Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rhodes 10:18 - Jul 23 with 1563 viewsonehunglow

And we are crying about another rainy day .
Horrific scenes .
Sickening to watch

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rhodes on 12:35 - Jul 23 with 1494 viewscontroversial_jack

What's happened?
Rhodes on 12:41 - Jul 23 with 1488 viewsonehunglow

Rhodes on 12:35 - Jul 23 by controversial_jack

What's happened?

https://news.sky.com/story/rhodes-wildfires-british-tourist-says-trying-to-escap

Rhodes on 12:45 - Jul 23 with 1476 viewscontroversial_jack

Rhodes on 12:41 - Jul 23 by onehunglow

https://news.sky.com/story/rhodes-wildfires-british-tourist-says-trying-to-escap

Bloody hell!
Rhodes on 19:08 - Jul 23 with 1368 viewsSullutaCreturned

I've been watching this, we went to Rhodes just before Covid hit and we loved it. Where we stayed is being evacuated, Pefki. A lovely little family run hotel called the Chrysanthi. We hope they are all ok.
Rhodes on 10:37 - Jul 24 with 1278 viewsonehunglow

It’s clear just what humanity and class Greek people have listening to the testimonies from those evacuated .
Something we need to reflect on in this country

Rhodes on 11:10 - Jul 24 with 1256 viewsSullutaCreturned

Rhodes on 10:37 - Jul 24 by onehunglow

It’s clear just what humanity and class Greek people have listening to the testimonies from those evacuated .
Something we need to reflect on in this country

I've seen some interviews where people were moaning yet all around them people are facing possibly losing their businesses, their homes and what were those people doing, helping the tourists to safety.

We were only there for a week but we left some friends there, the owners of the hotel, other locals who were so incredibly nice and generous.

Lets hope they come out of this ok. All of them.
Rhodes on 12:48 - Jul 24 with 1230 viewsonehunglow

Rhodes on 11:10 - Jul 24 by SullutaCreturned

I've seen some interviews where people were moaning yet all around them people are facing possibly losing their businesses, their homes and what were those people doing, helping the tourists to safety.

We were only there for a week but we left some friends there, the owners of the hotel, other locals who were so incredibly nice and generous.

Lets hope they come out of this ok. All of them.

Me too.
Ours upset at having to come home early from a holiday whilst locals ,as you suggest,are losing their homes.

I ve been to Greece in June this year and they are wonderful folk,my favourite really.

Their May and June ,weather wise ,were crap ( dull and rainy)

Rhodes on 17:43 - Jul 24 with 1151 viewscontroversial_jack

Rhodes on 12:48 - Jul 24 by onehunglow

Me too.
Ours upset at having to come home early from a holiday whilst locals ,as you suggest,are losing their homes.

I ve been to Greece in June this year and they are wonderful folk,my favourite really.

Their May and June ,weather wise ,were crap ( dull and rainy)

I was in Zante in late June and the weather was great, about 30C, sea was a bit cooler than usual though
Login to get fewer ads

Rhodes on 18:17 - Jul 24 with 1127 viewsonehunglow

Rhodes on 17:43 - Jul 24 by controversial_jack

I was in Zante in late June and the weather was great, about 30C, sea was a bit cooler than usual though

We were halkidikin mid June from 9th
Got drenched in Thessaloniki on the Friday and Athikos on Saturday.then it brightened up

Rhodes on 19:05 - Jul 24 with 1106 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Rhodes is amazing, especially the old town. The big knights hospitalier castle is incredible and the museum underneath is one of the best I’ve been to anywhere in the world.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Rhodes on 21:18 - Jul 24 with 1060 viewshowenjack

Went there first in the mid 80's . They couldn't get electrical goods cheap there and I had a new portable cassette player which I had brought out with me. On the way to the beach daily this Greek guy who owned a scooter /motorbike hire business would approach me and offer to buy my cassette player. Each day I refused but everyday the price went up . I said to the Mrs - wait till the end of the week. Sure enough by the Saturday the price had more than doubled . I then said to him OK you can have the cassette player for that price but I want also The largest motorbike you've got and a full tank of petrol free for a day. He agreed , I handed over the cassette player took the cash and off we went on a tour of the island. Went all over Rhodes - Old Town , Valley of the Butterflies , Ancient Kamiros , Lindos finally Faliraki. Fantastic trip no crash helmets just shorts and t shirts as the weather was hot .
Rhodes is a lovely place to visit lots to see and far more interesting than a lot of Greek islands , People are helpful and friendly . One other thing which was quite unusual - there was a shark sighting on the beach in Faliraki when we were there . There were warning signs put up and I think the Greeks caught it in the end and it wasn't a small one either.
Rhodes on 22:00 - Jul 24 with 1036 viewsSullutaCreturned

Rhodes on 19:05 - Jul 24 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Rhodes is amazing, especially the old town. The big knights hospitalier castle is incredible and the museum underneath is one of the best I’ve been to anywhere in the world.

if you get off the beaten track there is more, did you get to Monolithos? There is an incredible Greek orthodox church there, absolutely stunning. The locals were giving us food and drink.

On a down side though, we went snorkelling off a boat and the boat owner was telling us theres hardly any fiish these days but 30 years ago the coastline was teeming with fish. The water is so clear and warm but we have killed off far too many creatures.
Rhodes on 09:25 - Jul 25 with 956 viewshobo

Arrests have been made in relation to starting these fires. Throw the book at them
Rhodes on 09:34 - Jul 25 with 951 viewsonehunglow

Rhodes on 09:25 - Jul 25 by hobo

Arrests have been made in relation to starting these fires. Throw the book at them

Dear Lord .
That’s an awful read

Rhodes on 09:39 - Jul 25 with 937 viewsWhiterockin

Rhodes on 09:34 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

Dear Lord .
That’s an awful read

Just take them to the departure lounge with a sign around their neck " I started the fires".

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024