Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? 14:34 - Feb 1 with 824 viewsReslovenSwan1

Pato for arguments sake is contracted for another 18 months at £7k per week (reported approx). Until June 2023.

He is therefore due £546,000 for the remainder of his contract. At the end of this contract he is a league 2 level player aged 33. Just about done.

WBA for argument sake, thinking he was out of contract, talked about a two year deal on (hypothetically) £12k a week to his agent. Jan 22 to Jan 24. In this contract he will be due £1.248,000.

Clearly if the WBA offer is high enough Pato can approach Winter and talk about buying out his deal for £546,000. In this case he will be a free agent and sign as a free agent for WBA or QPR. He will be £702,000 better off.

This falls into the realms of football employment law and EFL regulations which is complex but surely something his agent should would be exploring. Swansea could to lubricate the deal release his for less if it was in their mutual interest presumably.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 15:44]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 14:36 - Feb 1 with 820 viewsChief

No.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 14:51 - Feb 1 with 796 viewsReslovenSwan1

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 14:36 - Feb 1 by Chief

No.

Nice of you to comment Chief. Obviously i do not know you but sense this one is a little above your pay grade. No offence intended.

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 14:59 - Feb 1 with 779 viewsChief

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 14:51 - Feb 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Nice of you to comment Chief. Obviously i do not know you but sense this one is a little above your pay grade. No offence intended.

"I do not criticise posters" Resloven 29/01/22

"I sense this one is above your pay grade" Resloven 01/02/22

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 15:14 - Feb 1 with 756 viewsReslovenSwan1

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 14:59 - Feb 1 by Chief

"I do not criticise posters" Resloven 29/01/22

"I sense this one is above your pay grade" Resloven 01/02/22

On reflection i meant to say I do not insult other posters. One young person called me 'vermin'. He sounds like a troubled bully type. I have to resort to gentle put downs in this case.

I presume you are not a recruitment professional or legal eagle? It requires thought consideration and experience you simply do not have. A simple "No" is not good enough.

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 15:19 - Feb 1 with 747 viewsChief

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 15:14 - Feb 1 by ReslovenSwan1

On reflection i meant to say I do not insult other posters. One young person called me 'vermin'. He sounds like a troubled bully type. I have to resort to gentle put downs in this case.

I presume you are not a recruitment professional or legal eagle? It requires thought consideration and experience you simply do not have. A simple "No" is not good enough.

"I this one maybe above your pay grade" Resloven 01/02/22

"I do not insult other posters" Resloven 01/02/22

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 15:30 - Feb 1 with 723 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

If a quarter of a million pounds a year isn’t enough for the weasel faced knob who was literally unemployed about four months ago then he needs to take a good hard look at himself.
Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 15:51 - Feb 1 with 684 viewsmajorraglan

No, I believe this is a complete non runner and nonsensical. Based on the figures you’ve given, if he earns £12k per week in a new contract by the time tax, NI is paid he will take home £6.5k per week which is less than the £7k it will cost him to buy his contract out assuming he has to repay his wages in full. There may also be tax implications for the club re amortisation of assets etc
Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 16:17 - Feb 1 with 649 viewsReslovenSwan1

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 15:51 - Feb 1 by majorraglan

No, I believe this is a complete non runner and nonsensical. Based on the figures you’ve given, if he earns £12k per week in a new contract by the time tax, NI is paid he will take home £6.5k per week which is less than the £7k it will cost him to buy his contract out assuming he has to repay his wages in full. There may also be tax implications for the club re amortisation of assets etc

OK but Swansea might not ask him to repay his full salary in full and come to a compromise arrangement. With only 6 month on his deal he would only have needed £182,000. Without this option he has no choices left.

Login to get fewer ads

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 16:31 - Feb 1 with 626 viewsheatwave

Are players allowed to do this? If they are who has done it? I've heard of cancelled by mutual consent but not aware of this happening.
Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 16:38 - Feb 1 with 614 viewsmajorraglan

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 16:17 - Feb 1 by ReslovenSwan1

OK but Swansea might not ask him to repay his full salary in full and come to a compromise arrangement. With only 6 month on his deal he would only have needed £182,000. Without this option he has no choices left.

Fair enough, but it doesn’t make sense either. The press have speculated the Club valued Paterson at £750k, if that is the case and they want £750k why would they allow him to buy out his contract and leave for £182k to which is over half a million less.
Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 16:53 - Feb 1 with 593 viewsgrabsplatter

He wasn't a free agent at the end of the transfer window so in this hypothetical case he couldn't play for another club until the summer anyway.
It's the reason why the likes of Snodgrass had his contract cancelled before the window closed.
Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 18:14 - Feb 1 with 519 viewsBillyChong

Can Pato buy out his contract and still move on - do the sums add up? on 15:51 - Feb 1 by majorraglan

Add agency fees to that, yes a non runner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024