Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience 08:00 - Sep 2 with 746 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience 2nd Sep 2022 08:00
The majority ownership of Swansea City who do come in for harsh criticism from certain sections of the Swansea support showed true grit yesterday to retain their star players. With Burnley leading the way and rumoured others knocking on the door offers for Irish international Michael Obafemi were batted away like annoying flies. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:03 - Sep 2 with 635 viewscadleigh

So what do we make of Martin's comments that there'd be no transfer activity unless we shipped someone out? Three loan signings (who presumably will need paying) and a hefty pay-off to Bennet were financed somehow, and I don't suppose Dan Williams' salary was enough to cover the lot.

Those social media commentators who will brook no criticism of the manager have now largely stopped attacking the owners and switched to attacking the players for lack of effort. Harder to sustain after Stoke, IMO.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:12 - Sep 2 with 612 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:03 - Sep 2 by cadleigh

So what do we make of Martin's comments that there'd be no transfer activity unless we shipped someone out? Three loan signings (who presumably will need paying) and a hefty pay-off to Bennet were financed somehow, and I don't suppose Dan Williams' salary was enough to cover the lot.

Those social media commentators who will brook no criticism of the manager have now largely stopped attacking the owners and switched to attacking the players for lack of effort. Harder to sustain after Stoke, IMO.

Morning Cad
It's certainly a puzzle.
We are pleased to see our strikers stay but the squad has not been strengthened where it matters-at wing back and goalkeeper.

The players we have however are good enough;it' the coach and his methods.

Im glad we 're not a happy clapper site anyway .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:37 - Sep 2 with 557 viewscadleigh

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:12 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

Morning Cad
It's certainly a puzzle.
We are pleased to see our strikers stay but the squad has not been strengthened where it matters-at wing back and goalkeeper.

The players we have however are good enough;it' the coach and his methods.

Im glad we 're not a happy clapper site anyway .

There's certainly enough quality there for us to realistically hope to challenge for the play-offs, with the right tactics and man management. I'll leave it there...

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:38 - Sep 2 with 550 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:37 - Sep 2 by cadleigh

There's certainly enough quality there for us to realistically hope to challenge for the play-offs, with the right tactics and man management. I'll leave it there...

I would also love to but can't

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:42 - Sep 2 with 538 viewsCatullus

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:37 - Sep 2 by cadleigh

That's certainly how I see it, we haven't got the strongest squad but I genuinely think us capable of a mid table finish with a flirtation with the last play off place not out of the question.

I was very surprised to look last night and not see either Piroe or Oba sold, just as surprised to see Bennett released/paid off or whatever happened. I was starting to think the owners may cash in.

It only comes down to one thing now, the manager. Martin has to get it right, or as close to right as possible. To me that still means a change of approach, a different formation at least that gets the best out of the squad. Ditching that stupid goal kick thing too, it's crazy to keep doing it time after time, it puts us under undue pressure.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:50 - Sep 2 with 512 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:42 - Sep 2 by Catullus

That's certainly how I see it, we haven't got the strongest squad but I genuinely think us capable of a mid table finish with a flirtation with the last play off place not out of the question.

I was very surprised to look last night and not see either Piroe or Oba sold, just as surprised to see Bennett released/paid off or whatever happened. I was starting to think the owners may cash in.

It only comes down to one thing now, the manager. Martin has to get it right, or as close to right as possible. To me that still means a change of approach, a different formation at least that gets the best out of the squad. Ditching that stupid goal kick thing too, it's crazy to keep doing it time after time, it puts us under undue pressure.

Us doing that would see most of Martin's doubters silenced

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:57 - Sep 2 with 491 viewssP7qupUf

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:42 - Sep 2 by Catullus

Agreed.

And also, on occasion, go "Down Town" when ahead in injury time to avoid losing possession in an area where it comes back into the box.... and we all know the rest.
Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:58 - Sep 2 with 487 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:03 - Sep 2 by cadleigh

He did say the club would work within a certain remit. As we’ve said so many times before always review what Martin says, he is telling everyone the real story in a practised and well versed way. He’s an intelligent man regardless of what anyone thinks.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 10:14 - Sep 2 with 446 viewsCatullus

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 09:58 - Sep 2 by KeithHaynes

He did say the club would work within a certain remit. As we’ve said so many times before always review what Martin says, he is telling everyone the real story in a practised and well versed way. He’s an intelligent man regardless of what anyone thinks.

Intelligent yet also intransigent. he will not change how we do things even though we are leaking goals and not scoring enough.

He needs to take a pragmatism pill.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 10:42 - Sep 2 with 407 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City back Russell Martin and show real deadline day resilience on 10:14 - Sep 2 by Catullus

Intelligent yet also intransigent. he will not change how we do things even though we are leaking goals and not scoring enough.

He needs to take a pragmatism pill.

Indeed I don't doubt he is a clever man.

But he now needs start getting results no more excuses
It's pointless.

He has been backed to the hilt.

And needs to find a brand that will win games.
The owners have shown their intent he needs to do his bit now.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024