes, the place is as muted and dour as the grey Potterball days when large swathes of even the NthEast were bereft of emotion.

There's a real risk that unless we rediscover Plan B, utilise the riches(£millions) of talent currently discarded (like Piroe was early doors), mid-table mediocrity coupled with disinterested plastics will be the norm.

When a proper fan here, a die hard, passionate, hard core, rotund keyboard warrior leaves with 13 mins to go, we know something's not right.

Are you and dwight twins?
“Is this a Library?” on 21:58 - Nov 29 with 972 viewsFireboy2

“Is this a Library?” on 21:12 - Nov 29 by AndyCole

This is the thing.

“Is this a Library?” on 22:07 - Nov 29 with 955 viewsAndyCole

“Is this a Library?” on 21:58 - Nov 29 by Fireboy2

A polite word of advice Fireboy2.

You are clearly unable to interact with grown ups on a grown up forum for those supporting The Swans and the The cause, the raison d'etre of this forum.

Either grow up, discuss, and debate common interests or do what you normally do when you can't cope and put the more informed on Ignore and slide back under your comfort blanket.

TIA.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

“Is this a Library?” on 22:15 - Nov 29 with 947 viewsFireboy2

“Is this a Library?” on 22:07 - Nov 29 by AndyCole

A polite word of advice Fireboy2.

You are clearly unable to interact with grown ups on a grown up forum for those supporting The Swans and the The cause, the raison d'etre of this forum.

Either grow up, discuss, and debate common interests or do what you normally do when you can't cope and put the more informed on Ignore and slide back under your comfort blanket.

TIA.

The thing is we all have tried to interact but no matter what we say we a wrong.

So I've literally given up and taken up your mantle.
“Is this a Library?” on 22:41 - Nov 29 with 921 viewsEagleEye

“Is this a Library?” on 21:58 - Nov 29 by Fireboy2

Let’s be honest here. Our football may be ok to watch away from home when we kill any home ground atmosphere by passing teams death taking the sting out of teams wanting to have a go. But at home when teams defend deep (like Reading) our slow approach play & passing for passing sake without purpose is to put it frankly boring. I am now of the opinion that at least 50% of fans think this way. Just as well our possession on Saturday was 74%. Our defence crumbles when teams have a go at us e.g. Fulham, Bournemouth, Stoke, Reading, Luton (first half). I wonder how many we would have conceded if Reading had more than 26% possession.
“Is this a Library?” on 22:49 - Nov 29 with 912 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

“Is this a Library?” on 22:41 - Nov 29 by EagleEye

Let’s be honest here. Our football may be ok to watch away from home when we kill any home ground atmosphere by passing teams death taking the sting out of teams wanting to have a go. But at home when teams defend deep (like Reading) our slow approach play & passing for passing sake without purpose is to put it frankly boring. I am now of the opinion that at least 50% of fans think this way. Just as well our possession on Saturday was 74%. Our defence crumbles when teams have a go at us e.g. Fulham, Bournemouth, Stoke, Reading, Luton (first half). I wonder how many we would have conceded if Reading had more than 26% possession.

Absolutely.

I read and listen to people saying "The opposition can't score if we have the ball for 75% of the game"

The issue is, we won't score many goals either if we keep passing the ball between our 5 centre backs for the majority of the time we have the ball.

Kyle Naughton completing more passes than the entire opposition team isn't something to be proud of. It's disgraceful. What on Earth are we doing passing to our deepest outfield player so often?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

“Is this a Library?” on 22:54 - Nov 29 with 904 viewsFireboy2

“Is this a Library?” on 22:49 - Nov 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Absolutely.

I read and listen to people saying "The opposition can't score if we have the ball for 75% of the game"

The issue is, we won't score many goals either if we keep passing the ball between our 5 centre backs for the majority of the time we have the ball.

Kyle Naughton completing more passes than the entire opposition team isn't something to be proud of. It's disgraceful. What on Earth are we doing passing to our deepest outfield player so often?

Whats this we sh!t You don't support the swans.
“Is this a Library?” on 09:35 - Nov 30 with 816 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

“Is this a Library?” on 22:49 - Nov 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Absolutely.

Look at the stats for the premier league. 12 out 15 of the highest passers are defenders, most are centre backs, the other three are deep midfielders who drop into defence to get the ball.

It’s modern football. Hoof ball is dead, get with the times grandpa.

https://www.kickest.it/en/premier-league/stats/players/total-passes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024