Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League 20:55 - Jun 10 with 1442 viewsKeithHaynes

To follow.
Hurry up NL. He’s gone to see PIL in Belfast tonight.

Cymru manager Rob Page spoke to the media on Friday afternoon from the team base in Cardiff ahead of the UEFA Nations League match against Belgium.
"We wanted to get promoted from League B to A but we haven't given ourselves the best chance of staying up because of the play-off final," said Page. "We don't fear anybody, we're at this level because we've earned the right to be at this level. We're expecting a tough challenge and it will make for an entertaining game and a tough game, but we will be ready for it."

Cymru are still looking for their first points of the campaign having lost to Poland and the Netherlands either side of the World Cup play-off final victory over Ukraine. Page admits that his team selections for the opening two Nations League games were dictated by the play-off final, and while he is targeting a positive result, he is also aware that these games will form an important part of his preparations for the World Cup finals.

"There's no scope for friendlies before the World Cup," Page added. "There's no opportunity and we haven't got a big enough squad to take that chance with. The days between the games are really important for us to get the players recovered. We want to win every game we go into, but we have to be mindful that the players have had long seasons. We want to stay in this division, but the main focus coming into this camp was the play-off final.

"We will approach it like we have every other time we've played them [Belgium]. It will be no different tomorrow, but we're planning for the World Cup as well. It will be about what we can get out of tomorrow's game. I'm not going to push players to the brink of not being able to do a pre-season because that would have a knock-on effect to September and then again to November.

"In an ideal world we want our players playing, but when they put the jersey on of Wales they're unbelievable. But to go to that next level and sustain it, we need the majority of players playing week in, week out."

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 23:17 - Jun 10 with 1382 viewsKeithHaynes

Who is going to this ?

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 00:13 - Jun 11 with 1372 viewsChief

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 23:17 - Jun 10 by KeithHaynes

Who is going to this ?

Had to sell my ticket due a prior engagement. Was fine until they changed the dates.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 07:04 - Jun 11 with 1342 viewsbuilthjack

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 23:17 - Jun 10 by KeithHaynes

Who is going to this ?

Yep

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 12:47 - Jun 11 with 1292 viewsmajorraglan

Who is going to this ?

👍🏻
Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 15:25 - Jun 11 with 1236 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales will be targeting their first points of this Nations League campaign when they renew their rivalry with Belgium in Cardiff on Saturday.

Wales have lost both their Group A4 matches to Poland and the Netherlands.

Belgium, ranked second in the world, responded to a 4-1 home defeat by the Dutch with a 6-1 thrashing of Poland.

Having lost only once to Belgium in six meetings over the past nine years, Wales will hope to cause another upset at Cardiff City Stadium.

"We don't fear anybody. We're at this level because we've earned the right to be at this level," said Wales manager Robert Page.

"We respect them as a team and a nation, and the manager [Roberto Martinez] is outstanding and what he's done is brilliant. I don't think he'll ever go away from his beliefs, how he wants to play.

"Irrespective of what the starting XI is, we're expecting a tough challenge and similar principles to what he's always had.

"It will make for an entertaining game and a tough game for us - but we'll be ready."

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 21:57 - Jun 11 with 1099 viewstrampie

Very good performance from Wales, our first team can be a handful for anyone.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 00:18 - Jun 12 with 996 viewsbuilthjack

Just back from the game. Excellent performance again from our lads. Matched 2nd in the world Belgium in every department. Brave, courageous, we are a bloody good team.
We now have 17/18 players capable of doing the business. The future looks rosy.
Fantastic support, loud and proud.
Come on Cymru.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 07:26 - Jun 12 with 939 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Pity we did not manage to sell out yesterday's game.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 08:16 - Jun 12 with 898 viewstrampie

It was a good crowd, I was impressed with the attendance all things considered.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 09:45 - Jun 12 with 833 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 07:26 - Jun 12 by felixstowe_jack

Yes its a shame, but I'm not surprised as it was our third game at home in 6 days, in my case it isn't cheap going to watch from where I live, it costs well over £150 when you take into account the cost of tickets, travel and digs.

Hopefully Wrexham new owns could develop the racecourse and we could see games being moved up there to reward the massive loyal gog support, we could also see games being played at our ground.
Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 10:47 - Jun 12 with 798 viewsmajorraglan

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 09:45 - Jun 12 by Fireboy2

Yes its a shame, but I'm not surprised as it was our third game at home in 6 days, in my case it isn't cheap going to watch from where I live, it costs well over £150 when you take into account the cost of tickets, travel and digs.

Hopefully Wrexham new owns could develop the racecourse and we could see games being moved up there to reward the massive loyal gog support, we could also see games being played at our ground.

Agree. Three of us go up from our house and I pick up the tab for the tickets, it’s over £100 a match plus fuel, food etc. It didn’t help that the “away” sections were more than half empty, but that’s understandable too.

I noticed there were lots of families especially kids there last night, mich more than the other games this week. That’s very positive and hopefully stands us in good stead for the future.
Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 12:09 - Jun 12 with 747 viewsbuilthjack

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 07:26 - Jun 12 by felixstowe_jack

Over 27,000.
Belgium were offered 2,700. They brought about 200. 2,500 empty seats all around them.
The top tier of the big stand wasn't used, about 3000 seats.
Lots of the usual fans had already paid for flights and accommodation to Amsterdam before the game date was switched, so they went over there rather than lose their money.

No other stadium besides the Millennium could hold 27,000.
Shame we never increased our capacity when we could. But then you would get the moaners saying we now have empty seats.
We are a country of 3 million. The cost of going to a game has risen hugely.
3 home games in a week.
27,000 is an excellent crowd.
Strange to say otherwise.

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 18:27 - Jun 12 with 672 viewsbennytheblue

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 08:16 - Jun 12 by trampie

It was a good crowd, I was impressed with the attendance all things considered.

Particularly if you consider the England crowd v Italy at wolves…..good on us all….
Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 18:33 - Jun 12 with 665 viewsunion_jack

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 18:27 - Jun 12 by bennytheblue

Particularly if you consider the England crowd v Italy at wolves…..good on us all….

England was a behind closed doors match though!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 18:44 - Jun 12 with 655 viewsFireboy2

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 18:33 - Jun 12 by union_jack

Whoooooosh 🤣
Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 19:04 - Jun 12 with 646 viewsunion_jack

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 18:44 - Jun 12 by Fireboy2

Whoooooosh 🤣

You can never tell with Benny.

So, with that in mind, are you absolutely sure??
[Post edited 12 Jun 2022 19:06]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 20:54 - Jun 12 with 594 viewsbennytheblue

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 18:33 - Jun 12 by union_jack

‘Mare…..I’m off til September when everyone will have forgotten about this….right?
Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 20:56 - Jun 12 with 591 viewsbennytheblue

Wales v Belgium: Matchday Thread Nations League on 09:45 - Jun 12 by Fireboy2

Yep they deserve a few games up there, just need the ground to hold 20 maybe? 3 games in 6 days at the end of the season when most are a bit footballed out is good going
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024