Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F1 - Is It Me ? 16:19 - Apr 11 with 886 viewsSTID2017

Just don't get why people get so enthused by it.
Boring as watching paint dry.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

F1 - Is It Me ? on 16:36 - Apr 11 with 845 viewsVincent_Vega

I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to it so probably not the best at trying to convince. For me sometimes its not just the race, its the politics, technical aspects and drama that goes around it. Will say for a while I was following it from a distance by listening to podcasts and watching ewetube videos but since the Rosberg season I've got more involved with it.

I do get it that its not for everyone like it baffles me how people could watch golf but its got masses of fans, good for them.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

F1 - Is It Me ? on 16:39 - Apr 11 with 840 viewsSTID2017

F1 - Is It Me ? on 16:36 - Apr 11 by Vincent_Vega

I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to it so probably not the best at trying to convince. For me sometimes its not just the race, its the politics, technical aspects and drama that goes around it. Will say for a while I was following it from a distance by listening to podcasts and watching ewetube videos but since the Rosberg season I've got more involved with it.

I do get it that its not for everyone like it baffles me how people could watch golf but its got masses of fans, good for them.

Indeed not knocking those that enjoy it but just wondered what the appeal was. I suppose some say the same about football

F1 - Is It Me ? on 16:58 - Apr 11 with 829 viewsmax936

Its not for everyone granted, there can be a lot of races that are deemed drab, I don't watch it religiously though and I'm no expert on the sport, but I think there's a fair argument to suggest the tighter the track the more exciting it can be.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 17:00]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

F1 - Is It Me ? on 17:09 - Apr 11 with 812 viewsFlashberryjack

I don't mind it, but I'm sure there are many other sports that people don't mind or even dislike, such as football, rugby and cricket.

If you don't like it, don't watch it I say, let those that do like a certain sport, crack on.
Problem in this country is, if people don't like something, they'd like to ban it..

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

F1 - Is It Me ? on 17:15 - Apr 11 with 809 viewsSTID2017

F1 - Is It Me ? on 17:09 - Apr 11 by Flashberryjack

I don't mind it, but I'm sure there are many other sports that people don't mind or even dislike, such as football, rugby and cricket.

If you don't like it, don't watch it I say, let those that do like a certain sport, crack on.
Problem in this country is, if people don't like something, they'd like to ban it..

I'm looking at the opposite view.
Wondering if it is something I should get into, guess like most sports there is usually more to it than initially meets the eye

F1 - Is It Me ? on 18:41 - Apr 11 with 782 viewsMinesapint

I dont see the appeal either but so many are hooked on it, I may be missing something.
F1 - Is It Me ? on 21:26 - Apr 11 with 723 viewsEagleEye

I think you have to be interested in the technology, technical aspects & race strategy to fully get it. So much of it is not just down to the driver. I don’t love it but get that many find it fascinating, exciting even.

There are lots of sports that people struggle with generally:
Tennis - all the screaming every stroke by the women
Womens football / rugby - despite BBC attempts to make out that anyone is interested
Golf - yawn
Snooker - zzz
Darts - there’s no ball how can it be a sport ?
Cricket - 20 overs, 40 overs, 5 day tests etc

All watchable if you’re in the mood but life is just too short to love trying to watch everything
F1 - Is It Me ? on 21:30 - Apr 11 with 719 viewsSTID2017

F1 - Is It Me ? on 21:26 - Apr 11 by EagleEye

I think you have to be interested in the technology, technical aspects & race strategy to fully get it. So much of it is not just down to the driver. I don’t love it but get that many find it fascinating, exciting even.

Womens football / rugby - despite BBC attempts to make out that anyone is interested
Golf - yawn
Snooker - zzz

All watchable if you’re in the mood but life is just too short to love trying to watch everything

"Darts - there’s no ball how can it be a sport ?"
Brilliant !

Login to get fewer ads

F1 - Is It Me ? on 09:51 - Apr 12 with 665 viewsmax936

Golf - yawn
Snooker - zzz

Can't believe a man of you stature has left out Fishing

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

F1 - Is It Me ? on 10:44 - Apr 12 with 651 viewsVincent_Vega

Golf - yawn
Snooker - zzz

Oh this, I admit some of the races are dire but I think of it as well not every footy game is Man city vs Liverpool. The argument that 'its the car not the driver' has merit but the best drivers drive for the best teams (generally) same as the best players want to play for the biggest (richest) clubs. What pleasantly surprises fans from the outside is the accessibility of the sport compared to say footy or rugby. an equivalent in football to a grid walk is RM doing the pre match on the pitch with every tom, richard or harry waltzing around on the pitch and players, coaches and support staff getting disturbed by the cameras for interviews.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

F1 - Is It Me ? on 12:11 - Apr 12 with 628 viewsDr_Winston

F1 is nowhere near as boring as all the people complaining about how boring F1 is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

F1 - Is It Me ? on 15:40 - Apr 12 with 598 viewsLuther27

F1 - Is It Me ? on 17:09 - Apr 11 by Flashberryjack

Waiting for the first eco warrior to glue his face to Silverstone on race day lol
F1 - Is It Me ? on 16:18 - Apr 12 with 592 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Like a few sports seeing it live is totally different to the TV. If you can get close to the track you appreciate the speed and skill involved, top class tennis seems to be all about anticipation as the ball moves so quickly.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

F1 - Is It Me ? on 17:35 - Apr 12 with 576 viewslifelong

I agree.

My Mother in law lived well into her 80’s never owned or drove a car in her life, didn’t like any sport apart from F1. She knew all about the sport and would be glued to the TV watching it.. very strange.
F1 - Is It Me ? on 19:41 - Apr 12 with 551 viewsgrabsplatter

It's just about impossible to explain to someone who's not interested why we love various sports the way we do. You either get it or you don't.
I've been into motorsport since I was a kid & for the last 30 years I've been a volunteer marshal, absolutely love it & I'll be at Silverstone for the GP.
Interesting to see the amount of coverage its been getting recently. The Drive to Survive series certainly worked!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024