Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans shareholder interview "Swans stink" 20:24 - Dec 24 with 5742 viewsQJumpingJack

Surely Kaplan, Levien, Gude and Coleman should ask him to explain his comments from this interview.
This does not come across well. "Swans stink"

https://www.tiktok.com/@pardonmytake/video/7231211192247766318
[Post edited 25 Dec 2023 20:30]
Swans shareholder interview on 20:32 - Dec 24 with 3579 viewsPawelAbbott

Aren't we just part of some investment vehicle that the Americans sell on?
Their controlling stake is sub-owned by a mass of investors?
Isn't that why we had a large number of people linked to the club. Sounds like the investors aren't all that happy, which suggests that they aren't seeing large dividends pay out from player sales each season.
Swans shareholder interview on 20:51 - Dec 24 with 3540 viewsReslovenSwan1

It is quite funny actually. He is a shareholder that has lost money. He will get some of it back if Swansea get to the Premier league. He has not seen any dividends and none of the US investors have sadly for them.

Sounds as he has invested around $50k and lost $30k. Some sort of fund sold by the ownership group as part of the LLP perhaps.

The SCST has 1000 members who "invest" £10 a year but will not get that back. Some have presumably put in up to £220 over the 22 years. None of that money has gone to the club.

I thank the investor for putting $50k into the club. US citizens invest Welsh ones do not.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 20:57]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swans shareholder interview on 20:57 - Dec 24 with 3525 viewsQJumpingJack

Swans shareholder interview on 20:51 - Dec 24 by ReslovenSwan1

It is quite funny actually. He is a shareholder that has lost money. He will get some of it back if Swansea get to the Premier league. He has not seen any dividends and none of the US investors have sadly for them.

Sounds as he has invested around $50k and lost $30k. Some sort of fund sold by the ownership group as part of the LLP perhaps.

The SCST has 1000 members who "invest" £10 a year but will not get that back. Some have presumably put in up to £220 over the 22 years. None of that money has gone to the club.

I thank the investor for putting $50k into the club. US citizens invest Welsh ones do not.

If I was Levien or Kaplan I would not be happy with his comments.
Hugely disrespectful to the club and the supporters.

If Jase, Steve and others are looking to attract this new investment for the club - this sort of interview is a backward step.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 21:01]
Swans shareholder interview on 21:28 - Dec 24 with 3460 viewsQJumpingJack

the welsh do invest - David Morgan, Martin Morgan, Huw Jenkins and Leigh Dineen all invested at the start of the amazing journey in 2002.
Swans shareholder interview on 22:09 - Dec 24 with 3394 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans shareholder interview on 21:28 - Dec 24 by QJumpingJack

the welsh do invest - David Morgan, Martin Morgan, Huw Jenkins and Leigh Dineen all invested at the start of the amazing journey in 2002.

Yes they did 20 years ago. There has been no Welsh cash since then. Mr Morgan does other beneficial things like sponsor the stadium and kit.

Kaplan and Levien probably have no idea who this man is. Just a index number on spreadsheet. He has lost possibly as much as $30k so I do not blame him for being angry about the cub. I bought £2500 of shares in Cable and Wireless 20 years ago and I have nothing good to say about them. Worth about £25 today.

Swans shareholder interview on 00:32 - Dec 25 with 3290 viewsPawelAbbott

It suggests that Kaplein and Levein put up money to buy the club from Others who invested their money into it, and so probably not so much if their own, if any.
Now, to show some level of return on that investment they need to show an increase in club value.
They bought us when we were 8th in the Premier league.
How were we ever going to improve on that!!!
That has to be the stupidest investment ever!! There is no way a club of our size can sustain top 8 finishes for more than a few seasons.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2023 8:05]
Swans shareholder interview on 08:24 - Dec 25 with 3183 viewsQJumpingJack

Swans shareholder interview on 00:32 - Dec 25 by PawelAbbott

It suggests that Kaplein and Levein put up money to buy the club from Others who invested their money into it, and so probably not so much if their own, if any.
Now, to show some level of return on that investment they need to show an increase in club value.
They bought us when we were 8th in the Premier league.
How were we ever going to improve on that!!!
That has to be the stupidest investment ever!! There is no way a club of our size can sustain top 8 finishes for more than a few seasons.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2023 8:05]

The investors would have made money if the club had stayed in the Premier League. TV rights (domestic and overseas) would have given a great return. That is why the club was so attractive in 2015.

Sadly we went down in 2018 (poor decisions on and off the pitch) and it is very unlikely that they will now get such a return - based on the last five seasons.
Swans shareholder interview on 09:37 - Dec 25 with 3130 viewsjohnlangy

Swans shareholder interview on 22:09 - Dec 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes they did 20 years ago. There has been no Welsh cash since then. Mr Morgan does other beneficial things like sponsor the stadium and kit.

Kaplan and Levien probably have no idea who this man is. Just a index number on spreadsheet. He has lost possibly as much as $30k so I do not blame him for being angry about the cub. I bought £2500 of shares in Cable and Wireless 20 years ago and I have nothing good to say about them. Worth about £25 today.

You do not blame him for being angry about the club ?

If he was asked proper questions about why the club is where it is now he almost certainly would not have a clue. If he was asked what players have been sold over the last five years and for how much and also what players have been bought to replace those players over the last five years and for how much his eyes would be blank. And if you said the difference is about £100 million or so (someone correct me re the actual figure) his eyes would also show no knowledge whatsoever.

If he was to read this thread i'd suggest he keep his mouth shut and spend time looking into what's been happening to OUR club and take his complaints up with the owners.

His comment that the 'Swans stink' shows him to be an idiot. If there's any stench it is from the ownership.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans shareholder interview on 09:47 - Dec 25 with 3117 viewsQJumpingJack

Swans shareholder interview on 09:37 - Dec 25 by johnlangy

You do not blame him for being angry about the club ?

If he was asked proper questions about why the club is where it is now he almost certainly would not have a clue. If he was asked what players have been sold over the last five years and for how much and also what players have been bought to replace those players over the last five years and for how much his eyes would be blank. And if you said the difference is about £100 million or so (someone correct me re the actual figure) his eyes would also show no knowledge whatsoever.

If he was to read this thread i'd suggest he keep his mouth shut and spend time looking into what's been happening to OUR club and take his complaints up with the owners.

His comment that the 'Swans stink' shows him to be an idiot. If there's any stench it is from the ownership.

He should have been advised to keep his opinions private.

Making his comments public could indeed cause problems for the investment portfolio. Other shareholders will be furious with his comments. His comments could potentially damage the overall "value".
Swans shareholder interview on 10:35 - Dec 25 with 3078 viewsPawelAbbott

Maybe he should have done some research into what he was buying before he bought.
Also, if he is not happy with the return on his investment then put some pressure onto the asset manager to do a better job of managing his investment portfolio
Swans shareholder interview on 10:52 - Dec 25 with 3056 viewsKeithHaynes

Sums up the type of idiot the investment attracts,

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans shareholder interview on 11:55 - Dec 25 with 2989 viewsBoundy

Swans shareholder interview on 10:52 - Dec 25 by KeithHaynes

And the ones who belive they can do no wrong

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swans shareholder interview on 11:57 - Dec 25 with 2981 viewsswan_si

Swans shareholder interview on 10:52 - Dec 25 by KeithHaynes

The man really is an idiot, he invested about $20.000 so he could say he owned Swansea🤣, being loud and obnoxious makes him a load of money, he even admits he doesn't like soccer.🤡
Swans shareholder interview on 14:10 - Dec 25 with 2914 viewsFireboy2

Swans shareholder interview on 11:57 - Dec 25 by swan_si

The man really is an idiot, he invested about $20.000 so he could say he owned Swansea🤣, being loud and obnoxious makes him a load of money, he even admits he doesn't like soccer.🤡

He must be thick as he's been hoodwinked by levein and kaplan.
Swans shareholder interview on 20:15 - Dec 25 with 2754 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans shareholder interview on 14:10 - Dec 25 by Fireboy2

He must be thick as he's been hoodwinked by levein and kaplan.

The SCST were worth a staggering $35m in 2015-2016 before Brexit with 96% of their holding in a struggling Premier league team and roughly $1.6m in the bank. This is 'turbo' high risk in any portfolio.

They saw no reason to sell their shares and none of their members were either. I have been accused of being disrespectful of the members for not demanding the sale of shares while buyers were circling since early 2015.

This guy is hopping mad saying Swansea stink. No one criticises the Leaders and members of the SCST this time. This mug was effectively knocking on the SCST to buy their shares and they said no thanks. No one else were so short sighted.

The fact that no one is prepared to accept any blame tells me this group needs shutting down because they have not seen the light and will do it again.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2023 20:20]

Swans shareholder interview on 20:32 - Dec 25 with 2721 viewsQJumpingJack

Swans shareholder interview on 20:15 - Dec 25 by ReslovenSwan1

The SCST were worth a staggering $35m in 2015-2016 before Brexit with 96% of their holding in a struggling Premier league team and roughly $1.6m in the bank. This is 'turbo' high risk in any portfolio.

They saw no reason to sell their shares and none of their members were either. I have been accused of being disrespectful of the members for not demanding the sale of shares while buyers were circling since early 2015.

This guy is hopping mad saying Swansea stink. No one criticises the Leaders and members of the SCST this time. This mug was effectively knocking on the SCST to buy their shares and they said no thanks. No one else were so short sighted.

The fact that no one is prepared to accept any blame tells me this group needs shutting down because they have not seen the light and will do it again.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2023 20:20]

if you take the time to listen to the Trust-Kaplan-Levien forum - Jase claims he was told not to engage with the Trust in 15/16. Take a listen - it explains a lot.
Swans shareholder interview "Swans stink" on 20:34 - Dec 25 with 2712 viewsQJumpingJack

And if the Trust board are reading this thread it would be great if they could ask the executive team on their thoughts on the above TikTok video with the Swans shareholder. Is it acceptable?
Swans shareholder interview on 22:21 - Dec 25 with 2598 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans shareholder interview on 20:32 - Dec 25 by QJumpingJack

if you take the time to listen to the Trust-Kaplan-Levien forum - Jase claims he was told not to engage with the Trust in 15/16. Take a listen - it explains a lot.

Their shares were not up for sale. They had no mandate to sell at that time because they had made no preparations. This was over a year after the first US 2015 enquiry.

They should have been looking to significantly reduce their risk any times after 2012. Any financial advisors would have recommended this. Their strategy was increasing to 25% not reducing their holding. It was a disastrous strategy.

Instead of accepting this the defenders of the Trust hand the blame elsewhere. It is a diversion.

Swans shareholder interview on 23:36 - Dec 25 with 2538 viewsBillyChong

Trust members do not ‘invest’ £10 every year. It’s a subscription that fans choose to pay.

This daft yank (not a fan of the club) on the video has been caught hook line and sinker for some sort of Kaplan/Levein scheme. He’s been ripped off. No one knows how many others without much of a clue the other side of the Atlantic have fallen for this.

I suspect the LLP have sold the dream to plenty of others. I still question if they’ve actually spent any of their own money on this.
Swans shareholder interview on 00:08 - Dec 26 with 2508 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans shareholder interview on 23:36 - Dec 25 by BillyChong

Trust members do not ‘invest’ £10 every year. It’s a subscription that fans choose to pay.

This daft yank (not a fan of the club) on the video has been caught hook line and sinker for some sort of Kaplan/Levein scheme. He’s been ripped off. No one knows how many others without much of a clue the other side of the Atlantic have fallen for this.

I suspect the LLP have sold the dream to plenty of others. I still question if they’ve actually spent any of their own money on this.

The US investor (who is probably a lot well off than we imagine) may have invested in a hedge fund. You and most of us cannot invest in hedge funds as it is for experienced and (or at least) well resourced people.

Hedge funds are controversial because they have no FCA (UK body) protection. It is for high risk operators. No FCA registered adviser would recommend a football club shares in UK. If they did they would be de-registered. No one cries for these people when they lose big. To invest in football teams you must go to investment methods outside the mainstream.

The Trust are not wailing at their monumental loses as no individual has got hurt. This is why it was run so badly and no one is blamed for it. No one really cares. This is why it is no good. It is a place for a chat.

Hedge funds differ from other funds in that the "principals" are also highly invested in the project. If you lose they lose. Some UK FCA advisers like pension advisors are pad a % rate. If you lose, they do not, they just win less. In hedge funds the owners lose more than you do as an investor.

The US guy will still make big profits if Swansea get back to the Premier league due to football inflation in TV rights season tickets stadium expansion, player trading etc. You do not need to feel sorry for these guys. They will be real happy if Swansea go back up and will close on double their investment.

Swans shareholder interview on 12:35 - Dec 26 with 2243 viewsSullutaCreturned

A complete wind up post because even someone with the IQ of a dog turd would know that the investors in Levein and Kaplans group only did so hoping to make profit, to take money out of our club.
Whereas everyone who joined the trust did so knowing the trusts raison d'etre was to build up a lump sum so if the club went bankrupt or had severe financial issues in the future they may have enough to save it.

Two completely different reasons which this poster has twisted yet again to attack Swansea fans yet to big up people hoping to profit directly from our club.
Swans shareholder interview on 12:42 - Dec 26 with 2234 viewsjohnlangy

Swans shareholder interview on 12:35 - Dec 26 by SullutaCreturned

A complete wind up post because even someone with the IQ of a dog turd would know that the investors in Levein and Kaplans group only did so hoping to make profit, to take money out of our club.
Whereas everyone who joined the trust did so knowing the trusts raison d'etre was to build up a lump sum so if the club went bankrupt or had severe financial issues in the future they may have enough to save it.

Two completely different reasons which this poster has twisted yet again to attack Swansea fans yet to big up people hoping to profit directly from our club.

Well said Cat.
Swans shareholder interview "Swans stink" on 12:45 - Dec 26 with 2229 viewsRhonddaSwans

He isn't wrong is he 😂
Every transfer window having angry fans calling him a fat PEICE of shite!

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Swans shareholder interview on 12:49 - Dec 26 with 2222 viewsFireboy2

Swans shareholder interview on 12:42 - Dec 26 by johnlangy

Well said Cat.

Seconded 👍
Swans shareholder interview on 12:49 - Dec 26 with 2220 viewsQJumpingJack

Swans shareholder interview on 00:08 - Dec 26 by ReslovenSwan1

The US investor (who is probably a lot well off than we imagine) may have invested in a hedge fund. You and most of us cannot invest in hedge funds as it is for experienced and (or at least) well resourced people.

Hedge funds are controversial because they have no FCA (UK body) protection. It is for high risk operators. No FCA registered adviser would recommend a football club shares in UK. If they did they would be de-registered. No one cries for these people when they lose big. To invest in football teams you must go to investment methods outside the mainstream.

The Trust are not wailing at their monumental loses as no individual has got hurt. This is why it was run so badly and no one is blamed for it. No one really cares. This is why it is no good. It is a place for a chat.

Hedge funds differ from other funds in that the "principals" are also highly invested in the project. If you lose they lose. Some UK FCA advisers like pension advisors are pad a % rate. If you lose, they do not, they just win less. In hedge funds the owners lose more than you do as an investor.

The US guy will still make big profits if Swansea get back to the Premier league due to football inflation in TV rights season tickets stadium expansion, player trading etc. You do not need to feel sorry for these guys. They will be real happy if Swansea go back up and will close on double their investment.

Please keep to the topic of the original post.
The Trust has nothing to do with this interview.

Thank you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024